News: Zack Martin says they still believe in Garrett

CCBoy

Reaction score
Focus and attention to detail drives an aggressive scheme...whether that originates in the players or the coaches, really doesn't matter. At some point, pride by players has to dominate. Now is this team's time!:starspin:

Sydla

Reaction score
This thread is full of rationalizations. It takes two or three posts to get to “what’s Martin really supposed to say?”

Plenty of players have come out on many occasions to say that Garrett is a knowledgeable coach.

You guys are so desperate at this point for any glimmer of hope that Garrett really is an elite coach that can win a SB.

I think even in the back of your brain you realize this thing looks to be heading in a direction where you are going to have to admit he just wasn't the right guy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You guys are so desperate at this point for any glimmer of hope that Garrett really is an elite coach that can win a SB.

I think even in the back of your brain you realize this thing looks to be heading in a direction where you are going to have to admit he just wasn't the right guy.

Disagree with a discussion on elements involved...you go, bring out a bag of insults.

Sydla

Reaction score
Disagree with a discussion on elements involved...you go, bring out a bag of insults.

Disagree with what?

That right now, the trend looks like Garrett might not be the answer?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have a tenuous grasp of what I’ve actually said on this topic in the past. There is no doubt that Jason Garrett is a good head coach. Jerry firing him short of a Superbowl will not affect that one way or another. I’ve never remotely suggested a good coach in Dallas guarantees a championship.

I’ve also said on several occasions that Garrett and this team need to deliver this season. The talent is too good. So far, they’ve been disappointing. We’re in first place and in position for the postseason, but we’re looking at needing back to back road playoff wins to get it done. We’ll see what happens.

If they fall short, we’ll probably change the staff. And you guys can switch to jumping all over that guy with limited cause when games don’t go the way you want them to in a game that’s geared towards one-possession final drives.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have a tenuous grasp of what I’ve actually said on this topic in the past. There is no doubt that Jason Garrett is a good head coach. Jerry firing him short of a Superbowl will not affect that one way or another. I’ve never remotely suggested a good coach in Dallas guarantees a championship.

I’ve also said on several occasions that Garrett and this team need to deliver this season. The talent is too good. So far, they’ve been disappointing. We’re in first place and in position for the postseason, but we’re looking at needing back to back road playoff wins to get it done. We’ll see what happens.

If they fall short, we’ll probably change the staff. And you guys can switch to jumping all over that guy with limited cause when games don’t go the way you want them to in a game that’s geared towards one-possession final drives.

"limited cause"

LOL.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Zack education at Notre Dame, starting to show. ..;)..

JayFord

Reaction score
At this point whether you believe or not the man hasnt produced

Either win a SB or find work elsewhere

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Im not advocating we keep this staff, im ready fpor a complete makeover but players have to be held accountable and these losses were so close, its on 75% on the players..
Yes and no - its the coaches job to put the players in position to succeed.
For example if on practically every first down you have the QB under center (which he hardly is ever in) and he hands it off to the RB - teams will start too key on that - hence you prob won't be good at running it on first down.

Now is that on the coaches or players...

Another example - 3rd and 1 - why on earth would you go shotgun?

Our calling card is supposed to be the run, we got 4 highly paid o-linemen and the highest paid RB, you go "BIG" formation and run it down their throats or even a QB sneak.

But Ok you dont wanna run - fine but why tip your hand by going shotgun...
Again "Big" formation - play action - roll out the QB - TE blocks down and fires out - that play hardly fails, you got two options, throw to the TE or the QB runs it himself. And you can even have a third option - TE on opposite side does the same - blocks down, fires out.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

they dont have to and wont, if people make excuses for JG now, that will continue after he is gone.
If someone took over next year and marched straight to the SB, they would say it was with a team JG built .
Just human nature.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep. It’s hilarious.

Coach hasn't gotten beyond the divisional round of the playoffs in 9 seasons. Has only 2 playoff wins in that period.

But yeah, fans that have jumped on Garrett have done so with "limited cause".

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jimmy could not win in this era with his approach.
He for sure would burn out after 3-4 years.

He already did that before, and is the very first to admit it.

Those thinking he would've stayed in Dallas (or anywhere) for 10 years need to just ask him directly.
He never did it anywhere because his approach wore thin after a few years—on him as well as the players.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Do you think Bellicheats players love him? I bet they don't. But they respect the heck out of him.

And they know that BB will have a better game plan than the other coach and put them in a position to be successful.