Twitter: Zack Martin: "Terence Steele is the best run blocker I've ever played next to"

Mookie

Reaction score
He also thinks the Cowboys need to make an effort to get an extension done for Steele because his price keeps going up.

• Said he spoke with the front office about Steele during the offseason: "this kid is continuing to trend up. He's an ascending player who is a special run blocker"

• Zack Martin said he's the best run blocker he has ever played next to "it's not even a question" and that Steele makes him (Martin) better in the run game. "He's never had a tackle to come off the ball that's able to displace a hit(hip?) so powerfully that it knocks a guy over like that.... Terence's consistency on those B blocks and combos and just the feel, it's like he's shot out of a cannon"

• "He's a tireless worker"

• Said he works with him even through the season.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Steele has become one of my favorite players. I love to see a dude who has a rough beginning and puts his head down and works towards being better with no complaints.

Look at this tweet..the guy has quick feet

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
High praise coming from Martin. Considering this is his first year as a full time starter— Steele has developed and progressed faster and further than any projection.

Zack says he is a tireless worker, so he hasn’t hit his ceiling yet. Improving his pass pro will come with time and coaching, if he continues to apply himself as he has done up to this point.

Kudos to the coaching staff for recognizing his talent, and developing him to this point.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Might be cheaper to draft Paris Johnson Jr in the first. Because still has really been good this year.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Anytime someone praises someone on this team its the kill shot. Micah talked about Bohanna, Martin in the past talked about Jihad Ward. SMH

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shout out to Jerry. Get an extension done this year for Steele before his price keeps going up and costs you so much more the longer you wait (ie... Dak's contract). Zack Martin is trying to help Jerry and this organization save some money.
Not a good comparison as one has talent and the other when all is said and done is a dud.....

terra

Reaction score
Anytime someone praises someone on this team its the kill shot. Micah talked about Bohanna, Martin in the past talked about Jihad Ward. SMH
Well, one must point out that Zack was pretty quite about pass blocking.

But yeah, lately high praise from a team mate does not seem to be a good sign.

Reactions: BAT

DanA

Reaction score
It was something I thought stood out in the first two months of last season. I know Zeke also got injured but it felt there was a noticeable drop off in holes opening up in the run game after Collins came in.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, one must point out that Zack was pretty quite about pass blocking.

But yeah, lately high praise from a team mate does not seem to be a good sign.

Because he sucks in pass protection.

He's a back up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I said earlier this week that with Martin having had some rare down games this year, Steele is in the argument as having been (so far) our best oline this year

Tip of the cap to the front office on letting a high priced Collins walk.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Wow, if that ain't ennoblement, then I don't know what it.

You can call him Sir Terence Steele now.

RS12

Reaction score
Draft another OT in the spring sand move Steele to LG