Twitter: Zack Martin: "Terence Steele is the best run blocker I've ever played next to"

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Steele has become one of my favorite players. I love to see a dude who has a rough beginning and puts his head down and works towards being better with no complaints.

Look at this tweet..the guy has quick feet

Maybe that explains all the false start penalties which I feel he will eliminate over time.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I trust Our right guard’s evaluation over anyone else’s. Keep Zach happy and keep Steele right where he is. McGovern hasn’t been as bad as I thought he’d be, but I’d look for a powerful road grader to put at LG next season. The power with Smith/LG and Zach/Steele would be an excellent run blocking OL. When you get that going, they all become better pass blockers.

Reactions: BAT

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He also thinks the Cowboys need to make an effort to get an extension done for Steele because his price keeps going up.

• Said he spoke with the front office about Steele during the offseason: "this kid is continuing to trend up. He's an ascending player who is a special run blocker"

• Zack Martin said he's the best run blocker he has ever played next to "it's not even a question" and that Steele makes him (Martin) better in the run game. "He's never had a tackle to come off the ball that's able to displace a hit(hip?) so powerfully that it knocks a guy over like that.... Terence's consistency on those B blocks and combos and just the feel, it's like he's shot out of a cannon"

• "He's a tireless worker"

• Said he works with him even through the season.

Better than Fredbeard ?

Wow!

terra

Reaction score
Funny how a guy that is in the trenches and has played with some of the very best offensive linemen in the game can make a comment about a player's ability and people on here can crap on it. Almost funny until you realize how sadly pathetic it is.
like someone posted does zack really think Steele is better than Fredbeard was?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This team needs to be more diverse and creative in the run game...not just handoffs.. I really miss those pitchouts Dorsett used to excel in running outside with option to cut back in. Draw plays too. Two back offense. Running game is so vanilla, need to use the strengths that this OL has. Will only help the passing game too.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He also thinks the Cowboys need to make an effort to get an extension done for Steele because his price keeps going up.

• Said he spoke with the front office about Steele during the offseason: "this kid is continuing to trend up. He's an ascending player who is a special run blocker"

• Zack Martin said he's the best run blocker he has ever played next to "it's not even a question" and that Steele makes him (Martin) better in the run game. "He's never had a tackle to come off the ball that's able to displace a hit(hip?) so powerfully that it knocks a guy over like that.... Terence's consistency on those B blocks and combos and just the feel, it's like he's shot out of a cannon"

LOL @extensionforSteele The Cowboys front office will want to see what he can do first on a prove it basis. Then they will think about an extension.

Of course I'm being sarcastic. But it just seems the Cowboys FO are all reactionary when it comes to contracts. They think that just because we are the Cowboys, that every single player will give the Cowboys a discount.

Thus the reason why Jerry and Stephen are wannabe GMs who don't know their wearing a clown suite.

Reactions: BAT

ShortRound

Reaction score

Wow ok, High praise.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

And Zoners think he’s a JAG.

Reactions: CWR

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anytime someone praises someone on this team its the kill shot. Micah talked about Bohanna, Martin in the past talked about Jihad Ward. SMH
Yeah, talking good about another player is their kiss of death. Got cha.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well, one must point out that Zack was pretty quite about pass blocking.

But yeah, lately high praise from a team mate does not seem to be a good sign.
One must point out that some always look for the negative.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nice post....damn right PFF is 'flawed'...they suck IMO
It comes down to real football and per-play assignments.
You get it, I get it.
they sometimes do not get it.
For oline and secondary positions, they make "assumptions" on individual play assignments and then grade accordingly...which is a joke. Awful lot a gray area

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Since this is his third year, you extend him anytime before next season. Once next season begins, he will be thinking about FA money.

Reactions: CWR

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Grade A+ run blocker
Grace C/C+ pass blocker

PFF (flawed) grades his pass blacking much higher though

Right he's great in run blocking and solid in pass pro..like most offensive lineman. Usually dudes who excel at both are hall of famers.