Twitter: Zack Martin: "Terence Steele is the best run blocker I've ever played next to"

Irv88

Reaction score
Frederick?

The guy was a bulldozer in a uniform and on his way to a hall of fame career.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

Creeper

Reaction score
When I saw Steele drive Fletcher Cox out of the hole on that Zeke TD run I was convinced he is one of the better run blockers in the league. He pass blocking is not awful but it does need improvement I think. I do agree with Zack though, the Cowboys should try to extend him now because if he hits the free agent market they will lose him the way they lost Parnell.

My gut tells me that's why they drafted Ball and Waletzko. One of them will replace Steele when he becomes a free agent Dallas can't afford.

Mookie

Reaction score
High praise coming from Martin. Considering this is his first year as a full time starter— Steele has developed and progressed faster and further than any projection.

Zack says he is a tireless worker, so he hasn’t hit his ceiling yet. Improving his pass pro will come with time and coaching, if he continues to apply himself as he has done up to this point.

Kudos to the coaching staff for recognizing his talent, and developing him to this point.
And also to the front office for getting rid of Collins. Steele has been a monster. What an undrafted steal

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He also thinks the Cowboys need to make an effort to get an extension done for Steele because his price keeps going up.

• Said he spoke with the front office about Steele during the offseason: "this kid is continuing to trend up. He's an ascending player who is a special run blocker"

• Zack Martin said he's the best run blocker he has ever played next to "it's not even a question" and that Steele makes him (Martin) better in the run game. "He's never had a tackle to come off the ball that's able to displace a hit(hip?) so powerfully that it knocks a guy over like that.... Terence's consistency on those B blocks and combos and just the feel, it's like he's shot out of a cannon"

• "He's a tireless worker"

• Said he works with him even through the season.

Steele is actually a freak athlete for the RT position. He pretty much has the build of a tight end and can run with the best of them while still being strong enough to not get bullied. Getting that type of praise from Zack Martin is not something that happens every day, and we should all be giving Steele a pat on the back for how much he has improved.

His career arc here in Dallas has been really fun to watch. He went from essentially Chaz Green 2.0 (AKA unplayable) to an average-above average NFL tackle. That is not easy to do, especially after the rough start to his career he had. Hopefully Dallas can afford to keep him around here for a long time. With his athleticism and work ethic there really isn't a limit to how good he could get.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a big Texas Tech fan, the thing that I noticed about Steele years ago is that he’s actually a pretty good athlete. He played both Right and Left Tackle at Tech, blocking for Pat Mahomes a couple of years. His ability to play multiple positions was an asset.

I was surprised he wasn’t drafted but I also knew he was raw and that if he had a chance to develop could make an NFL roster. But I didn’t expect him to be as good as he’s developed into. If he can improve his pass blocking, he could become a pro bowl RT.

exciter

Reaction score
Draft another OT in the spring sand move Steele to LG
Huh, so take the guy who has always been a tackle, has the prototypical body of a tackle, who has been excellent in our system as a tackle and who is going to get a really nice contract for UDFA because of his play at tackle the last 2 seasons and move him to left guard (what should be the easiest OL position to replace). Alrighty then lol!

exciter

Reaction score
He also thinks the Cowboys need to make an effort to get an extension done for Steele because his price keeps going up.

• Said he spoke with the front office about Steele during the offseason: "this kid is continuing to trend up. He's an ascending player who is a special run blocker"

• Zack Martin said he's the best run blocker he has ever played next to "it's not even a question" and that Steele makes him (Martin) better in the run game. "He's never had a tackle to come off the ball that's able to displace a hit(hip?) so powerfully that it knocks a guy over like that.... Terence's consistency on those B blocks and combos and just the feel, it's like he's shot out of a cannon"

• "He's a tireless worker"

• Said he works with him even through the season.

No no no no no no no, I’ve read here multiple times that he was good in pass protection but wasn’t strong enough in the run game. Obviously Martin doesn’t have a clue as to what he’s talking about!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I said earlier this week that with Martin having had some rare down games this year, Steele is in the argument as having been (so far) our best oline this year

Tip of the cap to the front office on letting a high priced Collins walk.
Yea Steele has been a steal

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Meaningless. We have a center and a LG who should be end of the roster guys, instead they're starting. Massive handicap that can't be overcome.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Funny how a guy that is in the trenches and has played with some of the very best offensive linemen in the game can make a comment about a player's ability and people on here can crap on it. Almost funny until you realize how sadly pathetic it is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anytime someone praises someone on this team its the kill shot. Micah talked about Bohanna, Martin in the past talked about Jihad Ward. SMH
They all talked about Micah, Micah talked about Sam, several talked about Tyler Smith...Sometimes they get it wrong, sometimes they get it right.

rambo2

Reaction score
Because he sucks in pass protection.

He's a back up.
He is exactly what Martin says he is. He certainly isn't a backup. Check out what the Eagles have at right tackle when their starter goes down.