Zay Flowers is the Real Deal

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I can see how you don't like him, he's not as flashy. That's why I say he's more "subtle," to describe a football player, whatever that means. But it's possible he could do very well, and even exceed Flowers. But that's probably why you look at him later on, because it's difficult to decipher whether he'll be good in the pros. I'll leave that up to the likes of Will McClay. He seems to have a method of figuring that out. But as far as production in college, and measurables, in terms of the pros, he's everything you want for that type of receiver at that level.

But the way Flowers plays, it's just kind of obvious he'll do better in the pros. He has something instinctually, and with this stride, that matches up well with what NFL teams covet.
How do you have JNS vs. Downs?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
How do you have JNS vs. Downs?
If I had to pick, JNS. But there'd be a thought in the back of my mind if I passed on Downs.. looming anticipation of regret.

The receiver who most would probably consider a "pet cat" is Jalen Cropper from Fresno. Those guys helped Haener look good, and he was a big part of that. Another more subtle talent. Put him on a team like the Chiefs with a QB like Mahomes and he would, or could, excel, imo.

Also, don't count out Losivas. He's got Olympic level speed. Could really turn out to be a steal in the end.

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I see a lot of AJ Brown in Mingo.
And a little bit of Metcalf...

There's another guy I'm trying to think of that compares to a previous era. But I can't put my finger on it right now. Ah . . . Hines Ward. Reminds me little bit of Treylon Burks. But I think it was more work ethic stuff with him.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Downs from UNC does nothing for me. He’s a nice slot prospect. I wouldn’t touch him in the first 75-100 picks.

In the hierarchy of smaller receivers I’d go:

Flowers
Addison
Dell (maybe)

Downs/Washington
Really? Man I think he’s such an easy separator with a great combo of quickness / speed.

Even if he sticks at slot I think he could be an absolutely stud slot WR.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Downs from UNC does nothing for me. He’s a nice slot prospect. I wouldn’t touch him in the first 75-100 picks.

In the hierarchy of smaller receivers I’d go:

Flowers
Addison
Dell (maybe)

Downs/Washington
Sounds like you have Downs syndrome…

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They just have to change their thinking and being stubborn if they want to become great at building a championship caliber roster.

Every WR and DB doesn’t need to be 6’2.

I’d be ecstatic if we landed someone like Downs in the 2nd and Clark Phillips in the 3rd. Both are 5’10 but high floor players that I think will have long NFL careers.
You know I don’t disagree with that.

What do you think of Tyler Scott?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Mingo won‘t last long in round 2. If you want that big WCO kind of a WR, he certainly fits the bill.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You know I don’t disagree with that.

What do you think of Tyler Scott?
I can’t find any freaking film of him. There’s like 2 minutes on Youtube and not enough for me to make a claim on him.

Dane Brugler and Dane Z are high in him so I’m sure he’s good…just wish there was more to watch. They make him sound like a 2nd round target.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I can’t find any freaking film of him. There’s like 2 minutes on Youtube and not enough for me to make a claim on him.

Dane Brugler and Dane Z are high in him so I’m sure he’s good…just wish there was more to watch. They make him sound like a 2nd round target.
Yeah, it seems like when someone does get to watch him, they really like him. Trevor Sikkema and Connor Rogers like him quite a bit too.

He sounds like an interesting player. He also is a little bit taller (5’11”) than Flowers/Downs etc. but with their elite speed. He also played primarily outside at Cincinnati. He didn’t go in the slot very often, even though he would be dangerous inside.

Everything that I hear or read on him is positive. I’m eager to see how he compares to the other speed guys at the combine. He might officially reach pet cat status for me.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I like Scott a lot.
I really do too. He’s still improving a lot because he never played WR until he was a Freshman at Cincy. He was a RB for his entire high school career… which you can kind of see when he is running after the catch. So, he is a little more raw than most WR’s coming in to the draft. He already looks more polished than some, so NFL coaching should really do a lot for Scott.

He’s a very sharp kid too. He’s smart. He actually reminds me a good bit of Tyler Lockett.

I like a whole lot about Scott and I’m pretty excited to see what he does at the combine. His speed is supposed to be near elite, so I’m ready to see what he puts up. If he runs a sub 4.4, he will climb up well into round 2, I’m afraid.

He does have some drops though, and ultimately, that will probably hurt his stock some.

But usually, when I have a guy that I really like and want Dallas to get in the second round… they end up killing it and going in round 1 before Dallas picks. Like Witherspoon this year. And Aaron Donald a few years ago. Oh well… I just hope Dallas can end up getting Scott. It is about time for them to get one of my pet cats.

rambo2

Reaction score
I really do too. He’s still improving a lot because he never played WR until he was a Freshman at Cincy. He was a RB for his entire high school career… which you can kind of see when he is running after the catch. So, he is a little more raw than most WR’s coming in to the draft. He already looks more polished than some, so NFL coaching should really do a lot for Scott.

He’s a very sharp kid too. He’s smart. He actually reminds me a good bit of Tyler Lockett.

I like a whole lot about Scott and I’m pretty excited to see what he does at the combine. His speed is supposed to be near elite, so I’m ready to see what he puts up. If he runs a sub 4.4, he will climb up well into round 2, I’m afraid.

Usually, when I have a guy that I really like and want Dallas to get in the second round… they end up killing it and going in round 1 before Dallas picks. Like Witherspoon this year. And Aaron Donald a few years ago. Oh well… I just hope Dallas can end up getting Scott. It is about time for them to get one of my pet cats.
He looks fast to me. On one of the highlights he runs clean out of the picture. The camera man couldn't keep up with him. I liked Donald a lot too after watching him at the Senior Bowl.

cnuball21

Reaction score

He does have some drops though, and ultimately, that will probably hurt his stock some.

But usually, when I have a guy that I really like and want Dallas to get in the second round… they end up killing it and going in round 1 before Dallas picks. Like Witherspoon this year. And Aaron Donald a few years ago. Oh well… I just hope Dallas can end up getting Scott. It is about time for them to get one of my pet cats.
After reading on him more sounds like he’s going to run around a 4.4 flat at the combine and get drafted in the 2nd before we pick.