Zay Jones signing with Arizona Cardinals

blueblood70

Reaction score
It could be something as simple as him just taking the highest offer. It could be that other teams weren't impressed. He's obviously on the last leg of his career if he went to 4 teams and the best he could get was 4M.
No, I'm saying is this is the reaction from our fan base they think the Joneses are alone on an island and that players don't want to come here and we got beat out by a team...

that is not true, none of that has been true ,if they want somebody they go get them and in this case three other teams rejected him or didn't offer him what he wanted it wasn't just the challenges but people come on here and say that we're cheap we offer peanuts and that's why he didn't accept our offer well that must mean that the other places also rejected him for whatever reason or he didn't like the money that means they also love all the guy who's not truly worth paying him too much.... That's all I mean yes Zay Jones would have been nice depth it would have been nice to pick him up but if they only thought he was worth 2 million then that's what you should do because if you were going to keep a guy that's similar why even cut Michael gallop if you're going to bring in another guy who would probably be in the same price range and not offer much at all we all know that if you use Turpin and probably told her whoever they pick out of training camp to be your number 3 and #4 rotating in and out there's only so many targets they're going to get anyway they're not going to have a lot of impact from that position so they weren't willing to pay him that much...

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
And yet he didn't end up with the chiefs the Titans got cut from the Jags and somehow this is a Jerry Jones problem he that they had a choice no say took the money and only one out of all those teams offered him that kind of money keeping him perspective had nothing to do with the Jones family and people are so upset that we didn't bring in the guy that was gonna be competing with Tony tolbert or maybe Turpin for the number three spot wow what a bonanza we just lost Jerry ******* rice yay... No the problem is the fan base y'all react like a bunch of toddlers you couldn't eat what they wanted so they threw a tantrum you throw tantrums all the time and yet all these free agents brought in over the last couple of seasons especially before the trade deadline that didn't work out like Leonard for instance or most of the Jags that completely ruined the back end of the Eagles with this wonderful atmosphere that hallie Roseman brings into the Eagles and they just absolutely fell on their face and collapsed last year down the stretch you mean those types this is one of those kind of guys hit or miss you know overpay with the risk versus reward...
Seriously, my guy...if you want ANYONE to read more than two sentences of your streaming thoughts, please for the love of God, use punctuation.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Looks like Stephens vet minimum plus a bagnof peanuts didnt cut it.
On the other hand, it's just as well. We are playing 2024 for a good draft pick, maybe a great one. No sense in adding anyone at this point, starter or depth or whatever.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seriously, my guy...if you want ANYONE to read more than two sentences of your streaming thoughts, please for the love of God, use punctuation.
Nope, I use text talk and this is not a full time job take it or leave it don't read it I don't care but stop criticizing it,

if you don't like it do what your mom said on Mother's Day, you don't have nothing to say don't say anything at all.... so if you don't like what you're reading move on I don't care it's not a popularity contest I'm stating my opinion and sometimes I don't got time before the little 5 or 10 minute timeout to come back and fix my text to talk but yeah I use text to talk because this isn't worth me putting together fully structured sentences!! ON A SM FORUM!!

you got it ,my guy?! so why don't you take that stuff back to jersey bro... :laugh: :lmao:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Nope, I use text talk and this is not a full time job take it or leave it don't read it I don't care but stop criticizing it,

if you don't like it do what your mom said on Mother's Day, you don't have nothing to say don't say anything at all.... so if you don't like what you're reading move on I don't care it's not a popularity contest I'm stating my opinion and sometimes I don't got time before the little 5 or 10 minute timeout to come back and fix my text to talk but yeah I use text to talk because this isn't worth me putting together fully structured sentences!! ON A SM FORUM!!

you got it ,my guy?! so why don't you take that stuff back to jersey bro... :laugh: :lmao:
Then "leave it" it is. I'll never know what insights you may have had to share with the world. Such a shame, but such is life.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Apparently he wasn't good enough to remain with his own team, then he visited the chiefs ,Titans, and Cowboys, who all passed

apparently you think he had a choice, only one team offered him what they offered him, I guarantee he went with the money therefore the bag of peanuts that was offered by the other teams also wasn't good enough... you got that??

you want to keep this in focus it wasn't between the Cardinals and Cowboys it was between the Jaguars, chiefs, Titans, Cowboys, they all said no we will pass

perspective dude, stop with the whining and the crying about our front office like I bet you were one of the ones that thought we should have had Leonard probably about 10 to 15 free agents a year that people begged and cried that weren't brought in here almost always don't do Jack with the teams they end up getting on with Oh my God we needed this guy we should have got that guy Jerry never brings in anyone and most of them they all end up being a Jag....
“who all passed”, yes, they all passed. Chiefs signed Marquis Brown and used a 1st round draft choice on Xavier Worthy. The Titans signed Calvin Ridley and Tyler Boyd. The Jaguars signed Gabe Davis and used a 1st round draft choice on Brian Thomas, Jr. and they all still considered Zay Jones. They could afford to pass on him. The Cowboys, and their front office you adore, see teams making these kind additions, trying to improve, and they do nothing significant. Worse, the Cardinals, who beat the Cowboys last year, signed Zay Jones. Sure, the Cowboys “like their guys”, but when you’re doing nothing you have to take a long look at players like Zay Jones because you have not done anything significant to upgrade your wide receiver group. Pay attention. Zay Jones would start for the Cowboys, sad but true…if they had signed him.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Apparently he wasn't good enough to remain with his own team, then he visited the chiefs ,Titans, and Cowboys, who all passed

apparently you think he had a choice, only one team offered him what they offered him, I guarantee he went with the money therefore the bag of peanuts that was offered by the other teams also wasn't good enough... you got that??

you want to keep this in focus it wasn't between the Cardinals and Cowboys it was between the Jaguars, chiefs, Titans, Cowboys, they all said no we will pass

perspective dude, stop with the whining and the crying about our front office like I bet you were one of the ones that thought we should have had Leonard probably about 10 to 15 free agents a year that people begged and cried that weren't brought in here almost always don't do Jack with the teams they end up getting on with Oh my God we needed this guy we should have got that guy Jerry never brings in anyone and most of them they all end up being a Jag....
Haha, get your head out of whatever youhave , I have never whined and crying for free agents , onky has been bashing them for over valuing someplayers and paid too much or planning to pay too much.

No agenda whatsoever, just the facts and realistic opinions. It may be true Zay Jones is not all that but team needs to address the weakness areas before TC and pre season to have the personnel gel . Any thing done afterwards has very small chance of success

blueblood70

Reaction score
Haha, get your head out of whatever youhave , I have never whined and crying for free agents , onky has been bashing them for over valuing someplayers and paid too much or planning to pay too much.

No agenda whatsoever, just the facts and realistic opinions. It may be true Zay Jones is not all that but team needs to address the weakness areas before TC and pre season to have the personnel gel . Any thing done afterwards has very small chance of success
nonsense!!

there's a reason you go through training camp and preseason with 90 guys and then you make a cut down lots of guys who are in training camp taking real snaps are going to be gone!!

then the team is put together two weeks before the season starts and by the way bunch of people in here crying for trade before the trade deadline, which is when I don't know the end of October why is that?? if it will never matter adding a player in the middle of the season or after week two lots of teams do that as well they wait to add veterans where they don't have to guarantee their contract this has been ongoing for at least the last 20 years... I don't know when it all started but in your premise with your inexperience with you not being a real GM with you not being a team owner or have any NFL credentials....

I supposed to take your word for it that you can add players after preseason and that it will never workout, LMAO are you kidding me? these dudes are consummate professionals only takes a week or two of practice and they can be jumping right on the field....

it's the same thing it's like these practice squad players that we constantly cultivate and sometimes you grab one of them up that has rarely even practiced with you with the real team and they come in and contribute in a game none of these guys can be superstars I think that's the point that you're missing Zay Jones would have to fight for the number three spot from where we all sit that's all he has to offer as of now if he'd have done something else that would be a bonus but act it all high and mighty about the loss of a guy who was fighting for #3 when we don't even have a chance to let some of the other guys on this team fight for that spot in training camp...

So essentially zay Jones would have took snaps from tolber and other guys we brought in even the draft picks could be a progress stopper I'd rather see what we have and then after the second preseason game the Cowboys will have a better idea of what they might need to cut off the team and add to certain positions and no it doesn't take that long to get those dudes ready...

shabazz

Reaction score
Yup. Daddy & Son have killed the allure of America's Team. Zay probably walked in and saw Zeke chasing McCarthy around trying to smack his backside while Cap Boy was spotted in a corner clipping coupons in his bike helmet. Arizona it is.
That's good stuff right there

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I think that 4 million is too much for him. If they payed that, they would be forced to play him and they would end up cutting one of the young guys.
Up to 4 million. Agents always put out the maximum value. When the details come out it will be much less with a bunch of bonuses that will never be hit to get to 4 million.

Flamma

Reaction score
“who all passed”, yes, they all passed. Chiefs signed Marquis Brown and used a 1st round draft choice on Xavier Worthy. The Titans signed Calvin Ridley and Tyler Boyd. The Jaguars signed Gabe Davis and used a 1st round draft choice on Brian Thomas, Jr. and they all still considered Zay Jones. They could afford to pass on him. The Cowboys, and their front office you adore, see teams making these kind additions, trying to improve, and they do nothing significant. Worse, the Cardinals, who beat the Cowboys last year, signed Zay Jones. Sure, the Cowboys “like their guys”, but when you’re doing nothing you have to take a long look at players like Zay Jones because you have not done anything significant to upgrade your wide receiver group. Pay attention. Zay Jones would start for the Cowboys, sad but true…if they had signed him.
The Cowboys are going into this season with too much hope. They hope Tolbert ups his game. Cooks is a #3 WR at this point in his career. We're probably going into this season with 1 good WR and 1 good TE. But I hope I'm wrong.