Zay Jones visiting Cowboys

phildadon86

Reaction score
"
The Jaguars’ Zay Jones release moved an experienced wide receiver to the market post-draft, and teams have taken notice. Jones is set to log a third free agency visit this week.

Already meeting with the Titans and Cardinals, Jones is now heading to Dallas. The Cowboys are bringing in the veteran pass catcher for a Wednesday meeting, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz tweets. The Titans have since signed Tyler Boyd, seemingly removing them from this mid-offseason derby.

Jones would stand to provide Dallas some insurance against 2022 third-round pick Jalen Tolbert not being ready to become a regular. The Cowboys cut Michael Gallup just before part of his 2024 salary was to become guaranteed, and the NFC East team did not address the receiver position early in the draft. The Cowboys waited until Round 6 to add a wideout, selecting Ryan Flournoy out of Division I-FCS Southeast Missouri State."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/cowboys-to-meet-with-wr-zay-jones

Loso86

Reaction score
"
The Jaguars’ Zay Jones release moved an experienced wide receiver to the market post-draft, and teams have taken notice. Jones is set to log a third free agency visit this week.

Already meeting with the Titans and Cardinals, Jones is now heading to Dallas. The Cowboys are bringing in the veteran pass catcher for a Wednesday meeting, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz tweets. The Titans have since signed Tyler Boyd, seemingly removing them from this mid-offseason derby.

Jones would stand to provide Dallas some insurance against 2022 third-round pick Jalen Tolbert not being ready to become a regular. The Cowboys cut Michael Gallup just before part of his 2024 salary was to become guaranteed, and the NFC East team did not address the receiver position early in the draft. The Cowboys waited until Round 6 to add a wideout, selecting Ryan Flournoy out of Division I-FCS Southeast Missouri State."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/cowboys-to-meet-with-wr-zay-jones
I'm just here to see how many fans complain about them doing nothing then complain about them when they do something lmao

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Id love to see this move. Good buy low candidate coming off a down year and recently released, however that Jags offense overall was a letdown across the board last year. Veteran receiver who can line up outside or in the slot. Solid short and mid level depth route runner which fits what McCarthy likes.

The red flag on him is his YAC/catch last year was cut in half. Not sure if that means he's just lost a step physically or if its more of a Jacksonville offense problem. Go back a year though and his deeper metrics are that of a poor mans Ceedee Lamb without as much of a vertical threat.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I'm just here to see how many fans complain about them doing nothing then complain about them when they do something lmao
Hahah so true. Sign someone!! Oh you signed HIM ?! That’s not my choice. I hate it

tm1119

Reaction score
Needs to happen. We don’t have a legit #3 WR as is and we are 1 (likely) Cooks injury away from having Tolbert and Brooks/Flournoy on the field in 3 WR sets…which is worse than the disaster WR corp of 2022

reddyuta

Reaction score
I called it .we need to sign him asap,we cant go into the season with Tolbert as our no 3.

Rayman70

Reaction score
read the article. Unfortunately, hes dealing with nagging injuries which caused him to miss games. He'd be a gamble at this point,but if he pans out, might be our 2nd best wr behind Ceedee. When he's healthy, he's really decent.