Zay Jones visiting Cowboys

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Let me predict the reactions when Zay Jones decides where to sign:

1. Signs With Cowboys: Another cheap JAG. Team does not want to get better! Joke franchise!

2. Signs With Chiefs: Another missed free agent! Team just does not want to get better! Joke franchise!

In all seriousness I could actually get on board with either side. The vibes around this team right now has to be at an all-time low (not counting the rebuilding seasons).

boro

Reaction score

1. Signs With Cowboys: Another cheap JAG. Team does not want to get better! Joke franchise!

2. Signs With Chiefs: Another missed free agent! Team just does not want to get better! Joke franchise!

In all seriousness I could actually get on board with either side. The vibes around this team right now has to be at an all-time low (not counting the rebuilding seasons).
post of the day. So true

Jipper

Reaction score

He's a jag with injury concerns, Chiefs don't want him

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's a jag with injury concerns, Chiefs don't want him
The Chiefs are leery about Zay Jones' dropped passes -- he had 14 in 2023, something that the Chiefs had a problem with in 2022. They know Dallas needs a WR badly and are wondering if we might offer him more than they'd like to pay. That's what I read on their website today. As far as the money offer goes, I'm not of a mind that our offer might be something that can't be beat by them or anyone else -- lol. We'll soon see about that. :rolleyes:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Worthy
Brown
Rice
Kelce

The cheifs don't need zay jones
They seem to think he might be capable of being their #3 WR, although, they're leery about his drops -- 14 last year, with a 59% catch rate.
Aside from that, it's not like they don't have a pretty good supply of WRs already. They just signed another one today, whose name escapes me.

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
They seem to think he might be capable of being their #3 WR, although, they're leery about his drops -- 14 last year, with a 59% catch rate.
Aside from that, it's not like they don't have a pretty good supply of WRs already. They just signed another one today, whose name escapes me.
Funny thing is the cheifs rarely use 3rd or 4th WRs in their schemes as catchers. They are mainly on the field as decoys or to clear spaces for kelce.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I don’t think Zay Jones is very good. I’d be happy if we signed him to a cheapish deal but if he goes elsewhere Im not really going to be upset by it. He won’t be one of our top 2 and I am not worried about finding a guy to compete for our #3 job between now and week 1. he has one season over 56 catches and two over 47 and only one of those two was in the last 6 years.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t think he gets more than one year, $3 million with incentives.

Tyler Boyd is a much better player and just signed for one year, up to $4.5 million.
He might not, but we probably won't be offering more than $1.2 million.

Loso86

Reaction score

Sadly that's 100% accurate half of our fans are delusional and sometimey

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Yep, the Jones’s have earned the bad vibes.
Every ...Single....Bit....