Zay Jones visiting Cowboys

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cap Boy's cheapness knows no bounds.

The Fan Boys used to pretend "Jerry gets what Jerry wants" but way too many instances of that not being the case.

Which is too bad because the one thing I would let Jerry do (if I was a GM with contractually obligated roster control) is let Jerry recruit slash woo free agents. That is where I think his only real football value is (was?).
The Cowboys are now a poverty franchise.

But it is their own "poverty".

The real problem I have right now is that they actively portray themselves as the victims of the salary cap, which if you have a functional brain, you realize is completely false.

The cap is a complete joke. This is about their bottom line. Their money.

The effect is complete when they attempt to pair their imaginary cap poverty with the concept just draft so darn well that they are just unable to manage the money that all of these players are going to command.

That look is a look of greed and should be quite distasteful to anyone with any sense of class.

Then again, class is no longer part of this franchise's profile.

It has not been for a while.

Then again, class is no longer part of this franchise's profile.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
"
The Jaguars’ Zay Jones release moved an experienced wide receiver to the market post-draft, and teams have taken notice. Jones is set to log a third free agency visit this week.

Already meeting with the Titans and Cardinals, Jones is now heading to Dallas. The Cowboys are bringing in the veteran pass catcher for a Wednesday meeting, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz tweets. The Titans have since signed Tyler Boyd, seemingly removing them from this mid-offseason derby.

Jones would stand to provide Dallas some insurance against 2022 third-round pick Jalen Tolbert not being ready to become a regular. The Cowboys cut Michael Gallup just before part of his 2024 salary was to become guaranteed, and the NFC East team did not address the receiver position early in the draft. The Cowboys waited until Round 6 to add a wideout, selecting Ryan Flournoy out of Division I-FCS Southeast Missouri State."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/cowboys-to-meet-with-wr-zay-jones
Please no, Zay is a bust and not worth the time.
Tolbert has shown more upside than stagnant Zay boy.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
"
The Jaguars’ Zay Jones release moved an experienced wide receiver to the market post-draft, and teams have taken notice. Jones is set to log a third free agency visit this week.

Already meeting with the Titans and Cardinals, Jones is now heading to Dallas. The Cowboys are bringing in the veteran pass catcher for a Wednesday meeting, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz tweets. The Titans have since signed Tyler Boyd, seemingly removing them from this mid-offseason derby.

Jones would stand to provide Dallas some insurance against 2022 third-round pick Jalen Tolbert not being ready to become a regular. The Cowboys cut Michael Gallup just before part of his 2024 salary was to become guaranteed, and the NFC East team did not address the receiver position early in the draft. The Cowboys waited until Round 6 to add a wideout, selecting Ryan Flournoy out of Division I-FCS Southeast Missouri State."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/cowboys-to-meet-with-wr-zay-jones
Honest offer incoming!
:muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys as usual probably got cheap and feel Jalen Tolbert could match what Zay Jones brings to the table.

Let's see from both during these last two seasons (2022 - 2023):

Zay Jones

Jalen Tolbert
(Oops, sorry. No highlights to find on YouTube)

reddyuta

Reaction score
KC wil sign him for peanuts since everybody wants to play for the SB winner.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
One of my favorite Tolbert highlights. Made catch despite ball being underthrown. Imagine what could have happened with a good throw.

True, but in all fairness, Dak had to throw it off his backfoot due to Tyler shuffling back right into Dak. Dak had no space to step forward, hence why the pass was slightly underthrown. It still was good enough to where only Tolbert had a chance to get his hands on the ball and make a much needed catch.

Loso86

Reaction score
What did they do? Host a visit?

That's good enough for you?
Well typical that's how things start, I'm not sure if I said I was happy with just that or yoi just wanted ro type something!? Yalp will complain once and If they sign him.or not. Funny yoi responded AFTER yoi saw he left the building unsigned lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People in here told me Tolbert is a good wr3! Hahahaha. This guy is way better than Tolbert
You had to really think hard about that.

287 career catches vs 24...

41 per season vs 12...

Carson

Reaction score
9 pages of complaining for him to sign with Kansas City tonight lol

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Xavier Worthy, Hollywood Brown, Rashee Rice, Skyy Moore, Kadarius Toney

I don't think that is a place to expect a lot of snaps.

Carson

Reaction score
Xavier Worthy, Hollywood Brown, Rashee Rice, Skyy Moore, Kadarius Toney

I don't think that is a place to expect a lot of snaps.
With Rice being out likely 8 games minimum, he would play early and Toney stinks.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not a big name but a very solid player. Excellent in the short and intermediate game.

Great backup plan if Tolbert doesn’t take that next step.