Twitter: Zeke: 1,000 yards is meaningful to me

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope he gets 1000 just to make you whine and cry some more

Zeke barely reaching or not reaching 1000 yards either way shows a struggling back that is no longer anything close to the top 5 back his fans think he is.

Sadly for zeke and his apologists, CowboyRoy is right again.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
85 yards would be his 4th highest total of the season and the highest in 10 games. These are Arlington Jonesboys stats and not Dallas Cowboys stats. Landry did not lower Dorsett carries to 9 carries a game even when he was preserving his NFL career. Dorsett use to complain about getting less than 20 carries a game. Zeke is 30 pounds and 2 inches bigger than Dorsett and has not had 20 carries since 10/10/21.

This is utterly bizarre. So is Dak not throwing to Cooper...bizarre. Bizarre like Jerry Dumbo GM Jones bizarre.

Reaction score
Lots of morons in this thread.

For all RBs gaining 1000 yds in a season is THE standard. you want more of course but that is the minimum.

So it is meaningful and only fools and idiots cannot figure that out. Sadly lots of those here on the Zone.
1,000 yards was the standard when it was a 14 game season.

In a 17 game season, 1,300 should be the new standard. 1,000 yards in a 17 game season is not impressive at all

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meaningful or not.. he aint gittin it this week.. unless the Iggles entire defensive line is out with Covid. Then again maybe the coaching staff will show some appreciation for how he has gutted it out this season and give him the ball 30 times no matter what this week.. That would be fitting..
People that know football.....especially a pounding running game.....know a RB needs 20-25 carries. And the most yards come on the back end of that.

At ohio state and 2016....zeke would get 30-50 yards on 10 carries in the first half. 2nd half a 100 yards on the same 10-12 carries.
(I was about to post his NCAA NC stats in the final 4 games against the very best NCAA teams....but people don't want to hear pedigree facts....how a real RB works it)

We're not doing that and some blame zeke? It's asinine lunacy....all I can say is their hatred blinds them.....ignorance? Protecting Dak? (gotta blame SOMEONE!). Something is fouling their logic.

These same people tell us...sagely..."there's no throwing lanes". But magically there are running lanes? Please.

I am not talking about the "change of pace" back. He runs different plays than the grueling trencher.

I'm talking about the Emmitt Smiths and the Zeke Elliots and the Earl Campbells and the Jerome Bettis'.

Kellen Moore? "Well I tried running it up the middle three times and I got 6 yards...so...guess I better pass it 50 times here on out".

Not even Emmitt would survive that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Meaningful or not.. he aint gittin it this week.. unless the Iggles entire defensive line is out with Covid. Then again maybe the coaching staff will show some appreciation for how he has gutted it out this season and give him the ball 30 times no matter what this week.. That would be fitting..
Surprisingly, the Eagles have had some bad games vs the run this year…..to caught up chasing sacks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Zeke is still a fan favorite and sells a ton of jerseys for Jethro . And his contract is fully guaranteed thru 2022.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1,000 yards was the standard when it was a 14 game season.

In a 17 game season, 1,300 should be the new standard. 1,000 yards in a 17 game season is not impressive at all

The offenses are more sophisticated. There are more hi level guys that need the ball. It's more of a passing league now then ever, for most teams.

But hey...let's just choose ONE aspect (more games) and make the laws based on that.

Emmitt routinely put up 18-20 carries per game. With some of the very best O-line of his time. Only averaged around 4-4.3 a carry (4.7 was his best, I think). If we give zeke 20 carries a game....with an average to competent offense....he surely exceeds 1000.

Point being....these kinds of backs need carries. It's how it works. If we're too incompetent or too stupid to do it.....then okay...not impressive and we might as well dump him and use some other schlub to knock senseless 3-5 times a game.

slick325

Reaction score
No way my guy gets the requisite 85 yards. Even if they actually played starters the whole game. No RBs get enough carries to get a rhythm and the OL isn't exactly a group of World beaters.

As an aside, I hope Moore runs more outside the tackle plays, counters and plays that require this line to pull...they do that best due to being very athletic. They aren't going to maul anyone, so between the tackles and up the gut don't work.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
1000 yards in a 17 game season is nothing really.

Less than that is just pathetic for what they are paying Zeke.