Twitter: Zeke: 1,000 yards is meaningful to me

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Now how many fans have you talked to about this, let me guess.....0. A 1000 yards will always be a big deal for a all running backs, if you can;t figure that out, oh well.

There’s been discussions about it on the board this season. Most feel like I do that a 1000 yard season in a 17 game season isn’t that big a deal. An RB only has the average 59 yards a game to come up with 1000 yards in a 17 game season. You actually think 59 rushing yards per game is a good average?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Glad to see Zeke still has that desire.

Sadly, he very likely won't reach 1,000 rushing yards in a season once again, and that's with now an extra game added to each season.

The problem is our Oline and Oline Coach. Fix these two issues, Zeke, Pollard and any other lead future RB will get their 1,000 per season. Plus, this would greatly help Dak and our WRs with their passing attack.

It all starts up front with our Oline and they having the correct Oline Coach and assistants.

RaZon

Reaction score
There’s been discussions about it on the board this season. Most feel like I do that a 1000 yard season in a 17 game season isn’t that big a deal. An RB only has the average 59 yards a game to come up with 1000 yards in a 17 game season. You actually think 59 rushing yards per game is a good average?

You think playing every game isn't a major accomplishment in it's self? This is a running back nobody takes more of a beating.

The major thing Jonathan Taylor did was play every game. Where is Derrick Henry, oh yeah injured.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You think playing every game isn't a major accomplishment in it's self? This is a running back nobody takes more of a beating.

The major thing Jonathan Taylor did was play every game.

I asked you if you thought averaging 59 rushing yards per game is a good average for an RB? That’s all it takes to come up with 1000 yards in a 17 game season. Zeke doesn’t take the kind of beating he did now that he splits carries with Pollard. Zeke has only had 219 carries this season that’s a career low.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Most fans don’t think it’s a big deal. The reason there’s not that many 1000 yard rushers is because it’s a passing league and most RBs split carries. It’s pretty simple.

I'd be careful thinking that what you read on here is representative of what most fans think. This bunch is toxic as hell and would root against Santa Claus if he put on a Cowboys uniform and got a market value contract.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I asked you if you thought averaging 59 rushing yards per game is a good average for an RB? That’s all it takes to come up with 1000 yards in a 17 game season. Zeke doesn’t take the kind of beating he did now that he splits carries with Pollard

You think all those collisions with blitzers come without a price to his body? Maybe his legs have not had to work as hard (and have not been able to) but his upper body will be as sore this season as if he carried the rock 350 times..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd be careful thinking that what you read on here is representative of what most fans think. This bunch is toxic as hell and would root against Santa Claus if he put on a Cowboys uniform and got a market value contract.

A lot of fans come here and it provides a good barometer on what most fans think. I spend a lot of time on Twitter and see the same thing over there. I do a lot of social media. It’s pretty much the same everywhere.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
A lot of fans come here and it provides a good barometer on what most fans think. I spend a lot of time on Twitter and see the same thing over there. I do a lot of social media.

Say no more.. social media makes jerks out of a lot of people.. Let me rephrase that. It allows a lot of people to reveal what jerks they truly are without any real world consequences. A lot of what people say on social media would get them rewarded with a butt whuppin in real life.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You think all those collisions with blitzers come without a price to his body? Maybe his legs have not had to work as hard (and have not been able to) but his upper body will be as sore this season as if he carried the rock 350 times..

He’s clearly not a player he was but he’s only had 219 carries this season that’s a career low. He gets a lot of breathers. If the Cowboys could move on from him without taking a big cap hit he would be gone after this season. He’s not worth $15 million per season anymore.

RaZon

Reaction score
I asked you if you thought averaging 59 rushing yards per game is a good average for an RB? That’s all it takes to come up with 1000 yards in a 17 game season. Zeke doesn’t take the kind of beating he did now that he splits carries with Pollard. Zeke has only had 219 carries this season that’s a career low.

Actually that depends on his carries, 59 yards with 10 carries is great. 59 yards with 20 carries sucks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Say no more.. social media makes jerks out of a lot of people.. Let me rephrase that. It allows a lot of people to reveal what jerks they truly are without any real world consequences. A lot of what people say on social media would get them rewarded with a butt whuppin in real life.

Social media is a good barometer for how people are feeling. It may allow people to be jerks but it also allows them to give honest, candid opinions. What I see here I see on Twitter and everywhere else.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Actually that depends on his carries, 59 yards with 10 carries is great. 59 yards with 20 carries sucks.

He’s only averaging 57 yards a game. He’s averaged under 4 yards a carry in seven games this season. In four of his last five games he’s averaged under 4 yards a carry. I’m not putting it all on him the OL is a big part of the blame.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
A lot of fans come here and it provides a good barometer on what most fans think. I spend a lot of time on Twitter and see the same thing over there. I do a lot of social media. It’s pretty much the same everywhere.

By the way I think with the injury he played through over the last 11-12 games and how few carries he has been getting it IS a significant achievement for Zeke to be flirting with 1000 yards. He could very easily have sat out 3-4 games like some other guys (whose teams will be watching the playoffs on TV, Chubb, Cook, Kamara ) but who used that time off the heal up and come back refreshed and have prettier stats.. which they will take with them on their golf outings while Zeke is trying to help his team advance in the playoffs. I know a lot of people wanna hate on the guy.. but I appreciate toughness and sacrifice for the good of the team like he showed. Who is to say Dak doesn't get decapitated with Pollard and Clement watching his back if Zeke sits out 2 or 3 games? Then where is this team? If the coaches trusted either of those guys to protect the franchise QB they would have sat Zeke until he was 100% healthy. Clearly they don't.. so it is what it is..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
A standard is what OJ Simpson did in a 14 game season a thousand yards in a 17-game season is substandard in comparison

Fine don't call it a standard.. Call it a goal.. and he wants to hit it.. I don't see the problem.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
By the way I think with the injury he played through over the last 11-12 games and how few carries he has been getting it IS a significant achievement for Zeke to be flirting with 1000 yards. He could very easily have sat out 3-4 games like some other guys (whose teams will be watching the playoffs on TV, Chubb, Cook, Kamara ) but who used that time off the heal up and come back refreshed and have prettier stats.. which they will take with them on their golf outings while Zeke is trying to help his team advance in the playoffs. I know a lot of people wanna hate on the guy.. but I appreciate toughness and sacrifice for the good of the team like he showed. Who is to say Dak doesn't get decapitated with Pollard and Clement watching his back if Zeke sits out 2 or 3 games? Then where is this team? If the coaches trusted either of those guys to protect the franchise QB they would have sat Zeke until he was 100% healthy. Clearly they don't.. so it is what it is..

I think most fans will agree that Zeke is way over paid for the role he has and the amount of production he has. Not going to discuss it any further so save yourself a long reply.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think most fans will agree that Zeke is way over paid for the role he has and the amount of production he has. Not going to discuss it any further so save yourself a long reply.

I don't disagree.. I just don't blame Zeke for the shift in offensive philosophy AFTER he was re-signed. That's not his fault.. so the vitriol needs to be aimed elsewhere.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Fine don't call it a standard.. Call it a goal.. and he wants to hit it.. I don't see the problem.

Definitely no problem with having a goal just with them adding games to to the season it's not the lofty accomplishment it once was.