Twitter: Zeke: 1,000 yards is meaningful to me

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
There’s been discussions about it on the board this season. Most feel like I do that a 1000 yard season in a 17 game season isn’t that big a deal. An RB only has the average 59 yards a game to come up with 1000 yards in a 17 game season. You actually think 59 rushing yards per game is a good average?
Not a big deal, but only 5 RB's currently have 1K this season. Zeke might be the only one left with a chance to get to 1K. Harris and Gibson need 108 and 109, respectively, to get there. Only 2 RB's avg 100 yds per game. Taylor and Henry. I think Zeke is right there with the rest of the leaders. If he had been given say, 50 more carries over the course of the season (which is reasonable) he's be closing in on 1200 yds with his current average. He's had 5 games with 10 or less carries, which makes absolutely no sense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is his personal goal as hopefully all of the players have them.

I don”t care about yards from a QB, RB, WR or TE. It is all about 3rd down conversions and making plays to keep drives alive and those aren’t usually the stats discussed. Yards do not help teams, plays do.

I do not think Elliott is the back he was that last year of his rookie contract. I think something happened to him that season that facilitated that holdout.

That said, I do not see any quit in him. I think he is pushing a body 100% that hasn’t been 100% in 3 seasons.

Elliott’s style of running is not conducive to a long and consistent career.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
naw we need to throw more. stats need to get to that 6k like last year. oops, that was a pipe dream. my bad.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not a big deal, but only 5 RB's currently have 1K this season. Zeke might be the only one left with a chance to get to 1K. Harris and Gibson need 108 and 109, respectively, to get there. Only 2 RB's avg 100 yds per game. Taylor and Henry. I think Zeke is right there with the rest of the leaders. If he had been given say, 50 more carries over the course of the season (which is reasonable) he's be closing in on 1200 yds with his current average. He's had 5 games with 10 or less carries, which makes absolutely no sense.

There’s more 4000 yard passes than 1000 yard rushers. The game has changed.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Meaningful or not.. he aint gittin it this week.. unless the Iggles entire defensive line is out with Covid. Then again maybe the coaching staff will show some appreciation for how he has gutted it out this season and give him the ball 30 times no matter what this week.. That would be fitting..

To me, that would be ideal, especially with Pollard out.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He’ll need to up his game Saturday…but who knows…all he needs to do is break a big one…

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Probably ran for more than 1000 yards just this summer chasing after his attacking dogs.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I don't disagree.. I just don't blame Zeke for the shift in offensive philosophy AFTER he was re-signed. That's not his fault.. so the vitriol needs to be aimed elsewhere.

I'll tell anybody that will listen that the worst thing to happen to Zeke is Moore taking over for Linehan as OC.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Meaningful or not.. he aint gittin it this week.. unless the Iggles entire defensive line is out with Covid. Then again maybe the coaching staff will show some appreciation for how he has gutted it out this season and give him the ball 30 times no matter what this week.. That would be fitting..
Dallas should make sure this guy gets the 1,000. They need to pound the rock with zeke tomorrow if he is healthy. And fix the running game. Whatever it takes to establish that you can run the football. That’s what tomorrow should be about. IMO. It’s important going into the tournament.

Kwyn

Reaction score
That maybe nice, but for fan's we don't care about the standard. 1000 yards with a low YPC just means you're getting more opportunity, not that you're playing well.
It’s important to lots of fans and nfl observers, commentators, etc

DandyDon52

Reaction score
1000 yd seasons are just an example of football mentality.
WR want the 1000 yd season too.
1000 + looks better than say 995
Back when there were 10 or 12 games in a season it was a good goal and achievement .
when they went to 14 games guys still were heralded for a 1000 yd season,16 games same thing, now 17 still applauded.
at what point is the goal raised?

Right now a RB needs at least 1400-1500 yds to say they had a good season .

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
1000 yd seasons are just an example of football mentality.
WR want the 1000 yd season too.
1000 + looks better than say 995
Back when there were 10 or 12 games in a season it was a good goal and achievement .
when they went to 14 games guys still were heralded for a 1000 yd season,16 games same thing, now 17 still applauded.
at what point is the goal raised?

Right now a RB needs at least 1400-1500 yds to say they had a good season .
I’d say it depends on ypc. If a RB gets 1,000 yards on 200 carries, that is great. Get 1,000 yards on. 250 carries, not so much.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1000 yards in a 17 game season is nothing really.

Less than that is just pathetic for what they are paying Zeke.

My god!!! 15 million and he cant even get 1000 yards in a 17 game schedule?

That is pathetic. Averaging like 3 ypc over the last 9 games. Is there any mystery why the Cowboys offense has been up and down over that span?

Scotman

Reaction score
Those of you that never played can't appreciate this...

That's probably not a fair generalization. I've never played at any level. But I completely understand and appreciate what Zeke is saying. Plus, I can only imagine the backlash he'd get for answering that question any other way. The reporters love setting up players with these damned-if-do and damned-if-I-don't questions.