Zeke 3rd and short nobody is better!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but if that's all he offers you could get the exact same results w/ a much cheaper rook.
Not reliably with a long history.. And plus...the little fact that...well our cowboys execs didn't get a rook to do it. So stop with fool's gold wish list that never happened...dumb.

So please try as best as in your heart to cheer him on as a Dallas Cowboy,. Whatever you can muster up is appreciated.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last time I watched him was last year in DALL, and he was very slow to the hole and didn't break tackles. Are you telling me that changed in one year w/ NE?

Using cheap little monikers doesn't exactly cast a good light on the user!!!!!!!!
What "monikers" are you talking about. I don't even know what you mean.

So you admit you never looked at any 2023 zeke reels. Okay bye!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Except he's not. Do we wanna look at stats or eye test? You said it so PROVE it.

This is new I never took you for a hater (ksk...has) ...but you can set things right by showing me your data.
all I said was amen, i'm not doing your dirty work for ya, have at it buddy!!!:cool:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Zeke sing was a good deal

No idea why anyone would ***** about this

Nobody is better on short yardage, he is a bartering ram even now

No he won’t hit long runs, that’s not what we need him for
battering, but getting 1 yard is really not all that big a deal. I dont know how you can be perplexed at people not being excited about this signing. And we do need someone to hit long runs, that is hard to find, a fullback who can get a yard is a dime a dozen. Theres nothing to get excited ab out here unless you had his jersey or something

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
all I said was amen, i'm not doing your dirty work for ya, have at it buddy!!!:cool:
Okay so you won;t back up your co-signing the statement. Cool....i get it...I wouldn't want to either if I had your "opinion".

Have at it NOT showing what you mean. GOOD GUY! Outstanding dude.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Okay so you won;t back up your co-signing the statement. Cool....i get it...I wouldn't want to either if I had your "opinion".

Have at it NOT showing what you mean. GOOD GUY! Outstanding dude.
I hope you're having a good weekend

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
battering, but getting 1 yard is really not all that big a deal. I dont know how you can be perplexed at people not being excited about this signing. And we do need someone to hit long runs, that is hard to find, a fullback who can get a yard is a dime a dozen. Theres nothing to get excited ab out here unless you had his jersey or something
No one...is "excited". Not sure why you haters have to make up lies to justify your hate.

Can zeke contribute? Of course. Was THIS the signing that gets a super bowl?

Dude...you for real?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No one...is "excited". Not sure why you haters have to make up lies to justify your hate.

Can zeke contribute? Of course. Was THIS the signing that gets a super bowl?

Dude...you for real?
you're on a rampage trying to call people out, let it go man!! Easy!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you're having a good weekend
I am ...a great weekend. I successfully flushed my water heater...man I was scared on that one! I put new safety chains on my boat trailer. Watched a couple of my favorite Godzilla movies (Godzilal vs Meguirous rocks!). Church was nice this morning.

VERY hot here in FLA this weekend.

Hope you having good one too.

jay94

Reaction score
In every other situation he's the worst back in the league, glad we get the inches though.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Zeke had zero success against Dallas run defense last year and they are hot garbage. Zeke has lost his power and can't break a twix bar, let alone a tackle.

Horrible rb acquisition. He looks like a toy running on low battery. Zeke could not convert 4th and a dingaling.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think most any RB is better.

Last year, on 3rd and 1-3
Zeke 11 carries for 16 yards, 1.5ypc 5 1stD
Pollard 14 carries for 56 yards, 4.0ypc 11 1stD

Zeke didn't get a single carry on 4th down. Tells you what they thought of him as a short yardage back.
Zeke is done.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElliEz00/splits/2023/
I have to ask. Did you watch any of New England's games last season? Do you think their line was even remotely comparable to what the Cowboys trotted out with two hall of famers, a pro bowl caliber center and a pro bowl caliber LG? And who did the Pats have at QB again? Did teams have to worry even a little that the QB might play action and rise up and hit a seam route over top of the stacked box? New England's line was so bad that they ran on 4th down 7 times all season. Stevenson had 3 and each QB sneaked twice. Teams typically go for it on 4th down in favorable field position. The Patriots did not see a lot of favorable field position last season. The Pats did give Zeke the ball 11 times inside the 10 yard line. He scored 3 TDs on those and converted 1 other first down. That's a 27.7% TD rate down close. Our boy Pollard got THIRTY carries inside the 10 (more than Zeke had in either of his the last two seasons in Dallas) and turned that into 5 TDs and 3 others for first down for a 16.7% TD rate . I think that low success rate when it mattered most is probably why the Cowboys let TP walk and re-signed Zeke. This is especially telling when you factor in that Pollard played in the league's #1 offense with at least a top 10 o-line, a top 5 QB and a top 5 WR. While Zeke played with.. well .. you know. Zeke's success rate his last two seasons in Dallas were really good:

2022 11 of 26 10 and in carries turned into TDs (42.3%)
2021 7 of 17 in 2021 (41.2%)

You put that level of 10 and in production on the 2023 Cowboys and they win at least two more games. We all complained about the Cowboys' red zone struggles last season. Zeke fixes a lot of that. Not all, mind you but < 17% TD rate down close simply will not cut it.

Time will tell but I choose to believe the putrid numbers in New England were a product of just being on a bad team all around. But as I like to say.. we shall see.

Some will read this is a Zeke apologist hatin on Tony Pollard. That's their problem.. I love what Tony Pollard brings to the table and loved him in his role. I stated loudly that I did not think he was suited for the role they were about to cast him in with respect to replacing Zeke as the main back. I will leave to the forum to determine if I was right or wrong about that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Stevenson, ran behind that same oline and had 10 carries for for 33 yards and 8 first downs and he got the first down carries. I know its hard for you, @RonnieT24 , and @rambo2 to accept that Zeke is done, but yea he's done
You left out Stevenson didn't last a full 12 games behind that line. You also left out that most of Zeke's short yardage carries came in the 10 and in area. A lot more compressed area for the defense especially without any semblance of a passing attack to respect. Again.. watch the games not the stat sheets. Context matters. Stevenson is a quality back but his 3rd and short carries came with a lower degree of difficulty for the simple fact that the defense had more area and thus more offensive options to defend than Zeke's carries did.