Zeke 3rd and short nobody is better!

Chasing6

Reaction score

HungryLion

Reaction score
giphy.gif
True. Best short yardage RB in the league.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Yeah, Rico Dowdle is gonna wear them down and let Zeke mop up. Rico has put the league on notice.

rambo2

Reaction score

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I miss the good old days when the Cowboys overpaid at the position and everyone complained that they can find a decent running back anywhere for peanuts.

The season finally comes when they do exactly that and y'all are still not happy. I mean isn't this what you wanted? Ninth year Zeke, vet minimum Dowdle, and vet minimum Freeman is what you get when you don't want to pay.

plasticman

Reaction score
If you need three yards for a 1st down and give the ball to Zeke then he will get you three yards.

If you need four yards for a 1st down and give the ball to Zeke then he will get you three yards,

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Zeke has another year in him. He isn't done.
He's getting paid. He's going to be here another year.

But "done" is an evaluation of performance on the field, not performance in contract negotiations.

Looking at his numbers, Zeke has been done for the last 2 seasons. He even had a lighter load last year, and his ypc still went down. To 3.5ypc. Which is just an embarrassment.

Sort by ypc or success rate. Zeke is one of the worst.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/rushing.htm

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's getting paid. He's going to be here another year.

But "done" is an evaluation of performance on the field, not performance in contract negotiations.

Looking at his numbers, Zeke has been done for the last 2 seasons. He even had a lighter load last year, and his ypc still went down. To 3.5ypc. Which is just an embarrassment.

Sort by ypc or success rate. Zeke is one of the worst.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/rushing.htm
You need to look at yards before first contact. Zeke, I believe was at 2.0. McCaffrey was at 3.5.

OLine makes a difference. Also who played QB in NE. Was any defense threatened by the passing game?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If Zeke is / was so great, why did the Pats finish 4-13 and he ended up getting kicked to the curb?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just now clicked on this thread, because I just realized the title didn't mean, "Zeke should be the 3rd RB and Deuce (short nobody) is better."

:laugh:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How do you know what other teams want? People like you claimed that nobody wanted him last year.
Contract for 3mil last year.
That's totally disposable veteran bridge money. Nobody wanted him for legit starter money.
What's unfortunate for us is that even at 2mil here, we won't dispose of him even if some down roster RB turns out to be pretty good.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Zeke is / was so great, why did the Pats finish 4-13 and he ended up getting kicked to the curb?
Wow. Who said he was great. He had a bad line and no QB. How do you not understand that effects the running game?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not good on short yardage and he's not a battering ram. At this point in their careers, Luepke is a better RB, and he's not even a RB.
Looks like he still got some juice to me. But I'm not a hater either so...YMMV:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure I can find anyone saying he's "great". At best "useful". We're still gonna need other good RB's just like every other team.