Zeke Advanced Efficiency Stats

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Huh, then how did Barkley break so many records his rookie year behind the 29th ranked run blocking O line? The crap you spew is literally laughable. I don’t even know if you’re serious most of the time.

Exactly what records did Barkley break as a rookie?
1307 yards? Not even within 500 yards of the rookie record by Dickerson.. in fact not even in the top 10
721 receiving yards? Nope.. not a record.. Herschel himself had 837 receiving yards as a rookie..
2028 scrimmage yards.. also not a record.. Edge James had 2139 his rookie year..
11 rushing TDs? yeah.. not even top 10 all time..
Longest run? 78 yards... nope.. DeMarco Murray took one 91 yards as a rook.. and Herschel went 84 with one his rookie year.

So please.. go ahead and post all the "so many records" Barkley set his rookie year..

I'll wait..

khiladi

Reaction score
The guys that talk about Barkley, with his amazing trait of racking up NEGATIVE YARDAGE RUNS, while complaining about Zeke's yards after contact are hilarious. For every fifty yard runs by Barkley. he'll rack up 20 runs for negative yardage.

Even Tiki Barber was mentioning it this year, when he was destroyed before he got injured.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/202...nt-motivate-saquon-barkley-against-bears.html

https://247sports.com/Article/Saquo...rk-Giants-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions-151561662/

There are actually saying Barkley is over-rated, because their own RBs are now rushing over 100 yards a game:

https://nypost.com/2020/11/10/giants-have-done-the-unthinkable-without-saquon-barkley/

The Giants drafted him to force man coverage, which he wasn't even doing despite him "being the MVP":

https://www.nj.com/giants/2018/10/saquon_barkley_giants_need_to_see_soft_zone_covera.html

It goes back to college:

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017...ative-1st-half-rushing-yards-by-northwestern/

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017...ative-1st-half-rushing-yards-by-northwestern/

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's called hyperbole, which anybody with an ounce of common sense, who doesn't like to play grammar cop, because they get triggered when people don't like their boy as starting QB and actually deal with the substance of the argument understand. Linehan actually ran the ball and we actually won a play-off, but then he turned into the scape-goat and we had boy-wonder, whose only real difference was he decided to throw a lot more on first down, shotgun, with Zeke in the backfield, running play action. And all this led to was PAPR TIGER STATS. Teams started picking up on the trend and the power house that is Dak could only put u half his TDs against the garbage Commanders and Giants, with a far superior roster.

That's even Dak was making excuses why the offense struggling and he blamed everybody but himself, Zeke and Witten for not practicing hard.

Yippee!

Hyperbole
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

So this is what you want me to take from your comments? DONE!

aria

Reaction score
Exactly what records did Barkley break as a rookie?
1307 yards? Not even within 500 yards of the rookie record by Dickerson.. in fact not even in the top 10
721 receiving yards? Nope.. not a record.. Herschel himself had 837 receiving yards as a rookie..
2028 scrimmage yards.. also not a record.. Edge James had 2139 his rookie year..
11 rushing TDs? yeah.. not even top 10 all time..
Longest run? 78 yards... nope.. DeMarco Murray took one 91 yards as a rook.. and Herschel went 84 with one his rookie year.

So please.. go ahead and post all the "so many records" Barkley set his rookie year..

I'll wait..
Why am I not surprised? I’m sure you’ll have plenty of excuses...”I’ll wait”.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...ants-all-time-records--126177397/#126177397_1

khiladi

Reaction score
The same people sweating Saquon Barkley and his paper-tiger stats are usually the same people looking to defend Dak and his paper-tiger, meaningless stats, and throwing the blame on Zeke. Unlike Barkley, Zeke actually has been forcing man coverage ever since he's stepped into the league and it's why paper-tiger Dak and this 'air offense' relies so heavily on play-action.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Why am I not surprised? I’m sure you’ll have plenty of excuses...”I’ll wait”.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...ants-all-time-records--126177397/#126177397_1

So he broke Giants rookie records? Umm.. who cares? You didn't say "Giants rookie records" in your worship post. You tried to pass off your out of the rectum statement as gospel and got called on it. Get over it. But I see he did set ONE NFL record.. Most receptions for a rookie running back.. 91 catches.. So.. apparently in your world.. ONE is "so many?" Okay.. if that makes you happy run with it.. By the way, his ONE NFL record would have ZERO to do with his offensive line's ranking.. since one would conclude that the reason they threw it to him so much was because they couldn't run it consistently.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The same people sweating Saquon Barkley and his paper-tiger stats are usually the same people looking to defend Dak and his paper-tiger, meaningless stats, and throwing the blame on Zeke. Unlike Barkley, Zeke actually has been forcing man coverage ever since he's stepped into the league and it's why paper-tiger Dak and this 'air offense' relies so heavily on play-action.

nah I like Zeke, I as a reasonable fan understand our best team has them both on the field....you on the other hand apparently took an oath to defend Romo (not that he asked or needs it) and continually spew garbage about Dak..... hence your Hyperbole. Common sense would tell you Zeke wants Dak on the field...but hey you keep spewing.....even when people prove you wrong at every turn.

aria

Reaction score
So he broke Giants rookie records? Umm.. who cares? You didn't say "Giants rookie records" in your worship post. You tried to pass off your out of the rectum statement as gospel and got called on it. Get over it. But I see he did set ONE NFL record.. Most receptions for a rookie running back.. 91 catches.. So.. apparently in your world.. ONE is "so many?" Okay.. if that makes you happy run with it.. By the way, his ONE NFL record would have ZERO to do with his offensive line's ranking.. since one would conclude that the reason they threw it to him so much was because they couldn't run it consistently.
Why don’t you compare his stats to zeke’s rookie year? How many records has zeke broken behind a top 5 or 10 O line? If Barkley had anywhere close to the blocking zeke has had he would have destroyed zekes numbers, the same could be said for other running backs as well.

To quote you, you said “No back shines without blocking.. that's simply a universal truth.“

To repeat myself, Barkley was running behind one of the worst O lines in the league and broke several records so please tell me how the records I posted, Giants or otherwise, aren’t “shining” especially when he beat your boy zeke in several statistical categories.

“I’ll wait”

Sydla

Reaction score
That’s just a knee jerk reaction to one bad season. All around. IMO.

One season? Elliott hasn't been nearly the same TB for a few years compared to his rookie year when he was a home run threat, explosive, a real game changer. The last few years he's been a good TB, a between the tackles chains mover type, not the elite, game changing back that he showed as a rookie.

I think it's preposterous and a bad use of cap resources to eat up nearly $11 million this year and nearly $14 million in 2021 of cap space on a TB that really is nothing more than a between the tackles mauler.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is a good realistic post. People said his draft was a huge mistake. Then he went out and became rushing champ. Who knows what could have happened with a vet at QB instead of a rookie.

Only a few of those people admitted it wasn't that bad and I give HUGE credit to Starfan1. He was honest and sincere about it...then.

Now...after a huge contract...those same people are gloating, not understanding, in their penchant for gloats...how CLOSE it could have gone differently...from things beyond Zeke's control.

I get some didn't like the contract, I know I didn't (I wanted him signed but not for that and at the proper time)...and some can seem to FAIRLY dress down zeke. It's the personal assaults and blame game I don't get on with.

I hope you aren't saying people said it was a mistake to take Elliott because they thought he wouldn't be a good TB. People largely said it was a mistake because the TB position has been shown to be a fungible position where you can get quality run production with less of an investment.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Why don’t you compare his stats to zeke’s rookie year? How many records has zeke broken behind a top 5 or 10 O line? If Barkley had anywhere close to the blocking zeke has had he would have destroyed zekes numbers, the same could be said for other running backs as well.

To quote you, you said “No back shines without blocking.. that's simply a universal truth.“

To repeat myself, Barkley was running behind one of the worst O lines in the league and broke several records so please tell me how the records I posted, Giants or otherwise, aren’t “shining” especially when he beat your boy zeke in several statistical categories.

“I’ll wait”

Okay since you wanna play let's play..

Rookie season totals..

Zeke 322 carries.. Barkley 261 .. ADV Zeke 1-0
Zeke 1631 yards ( in 15 games) Barkley 1307 yards (in 16 games) ADV Zeke 2-0
Zeke 15 rushing TD Barkley 11 rushing TD ADV Zeke 3-0
Zeke 5.1 ypc Barkley 5.0 ypc ADV Zeke 4-0
Zeke 32 rec Barkley 91 rec ADV Barkley.. finally he wins one!! 4-1
Zeke 363 rec yards Barkley 721 rec yards.. ADV Barkley two!!! 4-2
Zeke 11.3 yards per catch Barkley 7.9 yards per catch.. ADV Zeke. oops.. 5-2
Zeke long run 60 Barkley long run 78 ADV Barkley 6-2
Zeke long rec 83 Barkley long rec 57 ADV Zeke.. 6-3
Zeke 95 first downs rushing Barkley 50 first downs rushing.. ADV Zeke 7-3

So of the 10 major categories pro-football-reference tracks, rookie Zeke was superior to rookie Barkley. But we should grade Barkley on a curve because his line was bad.. But if we say Zeke is not producing at the same rate he did as a rook now that his line is bad and we are trotting out hot garbage at QB. Yet no mention of Barkley's 1.8 ypc this year with Jones now as the full time starter. Or Barkley's 300 yard drop from season one to season two .. when coincidentally the Giants shifted from the veteran QB who at least commanded one eye from the defense to Jones whom defenses treated like he was... I dunno Andy Dalton?

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you aren't saying people said it was a mistake to take Elliott because they thought he wouldn't be a good TB. People largely said it was a mistake because the TB position has been shown to be a fungible position where you can get quality run production with less of an investment.

I am saying both. Of course "people" didn't think he has good enough. If that ain't you then it ain't you. I will say it again...I liked the pick for THAT TEAM at THE TIME. Not a lot in common with this years team.
The big contract...I don't like. But I am going to cheer on the team and all the players anyway...rather than continue to make nasty comments on the internet.

aria

Reaction score
Okay since you wanna play let's play..

Rookie season totals..

Zeke 322 carries.. Barkley 261 ..
what’s your point? you said “no back shines without blocking...that’s simply a universal truth.” How did Barkley do it with one of the worst O lines in the league? You constantly spew garbage and then avoid answering when people call you out on it.

I have no idea what you’re trying to prove by stating carries but I’ll play along.

Rookie season totals
zeke- 32 receptions
Barkley- 91 receptions

zeke- 1194 yards from scrimmage
barkley- 2028 yards from scrimmage

Cowboys O line run blocking ranking for zekes rookie year- 4th
Giants O line run blocking ranking for Barkleys rookie year -29th

RonnieT24

Reaction score
what’s your point? you said “no back shines without blocking...that’s simply a universal truth.” How did Barkley do it with one of the worst O lines in the league? You constantly spew garbage and then avoid answering when people call you out on it.

I have no idea what you’re trying to prove by stating carries but I’ll play along.

Rookie season totals
zeke- 32 receptions
Barkley- 91 receptions

zeke- 1194 yards from scrimmage
barkley- 2028 yards from scrimmage

Cowboys O line run blocking ranking for zekes rookie year- 4th
Giants O line run blocking ranking for Barkleys rookie year -29th

Nice try.. Zeke had 1994 yards from scrimmage.. Try to be accurate if you're going to try to pretend to be posting facts. It also bears stating that running backs who dance around losing yards negatively impact their line's run blocking ranking.. But you aint heah dat from me.. The fact that Zeke converted 91 of his 322 carries into first downs speaks volumes. He didn't dance trying to hit a home run all the time.. If the line gave him 3 yards he turned it into 5. He didn't think he could bounce it outside and turn it into 40.. And let's not even talk about the most important stat.. which is dubyas.. Rookie Zeke took a 4-12 team to 13-3.. Rookie Barkley took a 3-13 team to 5-11. If we were talking about baseball Zeke's WAR would dwarf Barkley's. Like I said.. dude has yet to play in his 10th career win in the NFL. Of course he won't get there this year.. Zeke on the other hand has already been a part of a winning streak of at least 10 games.. You favor highlights.. Keep 'em.. I favor winning football. I don't care if Zeke ever breaks another 50 yard run.. If he can consistently average above 4 ypc while showing up every Sunday, blocking for his QBs and catching 40-50 balls a season, he will be doing fine by me.

aria

Reaction score
Nice try.. Zeke had 1994 yards from scrimmage.. Try to be accurate if you're going to try to pretend to be posting facts. It also bears stating that running backs who dance around losing yards negatively impact their line's run blocking ranking.. But you aint heah dat from me.. The fact that Zeke converted 91 of his 322 carries into first downs speaks volumes. He didn't dance trying to hit a home run all the time.. If the line gave him 3 yards he turned it into 5. He didn't think he could bounce it outside and turn it into 40.. And let's not even talk about the most important stat.. which is dubyas.. Rookie Zeke took a 4-12 team to 13-3.. Rookie Barkley took a 3-13 team to 5-11. If we were talking about baseball Zeke's WAR would dwarf Barkley's. Like I said.. dude has yet to play in his 10th career win in the NFL. Of course he won't get there this year.. Zeke on the other hand has already been a part of a winning streak of at least 10 games.. You favor highlights.. Keep 'em.. I favor winning football. I don't care if Zeke ever breaks another 50 yard run.. If he can consistently average above 4 ypc while showing up every Sunday, blocking for his QBs and catching 40-50 balls a season, he will be doing fine by me.
Great! Thanks for pointing out a clear typo.

zeke can’t dance around because his elusiveness sucks, stop acting like him getting a couple extra yards is some great quality. There are several times when he plows into a defender for 2-3 yards whereas had he made them miss he could have got an extra 10-15 yards (assuming he didn’t run out of breath first). Of course he didn’t think he could bounce outside for 40 yards because he knew he didn’t have the speed or elusiveness to be able to do it even if he wanted to. zeke isn’t even good in short yardage situations and there are stats that back it up.

Lol, so you think zeke would have single handily carried the Giants to more wins than Barkley? Why the hell isn’t he doing it this year? Why weren’t they better than 8-8 last year? You talk out of both sides of your mouth. Showing up every Sunday? That may be the biggest joke of all, has even showed up one Sunday this year? I know he’s helped the other teams win by fumbling and tripping over his own ego in the end zone for a safety. If you want a blocker and someone who can get 2-3 “extra” yards you can get a FB for a fraction of the price and get the same production as this overpaid, over rated diva.

jnday

Reaction score
I don't remember the last time Zeke had a run of 20+ yards. He can get you 3-4 yards with consistency but he is no longer a homerun threat. A poor decision by management to commit so many financial resources to a RB. I always wondered how a team with so many deficiencies as the Cowboys would invest a top 5 pick on a RB and then doubles down by dumping a bunch of cash on an extension. This franchise is not bad by coincidence, is all systematic.
I have to admit, I defended Zeke for a long time, but it is obvious at this point in his career that he is not the elite RB that he was early in his career. He signed the big contract and became a good RB instead of an elite RB. He doesn’t have the speed , the ability to make defenders miss, big play ability, etc that he displayed his first three years. Dallas didn’t make a mistake drafting him, but they made a mistake giving him such a big second contract. Personally, I can’t defend his level of play any longer.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have to admit, I defended Zeke for a long time, but it is obvious at this point in his career that he is not the elite RB that he was early in his career. He signed the big contract and became a good RB instead of an elite RB. He doesn’t have the speed , the ability to make defenders miss, big play ability, etc that he displayed his first three years. Dallas didn’t make a mistake drafting him, but they made a mistake giving him such a big second contract. Personally, I can’t defend his level of play any longer.

The mistake is thinking this level of play needs to be defended. No one is happy with this.. Well people who want desperately to be "right" about him might be but actual Cowboys fans absolutely do NOT want this to be Zeke for the rest of this season or for his contract. Because Zeke playing this poorly is bad for the team we all purport to love. I believe he can get back close to his normal level of production when Dak comes back and the line gets healthier. Neither of those is going to happen this year so this year is probably a season long L for him. We'll see what happens next year.. As has been pointed out several times before Dak went down he was putting up about 75 yards a game and over 4 yards per carry despite rarely getting the ball in the second half of games. Not all pro material but as long as the defense is going to be giving up 35 a game that's pretty much going to be his fate. None of those nice 4th quarter carries after the defense is worn down that we've all come to know and love. I miss those carries when DBs are making business decisions when he gets to the second level. Zeke has built his approach in games with those carries in mind.. Clearly he needs to adjust his thinking..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Great! Thanks for pointing out a clear typo.

zeke can’t dance around because his elusiveness sucks, stop acting like him getting a couple extra yards is some great quality. There are several times when he plows into a defender for 2-3 yards whereas had he made them miss he could have got an extra 10-15 yards (assuming he didn’t run out of breath first). Of course he didn’t think he could bounce outside for 40 yards because he knew he didn’t have the speed or elusiveness to be able to do it even if he wanted to. zeke isn’t even good in short yardage situations and there are stats that back it up.

Lol, so you think zeke would have single handily carried the Giants to more wins than Barkley? Why the hell isn’t he doing it this year? Why weren’t they better than 8-8 last year? You talk out of both sides of your mouth. Showing up every Sunday? That may be the biggest joke of all, has even showed up one Sunday this year? I know he’s helped the other teams win by fumbling and tripping over his own ego in the end zone for a safety. If you want a blocker and someone who can get 2-3 “extra” yards you can get a FB for a fraction of the price and get the same production as this overpaid, over rated diva.

Blah blah blah.. 91 first downs vs 50 first downs.. 13-3 vs 5-11... Coincidence.. I think not.. All that speed and elusiveness and dancing around really worked out well for Barkley didn't it?

I have never once touted any football player as having single handedly done anything ... Every player, regardless of how good he is, is only 1 of 11 on the field at any given time. The Giants "improved" from 5-11 Barkley's rookie year to 4-12 his second year.. Halelujah! They look like they may be able to match or exceed that this year.. without him. Wonder if they will move on from him next year too..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The fact that Ewok is averaging 5.8 receptions per game (would be a career-high) and 68.3 rush yards per game (would be a career-low) might mean that McCarthy isn't going to feed Ewok's appetite for carries.

So, if you're not going to use him to the fullest, why not deal him before a full season's worth of declining production lowers his value?!