Zeke and Barkley, has he regressed?

Nexx

Reaction score
To be fair to the Oline... We are super predictable and teams are overloading the box.

That’s why the zone read is so effective.

Agreed, i love how the casual fan cant put two and two together. The Oline is far from trash.

John813

Reaction score
I don't think the offensive line is even average at this point.

The other thing is the Giants seemed to be constantly run-blitzing which shut down the running game.

Yup.

Outside of Martin being Martin and Looney being serviceable to decent the rest of the line isn't holding up their end of the bargain.

We are not in 2016 where our line could just dominate the LOS(outside of the Giants/Vikings games)

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Zeke have shown to be a slow starter in every year and it seems like he gets into the groove at around the 3rd game. I think it is because of the lack of preseason games.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup.

Outside of Martin being Martin and Looney being serviceable to decent the rest of the line isn't holding up their end of the bargain.

Exactly right.

The big problem with the offense at this point isn't Dak or Zeke or the WR's (the TE's... Who knows? LOL), but the offensive line.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
25 touches to 23 for Zeke.

He got his touches, but I agree, he isn't very impressive. I don't see that gear he had his rookie year and I didn't see it at all last year.

This is concerning to me.

This is ridiculous

Nexx

Reaction score
Zeke was good last night man.

That’s the point.

Agreed, the made plays that only elite backs can make. Its the little things like making a few yards out of a play that should have lost 3. Go back and look at Emmitt's stats. The didnt run for 150 yards every game. But what he did do was maximize every run to the best of his abilities.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Zeke will be fine.

I do personally hate that we run plays that go wide on short yardage. Absolutely stupid. Let Zeke go north and south.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I believe most of you are over looking the sarcasm the OP was pushing for. What he is saying, with Dak, all we hear is he has regressed, throw the bum out and get a new QB, but with the RB not a single work spoken about "regressing". And yet I read excuse after excuse for why he isn't breaking away on 20+ runs... and yet, the QB, who play's behind that same line of excuse's is thrashed to death and never given the same reasons for his "regression". At least, that's what I took from the post.
:hammer:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Gee, Barkley had 27 yards and Zeke nearly 80 ... Look at the yards per carry ... he is well over 4 for the season ... maybe if the coaches handed him the ball 25 times a game, the yards would there.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We need to draft a TE in the first round ... not an RB ... our TE play is worse than I could ever imagine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Two underwhelming games by Zeke. I don't see anyone talking about how he has regressed or that we need to go get a RB in the first round next year.

You can see with Barkely that they are making the effort to design the entire offense around him. When you use a top 5 pick on a RB, that's exactly what you better do. Not much running lanes, but he caught 13 passes yesterday in an effort to do whatever they could to get the kid involved.

With Zeke all I really see is runs up the middle with no creativity. A couple passes here and there.
:facepalm::popcorn:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Outrageous thread!

Zeke has not regressed and what's so interesting is that Barkley is being talked about like he had the better game.

Under 3 yards a carry. Zeke can make defender's miss but he can run right over them too. Believe me, Barkley does not run through tackles like Zeke. Barkleys good but Zeke is probably the best pure running back in football. Watch in the coming weeks.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Two underwhelming games by Zeke. I don't see anyone talking about how he has regressed or that we need to go get a RB in the first round next year.

You can see with Barkely that they are making the effort to design the entire offense around him. When you use a top 5 pick on a RB, that's exactly what you better do. Not much running lanes, but he caught 13 passes yesterday in an effort to do whatever they could to get the kid involved.

With Zeke all I really see is runs up the middle with no creativity. A couple passes here and there.
Has Zeke regressed?
No

Did you see the game? lol

Last edited: