Zeke and Barkley, has he regressed?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Elliot is the least of this teams problems ...

Barkley may have all the moves, but Zeke was the far more useful back ... That 8-minute 4th quarter drive, you do realize by Zeke pounding the rock at the Giants D for 3 quarters did contribute just a little to that 4th quarter drive. I do not see Barkley wearing down defenses the way Zeke can...

We will have to disagree there.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
I put issues in the run game on the current oline. Not Zeke. There isn't much Zeke can do if the openings aren't there.
It's hard two run against a stacked box every game. When every one and there mama knows your running it. Barkley only had 28 yards is it him or the O-line ?

Lutonio

Reaction score
We watched two different games regarding Barkley. What I saw was them begrudgingly settle for checkdowns and flares to him because the pass rush was too fast for downfield stuff to develop--not an offense designed around him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have freaking Looney and a Rookie on the Inside and a regressing Tyron Smith and you want to blame Zeke. Add to that two of the best Run Defenses in the League we played so far.

Zeke is just fine. He still has the Vision and the Playmaking Ability to get Yards without space. The only think they Need to do is add him more into the passing game.

So far Barkley didnt impress me. He had what? 28 Yards on the Ground yesterday. Without that 65 Yard TD Run in Game 1 he didnt do anything there either.

He will be a great back but its not like Zeke has to hide behind this guy.

NO you nailed it. And I would say the same things to people claiming Dak has regressed. I think Barkley looked amazing. Hard to see it though if your not watching. But he will never put up big numbers behind that Oline.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Two underwhelming games by Zeke. I don't see anyone talking about how he has regressed or that we need to go get a RB in the first round next year.

You can see with Barkely that they are making the effort to design the entire offense around him. When you use a top 5 pick on a RB, that's exactly what you better do. Not much running lanes, but he caught 13 passes yesterday in an effort to do whatever they could to get the kid involved.

With Zeke all I really see is runs up the middle with no creativity. A couple passes here and there.

THANX YOU! We get thousands of Dak bash threads, and rarely do we see Zeke threads. I have been saying this over and over. Zeke all he does is go up the middle and get stuffed. No creativity as you said.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
THANX YOU! We get thousands of Dak bash threads, and rarely do we see Zeke threads. I have been saying this over and over. Zeke all he does is go up the middle and get stuffed. No creativity as you said.
We hear about Dak not getting 200 yards, nothing about Zeke failing to get 100 yards. :laugh:

Ken

Reaction score
Its the Oline. I guess that was my point of this whole thread. Its why Dak has seemed to regress and why Zeke also. The Oline play is spotty at best. However there are plenty of things that Dak needs to work on wheres Zeke just doesn't have the running lanes.
I just go back to his one whole he hit to the left for a good gain. A guy like Gurly turns that corner and keeps going...Zeke his rookie year, the same. He got caught by Collins, who had a slight angle but he should outrun him.

Just concerned.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Barkley caught all those passes because our secondary threw a blanket on OBJ and Shepard. Plus Eli was taking a beating and was looking to get the ball out of his hands ASAP.

Yes, and that's what a proper defence does. It beats the QB to a pulp, so he has to look for the quickest way to get the ball out. As our defence gets better practiced at getting to the QB, I reckon our defences will be putting some points of their own on the board before long. Matt Stafford is coming up in 2 weeks, and he's a bit wild with the ball when getting pasted like we did to Eli. I expect us to see some defencive TDs that game.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Man is averaging 4.6 yards a carry vs 8 man fronts.....

Barry sanders started a season with 15 carries for 33 yards and 10 carries for 20 yards and then proceeded to finish that same season with over 2000 yards

Not saying zeke is going to do that
but the man is doing his job

So you're saying he's going 3,000, eh?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I just go back to his one whole he hit to the left for a good gain. A guy like Gurly turns that corner and keeps going...Zeke his rookie year, the same. He got caught by Collins, who had a slight angle but he should outrun him.

Just concerned.

I saw Zeke miss a few cuts last night. He is rusty. But overall it was 3rd and long all night. 2 and 9, then 3rd and 9.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, and that's what a proper defence does. It beats the QB to a pulp, so he has to look for the quickest way to get the ball out. As our defence gets better practiced at getting to the QB, I reckon our defences will be putting some points of their own on the board before long. Matt Stafford is coming up in 2 weeks, and he's a bit wild with the ball when getting pasted like we did to Eli. I expect us to see some defencive TDs that game.

That passing offense is much more powerful then the two we have faced. And Stafford is a much better QB then Eli or Cam in the passing game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That passing offense is much more powerful then the two we have faced. And Stafford is a much better QB then Eli or Cam in the passing game.

Yes, IF Stafford is well protected. If we're able to batter him like the Jets did, we can really have a fun little skirmish with them.

Hardline

Reaction score
Until Dak and the receivers turn into Air Coryell, Defenses will focus on taking out Zeke.

HanD

Reaction score
Elliot is the least of this teams problems ...

Barkley may have all the moves, but Zeke was the far more useful back ... That 8-minute 4th quarter drive, you do realize by Zeke pounding the rock at the Giants D for 3 quarters did contribute just a little to that 4th quarter drive. I do not see Barkley wearing down defenses the way Zeke can...

saquon is a talent. very nimble and shifty and quick feet. good hands but bounces outside too much. IMO, he can't get the tough yards like zeke can when there is nothing there. can't fall forward every time and grind the clock. hasn't shown that he can yet imo. similar to barry vs emmitt in the past.