Zeke and Pollard

Cmac

Reaction score
He didn’t break anything, two ran into each other and the other overshot his angle. If you want to live in an imaginary delusional land of unicorns spreading fairy dust sprinkles where Pollard is better than Zeke that’s your prerogative. Zeke is going to be here pumping out 1000 yard seasons at least to 2023, which will also be the last year Pollard plays and will be on some other team that made the mistake of signing him as a FA!

Pollard on the way to the Pro Bowl....wow! I feel bad for the mounting pressure on him, and KMoore the genius.
old+man+laughing.JPG

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He didn’t break anything, two ran into each other and the other overshot his angle. If you want to live in an imaginary delusional land of unicorns spreading fairy dust sprinkles where Pollard is better than Zeke that’s your prerogative. Zeke is going to be here pumping out 1000 yard seasons at least to 2023, which will also be the last year Pollard plays and will be on some other team that made the mistake of signing him as a FA!

Cant hit what you cant catch!!! 2023? LOL...........keep dreaming. Why would you want the slow and plodding Zeke running the ball anyway? The guy is done. And at 15 million per year to do what Pollard can do better for 500k Zeke is doing nothing but hurting this team. The women beating, drunken punk needs to go.

You probably have one more year if your lucky with Zeke and I would think we will see more and more of Pollard.

When the Oline gets healthy and they are opening up more holes, who do you think is going to do more damage? Pollard and there is no doubt about it.

Little Jr

Reaction score
And the difference. Teams are still game planning to stop Zeke and are stacking the box so as to not let him beat them. Teams are focusing on playing coverage vs Pollard. A ******** cross eyed monkey could figure that out. 25 years later people are still duped by the Hambrick effect!
You still saying this and spreading false narratives?

Zeke Stacked boxes 2019
19.27%(27th most in the NFL)

Pollard is facing a higher % of stacked boxes this year than Zeke.
Zeke-22.27%(25th most in the NFL)
Pollard-22.99(22nd most in the NFL)

Last 2 games
VS the Bengals Pollard faced 45.45% stacked boxes to Zekes 25%.
Vs the Niners Pollard faced 33.33% stacked boxes.

Stacked boxes has more to do with personnel grouping and alignment than they do with the individual RB

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
lol at all the who is better,, there is a lot more to be considered than just physical talent.
I have been labeled in this forum as a Zeke hater and that is just simply not true, very shallow observation by those that dont pay attention.
Simple facts are that we have two very talented RBs on this roster, only difference is one makes franchise money and the other out performs on rook contract.
For those that have been paying attention and following, that should tell you all you need to know if your FO is paying attention and drafting every other year accordingly.
The term franchise RB needs to be forgotten, if you are actually going to get serious about building in this era, RB contract should be minimal status.

Last edited:

exciter

Reaction score
You still saying this and spreading false narratives?

Zeke Stacked boxes 2019
19.27%(27th most in the NFL)

Pollard is facing a higher % of stacked boxes this year than Zeke.
Zeke-22.27%(25th most in the NFL)
Pollard-22.99(22nd most in the NFL)

Last 2 games
VS the Bengals Pollard faced 45.45% stacked boxes to Zekes 25%.
Vs the Niners Pollard faced 33.33% stacked boxes.

Stacked boxes has more to do with personnel grouping and alignment than they do with the individual RB
Lol!

exciter

Reaction score
Cant hit what you cant catch!!! 2023? LOL...........keep dreaming. Why would you want the slow and plodding Zeke running the ball anyway? The guy is done. And at 15 million per year to do what Pollard can do better for 500k Zeke is doing nothing but hurting this team. The women beating, drunken punk needs to go.

You probably have one more year if your lucky with Zeke and I would think we will see more and more of Pollard.

When the Oline gets healthy and they are opening up more holes, who do you think is going to do more damage? Pollard and there is no doubt about it.
Lol! Crayons! Stop eating the crayons!

Big_D

Reaction score
SF gave up 10 rushing TDs on the season. 2 of those to Pollard. Sure no big deal but the "star" RB hasn't scored in 8 games. Has the most carries in the NFL inside the 5 and still pure garbage! This team will be better off when he's finally gone.

Reactions: CWR

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
So why aren't you an NFL scout then, since you have Zeke's future figured out. :rolleyes:

You have an emotional attachment and are in denial. One of the issues with fans like you is that when the team goes through a dry spell of not having a talent at the position since the great one, you are scared to let that talent go in fear that we may never find gold there ever again.

You are even willing to hide behind the bad just to keep the position relevant. You like that we are the team around the league that can say we have "zeke" at RB. "ZEKE AND THE COWBOYS". Well it's not working. And like I said, the cowboys should move on.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You have an emotional attachment and are in denial. One of the issues with fans like you is that when the team goes through a dry spell of not having a talent at the position since the great one, you are scared to let that talent go in fear that we may never find gold there ever again.

You are even willing to hide behind the bad just to keep the position relevant. You like that we are the team around the league that can say we have "zeke" at RB. "ZEKE AND THE COWBOYS". Well it's not working. And like I said, the cowboys should move on.

People are emotionally invested in wanting Zeke to be the next great Cowboys running back. They want that lineage to continue.

It’s a new era but they’re still hanging on.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
People are emotionally invested in wanting Zeke to be the next great Cowboys running back. They want that lineage to continue.

I feel RBs like emmitt were built like ole skool muscle cars. RBs today are all fiber glass, damage after the first body chip.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

I am one of those people. We already made the investment, so I would like to get the return on it. I just don’t act like he either is producing at a high level, or it’s not his fault he isn’t producing at the level he should be.

He needs to be better. Hopefully this season is a wake up call for him, but I doubt it. I was hoping the last offseason was a wake up call for him when he wanted people to put some respect on his name, but clearly it wasn’t.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

and you are wrong

Thomas82

Reaction score
Says to be McCarthy is continuing his not using the running game much, that's his history at GB. And Moore isn't able to override MM..

So even if Zeke isn't here, Pollard isn't going to do much if any better...

To me, this is the problem. They gave Zeke that big contract and then brought in an OC and head coach that don't use him enough or correctly.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I am one of those people. We already made the investment, so I would like to get the return on it. I just don’t act like he either is producing at a high level, or it’s not his fault he isn’t producing at the level he should be.

He needs to be better. Hopefully this season is a wake up call for him, but I doubt it. I was hoping the last offseason was a wake up call for him when he wanted people to put some respect on his name, but clearly it wasn’t.

My criticism of Zeke is purely football (just like it is with Jaylon).

My issue with Zeke is he’s not special with the ball in his hands which is criteria #1 for any supposed elite running back.

He’s transformed into a power back that needs the stars to align in order for him to be productive (i.e. team has to be in the lead, offensive line has to be completely healthy, he needs to be given volume, et cetera).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard had one good run today and you annoint him? Sad!

And I'm not your buddy, guy.
Zeke has been a great mentor and tutor for Pollard!!!
Thank you Zeke!!! :muttley:

Pollard had 5.75 Yards/Carry. That is more than Zeke's YPC for any game this season...

Pollard had 2 rushing TDs. Zeke has only had 2 rushing TDs in 1 game this season.

Pollard had more rushing yards then Zeke has had in the majority of games this season (Zeke has 8 games with less and 5 game with more).

Zeke only had 1 game this season with more receiving yards than Pollard had in this game.

Pollard had zero fumbles in this game. Zeke had major fumbling problems this season.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard had 5.75 Yards/Carry. That is more than Zeke's YPC for any game this season...

Pollard had 2 rushing TDs. Zeke has only had 2 rushing TDs in 1 game this season.

Pollard had more rushing yards then Zeke has had in the majority of games this season (Zeke has 8 games with less and 5 game with more).

Zeke only had 1 game this season with more receiving yards than Pollard had in this game.

Pollard had zero fumbles in this game. Zeke had major fumbling problems this season.
Clint Longley had a great game once......

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score

So?