Zeke as the 1?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think the goal is to have Zeke enter the season with as little wear and tear on his body as possible. I'm hopeful they keep him around 15 touches per game to keep him fresh all year too.

I think with a less is more approach Zeke will be fine. Nothing special at this point, but fine. Playing him in preseason is just a waste of everyones time. We know he is making the roster. We know what he can do. The guy is entering his 9th year in the league, he knows how to get his body ready. We knew he was being handed the #1 spot the second he signed in Dallas.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think the goal is to have Zeke enter the season with as little wear and tear on his body as possible. I'm hopeful they keep him around 15 touches per game to keep him fresh all year too.

I think with a less is more approach Zeke will be fine. Nothing special at this point, but fine. Playing him in preseason is just a waste of everyones time. We know he is making the roster. We know what he can do. The guy is entering his 9th year in the league, he knows how to get his body ready. We knew he was being handed the #1 spot the second he signed in Dallas.
I’m thinking more
Like 5-8. Only short yardage or goal line

Jipper

Reaction score

yup....he has a role and thats what he is here for - 3rd and short, goal to to and short, blocking back situation....hes going to be in and out depending on the needs of the play calling

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why is Zeke not playing in pre season? Are they really gonna just hand him the #1 RB spot? I don't think he brings anything the other RBs bring, besides possibly pass protection. Am I looking at this wrong?
Because there's no reason to run a veteran's wheels off when you're trying to look at a bunch of other running backs that's why why we gotta mock people and even if he's named the number one does not mean he's gonna get more snaps and more opportunities than the rest most veterans with his kind of history especially here he's back on his original team he's had a great NFL career he could be named one doesn't mean that's how they're gonna utilize him they're not gonna overfeed zeke.

But can we stop the nonsense he does not need snaps the dudes wheels have been ran off since college veterans get this kind of break like tyron Smith and lately we see other guys doing it so it's OK for lamb to hold out and not see any training camp but Elliot not in preseason is is triggering some of you like you you all are damn ridiculous!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score

The fact that the original poster took his time to have to make a post like this just shows you how clueless and delusional this fan base is and how zeke still has some haters out there that don't appreciate his damn career the man's had a great career.. And your post is exactly on point there's no reason to put him in preseason I don't get it like all the hate how about we hate on land for holding out even though he's got a $17 million deal on the table have been offered 33 million hasn't seen a single practice nothing in training camp hasn't even shown up and yet we're gonna pick on zeke for just simply not playing in the preseason..LMASO!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's going to be RB by committee, who the "#1" is on paper has no real significance.
I agree to an extent. It will be a committee but I do think starting the season Zeke will get 60-70 percent of the snaps. They are going to treat him like he’s the lead back.

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
He’s your best back and preseason won’t make him better. What’s the point?
Yeah I don't understand the post at all I don't think when he hit send he was thinking he should just delete this now because it's hard to be a bad post among a lot of other bad posts that are like overreactions this has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen that he has no idea why they're protecting a guy with all that mileage on him? Even if he's named the number one back and gets the first series of every game I don't believe they're gonna load him up this year and overuse him there'll be a lot of carries split up between him Rico and whoever else they decide to do running back by committee but there is no way they're gonna be giving him more than 10-12 carries a game unless he's just hot. He should be looked at as a fullback this year who does short yardage goal line a lot of blocking and yes he can move the chains and occasionally he's gonna give you a nice run or a nice catch and run but no way shape or form just cause your name #1 when you're running back by committee that doesn't mean anything it just means they respect his game enough and they trust him enough that they're just gonna name him the starting back that doesn't mean he's back to being zeke again they will not feed zeke no matter how many times he does the sign and I hope he gives that up completely... Please zeke, no more spoon feed me..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is Zeke not playing in pre season? Are they really gonna just hand him the #1 RB spot? I don't think he brings anything the other RBs bring, besides possibly pass protection. Am I looking at this wrong?
Knack to help us score in the red zone is all the other I can think of, otherwise, he's the slowest starting RB in the league

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You're giving him toooo much credit, 15 touches??? What's that 15 rushes for 23 yards? He needs not 15 touches, but 1-5 touches!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully ....... every one else are just jags or change of pace backs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd love to have a better option, but who else on this roster is taking significant touches from Zeke?
Lord I wish Deuce was 4 inches taller 20+lbs heavier, I would say him!! We shouldn't have to ask ourselves this though as there were better options out there (draft) that we could have looked into, we just went with what we were comfortable with