Zeke as the 1?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I realize Ezekiel elliott's kinda washed and older the dude should be you've seen his college career back-to-back 1800 yard seasons literally ran his wheels off the first four to five years here just because he was overpaid people are hating on one of the best backs in the NFL to come out of college had one of the best rookie years with top five all time he still has the credentials and the stats to be compared with like a Terrell Davis even if he wasn't on a Super Bowl team he can't help that..

But you go look at a guy who's force fed and is a starter over there for Pittsburgh cause some people here think is good and I think the Jag this literally career his first three years in the NFL are like Ezekiel elliott's last three I mean yeah Najee Harris is overrated he's just a guy who could carry the ball 3 yards at a time and they just feed it to him all game they have one of the worst run games in the league and he was mentioned that some with one we should trade for I think he's not better than Rico or zeke at this point I realize he's younger and healthier that he could take a beating but he's not gonna be any better..imho
later today
but there's a lot of big backs in the league in the history of the league like Eddie George back in day averaging 4 YPC were there best years most were 3.5 -3.8 so let's chill on the zeke hate.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Should be handing him his walking papers
I realize Ezekiel elliott's kinda washed and older the dude should be you've seen his college career back-to-back 1800 yard seasons literally ran his wheels off the first four to five years here just because he was overpaid people are hating on one of the best backs in the NFL to come out of college had one of the best rookie years with top five all time he still has the credentials and the stats to be compared with like a Terrell Davis even if he wasn't on a Super Bowl team he can't help that..

But you go look at a guy who's force fed and is a starter over there for Pittsburgh cause some people here think is good and I think the Jag this literally career his first three years in the NFL are like Ezekiel elliott's last three I mean yeah Najee Harris is overrated he's just a guy who could carry the ball 3 yards at a time and they just feed it to him all game they have one of the worst run games in the league and he was mentioned that some with one we should trade for I think he's not better than Rico or zeke at this point I realize he's younger and healthier that he could take a beating but he's not gonna be any better..imho
later today
but there's a lot of big backs in the league in the history of the league like Eddie George back in day averaging 4 YPC were there best years most were 3.5 -3.8 so let's chill on the zeke hate.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The fact that the original poster took his time to have to make a post like this just shows you how clueless and delusional this fan base is and how zeke still has some haters out there that don't appreciate his damn career the man's had a great career.. And your post is exactly on point there's no reason to put him in preseason I don't get it like all the hate how about we hate on land for holding out even though he's got a $17 million deal on the table have been offered 33 million hasn't seen a single practice nothing in training camp hasn't even shown up and yet we're gonna pick on zeke for just simply not playing in the preseason..LMASO!
What does his career mean for him today exactly? He gets an automatic pass even though he's probably the 3rd or 4th best option? Lmao ok. He was the 3rd back in New England, no one else wanted him yet he comes here and gets an automatic roster spot. You seriously don't see a problem with that? Yeah let's compare Zeke to a WR who's top 3 in his position and is entering his prime.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What does his career mean for him today exactly? He gets an automatic pass even though he's probably the 3rd or 4th best option? Lmao ok. He was the 3rd back in New England, no one else wanted him yet he comes here and gets an automatic roster spot. You seriously don't see a problem with that? Yeah let's compare Zeke to a WR who's top 3 in his position and is entering his prime.
And what does you trying to be the GM and trying to be nostradamus on how you think they're gonna utilize our running backs and how good or bad our running game is gonna be this year how about you just give it a break... So now how about I'm telling you your post is ridiculous you should have never posted it and I'm moving on because you're wasting my time on something that's unimportant because you have no control over it and Ezekiel Elliott even in this washed up years has been pretty much as good as naji Harris except for the health I mean look at Najee Harris starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers isn't doing anything more than being healthy and carrying the rock more but his yards per carry his touchdowns all that crap no better than zeke..

NEXT

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dude go build you a fantasy football team with whoever you want go play Madden and choose whoever you want but this post was ridiculous as soon as you hit post reply and I'm gonna tell you that two or three times until you just go away you're wrong doesn't you don't play a veteran like zeke and preseason and they're probably gonna use him about 11:50 carries a game and that's OK because as running back we have a good enough rotation to do running back by committee and until further notice and proof of it not working it's time to move on your post was insanely off..

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

later today
Back in the day has no bearing on today, I said it at the time, you don't pay Zeke or any running backs long term deals in todays NFL, you use them, and then go draft another one, the league has changed from back in the day.....use a back on his rookie deal, franchise him for a year and then go get another one. Didn't Zeke averaged 2.7 yards the last five game in New England, he has no burst to hit the hole, and the fact that he counts against the cap still and then you sign him back make ZERO sense...Dowdle, Freeman, and Deuce have faired better, they're younger, cheaper and faster than Zeke....Pollard was held back because this organization stuck with Zeke and his contract far too long.....I loved Witten but I thought and said it at the time it was ridiculous to bring him back a year after he retired...

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Do you really look at this depth chart and think Zeke is the 3rd or 4th best player? I could maybe see an argument for Rico to be the actual starter, but these guys are likely to split carries either way. After those two it really just comes down to do you want to keep the vet in Freeman or give that last spot to a developmental guy like Vaughn or Peat.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You forgot he lead the team in receptions!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Back in the day has no bearing on today, I said it at the time, you don't pay Zeke or any running backs long term deals in todays NFL, you use them, and then go draft another one, the league has changed from back in the day.....use a back on his rookie deal, franchise him for a year and then go get another one. Didn't Zeke averaged 2.7 yards the last five game in New England, he has no burst to hit the hole, and the fact that he counts against the cap still and then you sign him back make ZERO sense...Dowdle, Freeman, and Deuce have faired better, they're younger, cheaper and faster than Zeke....Pollard was held back because this organization stuck with Zeke and his contract far too long.....I loved Witten but I thought and said it at the time it was ridiculous to bring him back a year after he retired...
I don't care I'm telling you that he's not the starter and that you shouldn't play him in the preseason isn't that what this is about the guy was wrong and you're wrong the guy's gonna be part of a running back by committee and I'm fine with it as long as they don't try to force feed it and I don't think they will he will be damn good fullback that could be a running back I'm sorry that you don't feel that way and you're judging him by taking over a terrible New England team and being forced to be the starter with no quarterback and a horrible like all around play? Like I said a young hardly used very unimpressive Najee Harris barely averages 3.5 yards of carry and that's sad for a full time starter that's my point you're missing the whole damn point it wasn't a zeke hate thread it was a sports idiot saying zeke should be in preseason because he shouldn't be the starter so he should be forced in the preseason it was a ridiculous comment and I'm calling it like I see it let's watch the damn season before your wine fest Mr. quest Mr. 808 Mr. zeke hater whoever you all are let's just see what it is before we condemn it for ******* sake!...

rambo2

Reaction score
Why is Zeke not playing in pre season? Are they really gonna just hand him the #1 RB spot? I don't think he brings anything the other RBs bring, besides possibly pass protection. Am I looking at this wrong?
It's hard to say with the free pass that he is getting.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm not against that plan, but the Issue is they don't have a great back on a rookie deal.They really neglected the position this offseason. Zeke is 29, Freeman is 28, Dowdle is 26. The only real fountain of youth on the roster is Deuce at 22, but he is also limited due to his size. It would be nice if a guy like Peat could step up and take that last roster spot, but based on him only getting 5 touches against LV I'm assuming he is a longshot to make the roster, and is more likely fighting for a PS spot unless we see multiple injuries.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you really look at this depth chart and think Zeke is the 3rd or 4th best player? I could maybe see an argument for Rico to be the actual starter, but these guys are likely to split carries either way. After those two it really just comes down to do you want to keep the vet in Freeman or give that last spot to a developmental guy like Vaughn or Peat.
It's more of a this is too soon of a pose it's ridiculous you telling the man he should plan preseason because he sucks and shouldn't be named number one and you're right it doesn't matter whose name #1 they're gonna split carries and then you're gonna compliment them with someone like Vaughn and or Pete like you said I I don't think it's gonna be developmental I think do swan can play right now and just because Mike McCarthy makes you think he wasn't ready because he didn't utilize him right look how underutilized Turpin was last year it took them six games just to get cooks going..

. In my opinion the right offensive coordinator get this offensive line going the right rhythm and play calling with the right backs in the right situations this can be a very efficient run game... Again if not after week two you can go look for a running back if you need one there's either gonna be one on the street or you can make a trade for somebody's back you think is better that might be a second or third on their team like I said I think The Jets and Miami have an embarrassment of riches at running back right now and they're gonna be lost in the numbers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was RB2 in NE, and ended up basically RB1.
Behind a horrible QB and a horrible OL and horrible WR's.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They do not need to evaluate what zeke can do, that is why he isn't playing. They are needing to see what the young kids can do.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think the goal is to have Zeke enter the season with as little wear and tear on his body as possible. I'm hopeful they keep him around 15 touches per game to keep him fresh all year too.

I think with a less is more approach Zeke will be fine. Nothing special at this point, but fine. Playing him in preseason is just a waste of everyones time. We know he is making the roster. We know what he can do. The guy is entering his 9th year in the league, he knows how to get his body ready. We knew he was being handed the #1 spot the second he signed in Dallas.
I am less concerned about Zeke's touches as I am about the number of times he has to step in front of a 290 pound dude with a head of steam because the line blew an assignment. As a runner you can control the where and how your body takes the hit to some extent. As a blocker you pretty much throw your body in harm's way and hope for the best.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I don't care I'm telling you that he's not the starter and that you shouldn't play him in the preseason isn't that what this is about the guy was wrong and you're wrong the guy's gonna be part of a running back by committee and I'm fine with it as long as they don't try to force feed it and I don't think they will he will be damn good fullback that could be a running back I'm sorry that you don't feel that way and you're judging him by taking over a terrible New England team and being forced to be the starter with no quarterback and a horrible like all around play? Like I said a young hardly used very unimpressive Najee Harris barely averages 3.5 yards of carry and that's sad for a full time starter that's my point you're missing the whole damn point it wasn't a zeke hate thread it was a sports idiot saying zeke should be in preseason because he shouldn't be the starter so he should be forced in the preseason it was a ridiculous comment and I'm calling it like I see it let's watch the damn season before your wine fest Mr. quest Mr. 808 Mr. zeke hater whoever you all are let's just see what it is before we condemn it for ******* sake!...
NO team was clamoring for Zeke last year, although the Zeke fans were telling me here that 31 teans would sign Zeke when he was released....Only in Camp did New England call because of injuries to running backs that he got signed...I'm a fan of the team, not individual players and my assessment is based on my eyes watching players and I've watched him, he can't hit the holes anymore, he's lost a step when he didn't have a top gear when he arrived in the league.....He's ONLY on the team because JERRY(zeke fanboy) loves him, he's been a declining player for four years and come game one in Cleveland, Zeke will be the starter because thats how this franchise does things.....

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I am less concerned about Zeke's touches as I am about the number of times he has to step in front of a 290 pound dude with a head of steam because the line blew an assignment. As a runner you can control the where and how your body takes the hit to some extent. As a blocker you pretty much throw your body in harm's way and hope for the best.
Absolutely, and I think hes going to be doing that quite a bit. I have to believe he is the primary 3rd down back, and even though I really like Guyton/Beebe rookies are going to get fooled every now and then. Maybe someone will step up and can take some of those snaps from Zeke, but I have to believe that was a huge part of the reason they brought him back.