Zeke as the 1?

75boyz

Reaction score
Ultimately,
I hope the run blocking potential of this oline is not wasted by using an average to below average RB behind it.

The RB room of Zeke, Dowdle and Freeman just doesn't inspire extreme confidence in achieving all that we "should be able to get" out of this year's run game.

Others may be satisfied with less.
Not me.
jmo

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If they young guys are road grading, I have no doubt that our run game will be better. If they aren't, won't make a lot of difference who's back there.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Ultimately,
I hope the run blocking potential of this oline is not wasted by using an average to below average RB behind it.

The RB room of Zeke, Dowdle and Freeman just doesn't inspire extreme confidence in achieving all that we "should be able to get" out of this year's run game.

Others may be satisfied with less.
Not me.
jmo
We may not have the most explosive backfield in the league but if they are keeping us ahead of the chains and converting downs & touchdowns, we can make chunk plays in the passing game. It's literally never been easier.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Why is Zeke not playing in pre season? Are they really gonna just hand him the #1 RB spot? I don't think he brings anything the other RBs bring, besides possibly pass protection. Am I looking at this wrong?
I think he's a lock at #2, I'd give Rico the 1 and run with it. Hope he stays healthy.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
After you let us all in on how you know there were not other teams trying to sign him, I'll explain to you why the Cowboys thought they would be better off with Pollard at 10 million per than Zeke at 16 million per. Had they been able to strike up a deal with numbers similar to the deal he got this year it would have been Pollard who would have been shown the door. Pollard was never the better back.. he was just cheaper. As it was the Cowboys pissed away at least two maybe three games last year because they couldn't punch it in in the red zone. Zeke almost single handedly solves that problem for them. That alone is easily worth what they are paying him. He may not be 2016 Zeke anymore.. but I am expecting him to continue to be a good football player.. much to the chagrin of haters everywhere!
keep drinking that koolaid..

75boyz

Reaction score
We may not have the most explosive backfield in the league but if they are keeping us ahead of the chains and converting downs & touchdowns, we can make chunk plays in the passing game. It's literally never been easier.
Bro,
I am all about pounding the rock. I'm totally onboard with running some people over like some of our past olines did, trust me.
I realize the huge impact this type of ground game can have on the effectiveness of play action as well, one thing Dak is good at.

But even with that being said, it will still be hard for me to accept if/when our guys are consistently brought down from behind because they no longer have the juice they once had.

Just me wanting prime Zeke and not the semi washed 8 yr vet Zeke.
That's all.

vlad

Reaction score
Why is Zeke not playing in pre season? Are they really gonna just hand him the #1 RB spot? I don't think he brings anything the other RBs bring, besides possibly pass protection. Am I looking at this wrong?
FWIW I've read several times randomly over the past few years that's he's actually graded as a poor blocker. I recall one article was speaking about how Pollard actually graded higher lol. But we do have his underperformance on advanced stats in other categories to fall back on. Guess we'll know in a few weeks either way - that's how you run a team!

Aven8

Reaction score
It's a simple question IMO........what can you learn about Zeke playing preseason games that you don't already know?
As Broaddus said today he thinks they are hiding him from the public. Says he barely practices as well. That way no one in the media/fans can pick his game apart.

Ridiculous.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
They never learn this stupid coach. Let's not play the vets in preseason, remember last year first game. What a joke of a franchise.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Tell me if this disgusts you as much as me. Zoom in on the pic on the right side. Two entitled mutts just yukking it up at the country club.

You just know Zeke was miserable playing a season under Belichick and couldn't wait to get back to the Dallas country club.

Heck, I'm surprised Mazi didn't get the first 6 or so games off because of his allergic reaction.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Chunk plays with who in the passing game? Have you seen the WR depth chart outside of CD?

Sydla

Reaction score
Would be hilarious if he isnt playing because he’s the starter.

I am ehhh on Dowdle but he’s better than Elliott at this point.