Zeke cannot do what Pollard does

RonnieT24

Reaction score
similar but worse fumble by Murray going through that huge HOLE in the GB payoff game , same dez catch game, and looked like no one was near him yet peppers i believe stick a hand out and GRAZED it lol.. dudes are stronger then some fools want to admit , nfl defenders graze is like punch..

Yeah if you have never been "grazed" by a 300 pound dude you don't understand .. These guys have hands the size of a small child.. When they "graze" you if not for pads it would break bones on you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I was initially pissed at Zeke when it happened.. Then I watched the replay and saw the punch with the backhand and said sometimes the other guy makes a good play and moved on. Why dude can't see it on his own posted replay is a mystery.. Well not really.. he saw it.. he just ignored it because it didn't support his narrative.

Good work ronnie!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Good work ronnie!

Thanks.. I am a stickler for accuracy.. Though I should probably apologize to ole boy. I have been watching and coaching the game for a very long time and have often been accused of seeing things right away that others might need multiple replays to see. I think maybe it comes from watching so much tape on opponents and on my own teams looking for any little detail that might give my team an edge. I do remember my son's freshman year in high school I took a break when he jumped from Pop Warner to high school so I could sit in the stands and just be a dad. Which was nice.. but I would frequently annoy the people sitting near me because I would scream out "touchdown" on plays very early because I could already see how the blocking had developed and that there would be no defender in position to make the tackle. They were mostly okay with that but they would look sideways at me when I would say "It's coming back" because I saw a hold on the backside of a play and then saw the flag come out .. I only lasted half a season in the stands before the JV coach asked me to come help out.. which of course I happily obliged.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
They got little arrow icons you can click on. chose color. then click on your image and size it.

no more spermy things! :grin:

Thanks.. I gotta go look for it.. I did not see them on our version of MS Paint.. but if you say it's there.. I shall endeavor to find it!

Update.. I found it.. It's under 2D objects.. Henceforth my pictures shall be posted sans sperm!

Reactions: G2

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LMAO.. now it's "grazing the ball?" And it's no exaggeration.. the ball ends up near Zeke's feet. As in going in the opposite direction of his momentum. How would you explain it getting there? Jedi mind tricks?

That’s because he’s diving forward genius. The ball dropped down as he stretched forward and then popped backwards after he partially came down on it.

Beyond any of this nonsense, what do you think this is accomplishing?

99% of the time fumbles are caused by a defender in some shape, form, or fashion, so to say “oh, it happens sometimes” is laughably misguided.

Zeke’s got 15 fumbles in his past 40 games but I’m guessing you’ve got a ready made excuse for every one of them.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Thanks.. I am a stickler for accuracy.. Though I should probably apologize to ole boy. I have been watching and coaching the game for a very long time and have often been accused of seeing things right away that others might need multiple replays to see. I think maybe it comes from watching so much tape on opponents and on my own teams looking for any little detail that might give my team an edge. I do remember my son's freshman year in high school I took a break when he jumped from Pop Warner to high school so I could sit in the stands and just be a dad. Which was nice.. but I would frequently annoy the people sitting near me because I would scream out "touchdown" on plays very early because I could already see how the blocking had developed and that there would be no defender in position to make the tackle. They were mostly okay with that but they would look sideways at me when I would say "It's coming back" because I saw a hold on the backside of a play and then saw the flag come out .. I only lasted half a season in the stands before the JV coach asked me to come help out.. which of course I happily obliged.

You’re a “stickler for accuracy?”

Let’s see, you completely trotted out a bunk theory re: Chris Carson and Russell Wilson and treated it like it was fact. Turns out it was patently inaccurate.

You tried to claim Dak’s doctor got on the radio and said “Dak’s got no ligament damage,” and there’s not a shred, peep, or mention of it on the internet, Tweet, podcast, blog, et cetera corroborating that claim because you made it up.

C’mon maayne.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You’re a “stickler for accuracy?”

Let’s see, you completely trotted out a bunk theory re: Chris Carson and Russell Wilson and treated it like it was fact. Turns out it was patently inaccurate.

You tried to claim Dak’s doctor got on the radio and said “Dak’s got no ligament damage,” and there’s not a shred, peep, or mention of it on the internet/anywhere corroborating that claim because you made it up.

C’mon maayne.

Is Russell Wilson still leading the Seahawks in rushing? Perhaps it was not such a bunk theory after all?

And if you have a shred, peep or mention on the internet corroborating your claim that Dak HAS ligament damage .. then by all means.. Post it..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That’s because he’s diving forward genius. The ball dropped down as he stretched forward and then popped backwards after he partially came down on it.

Beyond any of this nonsense, what do you think this is accomplishing?

99% of the time fumbles are caused by a defender in some shape, form, or fashion, so to say “oh, it happens sometimes” is laughably misguided.

Zeke’s got 15 fumbles in his past 40 games but I’m guessing you’ve got a ready made excuse for every one of them.
It's weird how badly you fight to be right.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Is Russell Wilson still leading the Seahawks in rushing? Perhaps it was not such a bunk theory after all?

And if you have a shred, peep or mention on the internet corroborating your claim that Dak HAS ligament damage .. then by all means.. Post it..

My gosh you’re a blowhard, lulz.

Myself and others posted the medical opinions/literature from practicing physicians speaking specifically to Dak’s type of injury and the common thread was ligament was by default part of that kind of injury because your ankle/foot wouldn’t be able to rotate like that without tearing the supporting ligaments.

You flat-out lied and claimed Dak’s doctor said there was no ligament damage.

:laugh:

When you were pressed to support evidence of that claim you predictably spun it “I can’t prove it because I heard it on the radio.”

Sure you did.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
My gosh you’re a blowhard, lulz.

Myself and others posted the medical opinions/literature from practicing physicians speaking specifically to Dak’s type of injury and the common thread was ligament was by default part of that kind of injury because your ankle/foot wouldn’t be able to rotate like that without tearing the supporting ligaments.

You flat-out lied and claimed Dak’s doctor said there was no ligament damage.

:laugh:

When you were pressed to support evidence of that claim you predictably spun it “I can’t prove it because I heard it on the radio.”

Sure you did.

I said I heard it on the radio from a dude whom I assumed was the doc that did the surgery. I was mistaken because it was just a dude claiming to be an expert talking like he was there. See, unlike some folks I can own when I got information wrong .. you should try it.

But back to my first question.. You did not answer.. Is Wilson still Seattle's leading rusher or not? I mean I can go look it up but you claimed that my theory that Wilson was having to run so much because Carson was not all you were cracking him up to be was "bunk." So you should do the honors. When I looked there it was in plain black and white.. Seattle's leading rusher the last time I looked was Russell Wilson.. and that was before Carson missed a couple more games.. which I stated he pretty much always does which is why the claim that he and Zeke are "basically the same back" was far more "bunk" than my assertion that Wilson has to run so much because Carson simply is not on Zeke's level in a number of areas.. durability being foremost among them.

But again.. if you have proof of Dak's ligament damage.. post it.. I dare you.. Not conjecture by self-proclaimed experts.. not internet blowhards.. Actual x-rays and MRIs which prove what you say is true. Maybe a snuck out cellphone picture of a medical chart.. Anything.. produce it or ****.

aria

Reaction score
At no point did I say anything about NOT being upset. I was simply not AS upset because it was a guy making a great play as opposed to a guy being careless with the ball. Again it's a situation I have been in many times and I know the difference from experience. There are instances in football where no matter what the back does, if the defender hits either the ball or his arms just right, the ball is coming out. The one I most often cite is when a defender hits the ballcarrier right on the elbow (the funny bone) with a helmet. At that instant your arm actually goes numb and you literally have zero grip on the ball. Sometimes you can recover if you have both arms over the ball or have the other hand close by but if you get nailed right there with only one arm on the ball it's coming out and there is nothing you can do about it. People who have never played tackle football in pads probably don't understand what I'm talking about .. which is a shame.. but also not my problem. I will say this, I was considerably less upset about the fumble when the defense FINALLY held them to a field goal. Which is only like the 2nd or 3rd time all year they've done that. But that hold rendered the fumble of little consequence .. especially in a game decided by 25 points.. Had we lost by 3 I would be a good deal more pissed about it.
First of all, I played football for a good part of my life and rugby as well, I’m quite familiar with what you’re talking about. Second of all, I really don’t care how much we lost by or how he fumbled it, a fumble is a fumble. It can result in a wasted down (if we recover), field position, giving the other team the ball, momentum swing, tiring the defense, or the worst case scenario which is giving the other team points.

He’s leading the league in fumbles by an extremely wide margin and barely missed leading the league by one fumble (to a scrub IIRC) just two years ago. For his pay and his demands and the respect he thinks he deserves that is completely unacceptable. I hope you can at least agree with that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
First of all, I played football for a good part of my life and rugby as well, I’m quite familiar with what you’re talking about. Second of all, I really don’t care how much we lost by or how he fumbled it, a fumble is a fumble. It can result in a wasted down (if we recover), field position, giving the other team the ball, momentum swing, tiring the defense, or the worst case scenario which is giving the other team points.

He’s leading the league in fumbles by an extremely wide margin and barely missed leading the league by one fumble (to a scrub IIRC) just two years ago. For his pay and his demands and the respect he thinks he deserves that is completely unacceptable. I hope you can at least agree with that.

Nobody here has argued that fumbles are okay. I have merely examined the causes and possible causes. In this instance it was a great play by a defender coinciding with his arm colliding with a 320 pound dude's knee. The arm loses that matchup every time. Yes several of Zeke's fumbles have just been poor ball security. But not all of them. This one was a combination of great play by 94 and a fluke with his arm hitting the leg at the same instant. Flukes happen. I don't sweat those.. especially when they don't really have a bearing on the outcome of the game. By the way, if you have watched Taysom Hill, Carson Wentz, Miles Sanders, Russell Wilson and Joe Burrow at all this year you know that Zeke has a lot of work to do to be leading the league in fumbles by any margin let alone a "extremely wide" one. Hill has the same number of fumbles as Zeke, (5) and Burrow (4) and Wilson and Dalvin Cook each have 3. So does Miles Sanders. Strange how having one or two more than guys with not as many carries is "leading by an extremely wide margin." Again in case you missed it the first time.. NOBODY is justifying, excusing or dismissing fumbles. We all hate them.. None of us jumps up and cheers when they happen.. Well maybe some of the folks who hate Zeke do but actual Cowboys fans don't. But we also understand that they are part of the game. Until Thursday Zeke had not fumbled in 5 games.. If he goes another 5 games until his next fumble he will finish with 6. I think most of us can live with that. Especially in a year where he has had to work harder and absorb more hits to gain inches than at any point in his career. Some of us understand that in most cases Zeke's fumbles have been a result of a guy simply trying to do too much.. In other words pressing for an extra yard or two when he could go down and secure the ball. But that's how he runs.. He doesn't just accept that just because a guy gets a hand on him he should just stop there. Now he has to learn how to walk that tightrope between struggling for more yards and not putting the ball in harm's way. For 4+ games he had it figured out and it got him in this last game. If that remains his pattern.. one fumbled every 4-5 games I'm not going to worry too much about it. If it gets back to where it was the first 5 games then we can talk about it.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
And Pollard cannot do what Zeke does.

Zeke is a very good chain moving pile driving RB. He gets the tough yards between the tackles. Often gets yards when there's nowhere to go.

Pollard is an explosive 3rd down back. He explodes through the hole and makes big plays.

This is one of the best combos in the NFL. Zeke takes the majority of the carries and softens 'em up, Pollard takes the top off.

Why is it whenever Pollard has a longer run people start screaming that he should get all the carries? It's just silly. How do you not see that it's the combo that's awesome?
Zeke leads the league in snaps by a lot. If we limit his blocking snaps and give them. To pollard, zeke would be fresher and pollard would have less burst.