Zeke cannot do what Pollard does

aria

Reaction score
Nobody here has argued that fumbles are okay. I have merely examined the causes and possible causes. In this instance it was a great play by a defender coinciding with his arm colliding with a 320 pound dude's knee. The arm loses that matchup every time. Yes several of Zeke's fumbles have just been poor ball security. But not all of them. This one was a combination of great play by 94 and a fluke with his arm hitting the leg at the same instant. Flukes happen. I don't sweat those.. especially when they don't really have a bearing on the outcome of the game. By the way, if you have watched Taysom Hill, Carson Wentz, Miles Sanders, Russell Wilson and Joe Burrow at all this year you know that Zeke has a lot of work to do to be leading the league in fumbles by any margin let alone a "extremely wide" one. Hill has the same number of fumbles as Zeke, (5) and Burrow (4) and Wilson and Dalvin Cook each have 3. So does Miles Sanders. Strange how having one or two more than guys with not as many carries is "leading by an extremely wide margin." Again in case you missed it the first time.. NOBODY is justifying, excusing or dismissing fumbles. We all hate them.. None of us jumps up and cheers when they happen.. Well maybe some of the folks who hate Zeke do but actual Cowboys fans don't. But we also understand that they are part of the game. Until Thursday Zeke had not fumbled in 5 games.. If he goes another 5 games until his next fumble he will finish with 6. I think most of us can live with that. Especially in a year where he has had to work harder and absorb more hits to gain inches than at any point in his career. Some of us understand that in most cases Zeke's fumbles have been a result of a guy simply trying to do too much.. In other words pressing for an extra yard or two when he could go down and secure the ball. But that's how he runs.. He doesn't just accept that just because a guy gets a hand on him he should just stop there. Now he has to learn how to walk that tightrope between struggling for more yards and not putting the ball in harm's way. For 4+ games he had it figured out and it got him in this last game. If that remains his pattern.. one fumbled every 4-5 games I'm not going to worry too much about it. If it gets back to where it was the first 5 games then we can talk about it.
Absurd, you’re comparing one of the highest paid RB’s who carries the ball anywhere from ~15-25 times a game and whose number one priority is protecting the ball to QB’s who handle the ball on literally every single play, are often looking downfield while being hit from their blind side and are in the motion of throwing a lot of times. You’ve made some bad comparisons but that’s one of the worst.

You’re right, no other RB’s struggle for that extra yard or two, my eyes have been deceiving me all year. Most NFL RB’s just crumble like a house of cards, only zeke gets the excuse “fumbles for trying to do too much”. Pretty much no NFL RB’s would have a job if they didn’t fight for extra yards.

Again, he was one fumble short of leading the league (amongst RB’s) 2 years ago and is currently leading the league. If he figured it out, he wouldn’t be leading the league AGAIN. And let’s not forget about fumbling the ball twice on three carries, another one of zekes incredible achievements.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dak-prescott-surgery-went-well-released/

Here is an interview with one doctor who stated that he believes Dak's recovery will be "uneventful" and he lists the reasons why. The team trainer pretty much echoed that in another interview. Nobody has said there was ligament damage or any other complication yet but some of these folks are going full speed ahead with the "8 months to a year" story. So please.. if you people have sources that can confirm your internet diagnosis.. Please do share them.. I think we'd all love to read them..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dak-prescott-surgery-went-well-released/

Here is an interview with one doctor who stated that he believes Dak's recovery will be "uneventful" and he lists the reasons why. The team trainer pretty much echoed that in another interview. Nobody has said there was ligament damage or any other complication yet but some of these folks are going full speed ahead with the "8 months to a year" story. So please.. if you people have sources that can confirm your internet diagnosis.. Please do share them.. I think we'd all love to read them..

Luuuulz, the hypocrisy is so rich.

You have all the medical opinions specifically stating this type of injury by default will have ligament damage due to the nature trauma, but you think that's reading too much into it, lool.

Then you turn right around and twist the word "uneventful" (which was speaking to his recovery) until it says U-N-C-L-E to mean "....there's no ligament damage at all!"

You're a joke Ronald.

Ankle Dislocation
When an ankle dislocation occurs, the talus comes out from under the tibia to sit outside of the true ankle joint. It is possible for this to occur without a fracture, but this is usually not the case. When the ankle dislocates the ligaments by default are torn. If a patient has a simple ankle dislocation, with no fracture the patient can be treated with cast immobilization to allow the ankle to heal. However, this is clearly not the case in Prescott's situation.

https://www.theinjurysource.com/post/dak-prescott

187e61_836aaf1a45c146ddaa8d8055a446bd04~mv2_d_5253_2291_s_2.webp

Let's make a bet and the mods can honor it.

Here's the terms:

If it comes out that Dak indeed suffered ligament damage then it means you are banned from the forum forever.

If it comes out that Dak did not suffer any ligament damage then I'm banned from the forum forever.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Absurd, you’re comparing one of the highest paid RB’s who carries the ball anywhere from ~15-25 times a game and whose number one priority is protecting the ball to QB’s who handle the ball on literally every single play, are often looking downfield while being hit from their blind side and are in the motion of throwing a lot of times. You’ve made some bad comparisons but that’s one of the worst.

You’re right, no other RB’s struggle for that extra yard or two, my eyes have been deceiving me all year. Most NFL RB’s just crumble like a house of cards, only zeke gets the excuse “fumbles for trying to do too much”. Pretty much no NFL RB’s would have a job if they didn’t fight for extra yards.

Again, he was one fumble short of leading the league (amongst RB’s) 2 years ago and is currently leading the league. If he figured it out, he wouldn’t be leading the league AGAIN. And let’s not forget about fumbling the ball twice on three carries, another one of zekes incredible achievements.

Hmmmm.. interesting strawman.. I'd love for you to show me where I or anyone else said it though.. Go ahead.. I'll wait.. By the way, if he never actually led the league in fumbles.. how can he be leading it AGAIN? Is that kinda like your assertion that having one more than the next guy is "leading the league by an extremely wide margin?" Really?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Luuuulz, the hypocrisy is so rich.

You have all the medical opinions specifically stating this type of injury by default will have ligament damage due to the nature trauma, but you think that's reading too much into it, lool.

Then you turn right around and twist the word "uneventful" (which was speaking to his recovery) until it says U-N-C-L-E to mean "....there's no ligament damage at all!"

You're a joke Ronald.

Ankle Dislocation
When an ankle dislocation occurs, the talus comes out from under the tibia to sit outside of the true ankle joint. It is possible for this to occur without a fracture, but this is usually not the case. When the ankle dislocates the ligaments by default are torn. If a patient has a simple ankle dislocation, with no fracture the patient can be treated with cast immobilization to allow the ankle to heal. However, this is clearly not the case in Prescott's situation.

https://www.theinjurysource.com/post/dak-prescott

187e61_836aaf1a45c146ddaa8d8055a446bd04~mv2_d_5253_2291_s_2.webp

Let's make a bet and the mods can honor it.

Here's the terms:

If it comes out that Dak indeed suffered ligament damage then it means you are banned from the forum forever.

If it comes out that Dak did not suffer any ligament damage then I'm banned from the forum forever.

Keep your bet.. I don't make bets on things I have no control nor first hand knowledge of. It's a sucker's bet because he could have suffered a less than 5% tear and it would be considered "ligament damage" even though it would have no bearing on his recovery. Besides a better bet would be whether Dak is back by OTAs which would be consistent with the 4-6 month diagnosis or if he "will need to learn how to walk all over again when he gets out of the cast and will not be able to do return to football for a year.." Here's the thing about torn ligaments.. They don't repair themselves. They have to be repaired. The repair is done through surgery. Typically the surgery to repair cannot be performed until the swelling goes down around the damaged area. That takes several days. Dak has had one surgery and aside from being checked up he aint been back to the doc since. You know how we know that? Because TMZ has a reporter staked out at his house 24x7 and following him every minute of every day. Dak can't take a dump without somebody knowing about it. If he had a second or third surgery on his ankle to repair ligaments since October 11th.. we'd know about it.

P.S. Since you appear to be too busy trying to cover your arse I looked it up for you.. Russell Wilson is STILL leading the Seahawks in rushing.. Despite the greatness of Chris Carson.. imagine that.

aria

Reaction score
Hmmmm.. interesting strawman.. I'd love for you to show me where I or anyone else said it though.. Go ahead.. I'll wait.. By the way, if he never actually led the league in fumbles.. how can he be leading it AGAIN? Is that kinda like your assertion that having one more than the next guy is "leading the league by an extremely wide margin?" Really?
Lol, strawman...strawman....strawman...can you come up with any other fallacies? That’s the most over used, out of context term that people throw around here to sound smart. BTW, you’re guilty of it yourself by trying to compare QB’s fumbles to RB’s fumbles but instead of me saying “nice strawman” I actually explained to you why the comparisons are completely irrelevant to each other, I noticed you never responded.

There are literally at least 50 formal or informal fallacies but that’s the only one used. You are regularly guilty of appeal to ignorance so get ready because I’m going to start cramming it in every chance I get.

Lol, does the difference between leading and lead confuse you? If another RB fumbles the ball more than zeke this year (not happening) could I not say zeke was leading the league in fumbles in 2020? See the difference?

You always say “I’ll wait” and you never have to wait long, do you?

To quote you “Some of us understand that in most cases Zeke's fumbles have been a result of a guy simply trying to do too much.. In other words pressing for an extra yard or two when he could go down and secure the ball. But that's how he runs.. He doesn't just accept that just because a guy gets a hand on him he should just stop there.”

So by leading the league in fumbles, this EXCUSE implies that zeke is doing too much by fighting for extra yards whereas other RB’s don’t. Do you think other RB’s just stop when someone gets a hand on them or they just stop fighting for extra yards when only one or two guys try to wrap them up?

Instead of making excuse after excuse for this guy you could just say “zeke sucks at securing the ball and has a problem fighting for extra yards without fumbling it, it’s one of his several weaknesses and he’s a liability.” But nope, you SPIN it into some sort of lame excuse that zeke is trying to do more than other RB in the league and therefore his fumbles are understandable. LMAO. Typical.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lol, strawman...strawman....strawman...can you come up with any other fallacies? That’s the most over used, out of context term that people throw around here to sound smart. BTW, you’re guilty of it yourself by trying to compare QB’s fumbles to RB’s fumbles but instead of me saying “nice strawman” I actually explained to you why the comparisons are completely irrelevant to each other, I noticed you never responded.

There are literally at least 50 formal or informal fallacies but that’s the only one used. You are regularly guilty of appeal to ignorance so get ready because I’m going to start cramming it in every chance I get.

Lol, does the difference between leading and lead confuse you? If another RB fumbles the ball more than zeke this year (not happening) could I not say zeke was leading the league in fumbles in 2020? See the difference?

You always say “I’ll wait” and you never have to wait long, do you?

To quote you “Some of us understand that in most cases Zeke's fumbles have been a result of a guy simply trying to do too much.. In other words pressing for an extra yard or two when he could go down and secure the ball. But that's how he runs.. He doesn't just accept that just because a guy gets a hand on him he should just stop there.”

So by leading the league in fumbles, this EXCUSE implies that zeke is doing too much by fighting for extra yards whereas other RB’s don’t. Do you think other RB’s just stop when someone gets a hand on them or they just stop fighting for extra yards when only one or two guys try to wrap them up?

Instead of making excuse after excuse for this guy you could just say “zeke sucks at securing the ball and has a problem fighting for extra yards without fumbling it, it’s one of his several weaknesses and he’s a liability.” But nope, you SPIN it into some sort of lame excuse that zeke is trying to do more than other RB in the league and therefore his fumbles are understandable. LMAO. Typical.

"Formal and informal fallacies?" What the hell is that? Is that how you rationalize making up crap that nobody ever said and then arguing with it? It was "implied?" No it was the voices in your head that said it.. Get help for that. Dude this is easily the most pointless drivel you've written here. If you don't understand what a "strawman" is then I'm afraid I can't help you. You clearly are going to continue this pattern of making up words no one has uttered then attributing them. That's not a game I'm interested in playing.. Go play with yourself.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Keep your bet.. I don't make bets on things I have no control nor first hand knowledge of. It's a sucker's bet because he could have suffered a less than 5% tear and it would be considered "ligament damage" even though it would have no bearing on his recovery. Besides a better bet would be whether Dak is back by OTAs which would be consistent with the 4-6 month diagnosis or if he "will need to learn how to walk all over again when he gets out of the cast and will not be able to do return to football for a year.." Here's the thing about torn ligaments.. They don't repair themselves. They have to be repaired. The repair is done through surgery. Typically the surgery to repair cannot be performed until the swelling goes down around the damaged area. That takes several days. Dak has had one surgery and aside from being checked up he aint been back to the doc since. You know how we know that? Because TMZ has a reporter staked out at his house 24x7 and following him every minute of every day. Dak can't take a dump without somebody knowing about it. If he had a second or third surgery on his ankle to repair ligaments since October 11th.. we'd know about it.

P.S. Since you appear to be too busy trying to cover your arse I looked it up for you.. Russell Wilson is STILL leading the Seahawks in rushing.. Despite the greatness of Chris Carson.. imagine that.

Tuck your tail and pivot; that’s what I thought, luulz.

But how is it a “sucker’s bet” when YOU claimed that you heard Dak’s very own doctor declare there was no ligament damage???

Oh, never mind. I see why...you completely made it up.

You’re a joke.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

But how is it a “sucker’s bet” when YOU claimed that you heard Dak’s very own doctor declare there was no ligament damage???

You’re a joke.

Still nothing on Russell Wilson and Chris Carson huh... I have already stated that when I went back and read up on the interview I heard it was a doc talking about it whom I assumed to be Dr. Curry by the way the interview was conducted. He comported himself as though he was the one who did the surgery. As it turned out it was this Dr. Souryal guy who hosts a Saturday morning show on the Ticket .. who was going on second hand information. Unlike your lil piss ant *** I have admitted my mistake and owned it. We have all observed that you are incapable of intellectual honesty so I expect no such thing from you. Come back when and if Carson passes Wilson for the Seahawks rushing lead..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

You’re a joke.
You should host parties, I bet you're a real hoot!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Still nothing on Russell Wilson and Chris Carson huh... I have already stated that when I went back and read up on the interview I heard it was a doc talking about it whom I assumed to be Dr. Curry by the way the interview was conducted. He comported himself as though he was the one who did the surgery. As it turned out it was this Dr. Souryal guy who hosts a Saturday morning show on the Ticket .. who was going on second hand information. Unlike your lil piss ant *** I have admitted my mistake and owned it. We have all observed that you are incapable of intellectual honesty so I expect no such thing from you. Come back when and if Carson passes Wilson for the Seahawks rushing lead..

Looool, what do you want to discuss?

You claimed "If he (Carson) was as good as Zeke Russell Wilson would not be running for 600-700 yards a season. The main reason Carson even looks as good as he does is that defenses consider him an afterthought with Russ on the field."

Then you had to be educated that Wilson hasn't even ran for more than 380 yards in a season since 2017, Carson's rookie season in which he only played 4 games. Every year since Carson's led the team in rushing.

So you want to talk about intellectual honesty? You admitted you talked out your arse initially re: Carson/Wilson (You: "Okay you got me there.. I didn't bother to go look up Russ' latest rushing stats .." aaaaaaaaand now you're going back and trying to spin it like you were right the whole time.

More lies from Ronald.

:laugh:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Looool, what do you want to discuss?

You claimed "If he (Carson) was as good as Zeke Russell Wilson would not be running for 600-700 yards a season. The main reason Carson even looks as good as he does is that defenses consider him an afterthought with Russ on the field."

Then you had to be educated that Wilson hasn't even ran for more than 380 yards in a season since 2017, Carson's rookie season in which he only played 4 games. Every year since Carson's led the team in rushing.

So you want to talk about intellectual honesty? You admitted you talked out your arse initially re: Carson/Wilson (You: "Okay you got me there.. I didn't bother to go look up Russ' latest rushing stats .." and now you're going back and trying to spin it like you were right the whole time.

More lies from Ronald.

:laugh:

Russ has 379 yards so far this year.. One more yard and you'll be a liar.. and he will only need to average 40 a game over the last 5 weeks to get to 600.. Are you praying for him to get hurt so you can be right.. That seems to be about your speed...

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Russ has 379 yards so far this year.. One more yard and you'll be a liar.. and he will only need to average 40 a game over the last 5 weeks to get to 600.. Are you praying for him to get hurt so you can be right.. That seems to be about your speed...

Your claim: "If he (Carson) was as good as Zeke Russell Wilson would not be running for 600-700 yards a season."

FACTS:
  1. The Wilson ran for 380+ yards was 2017
  2. Carson has led team in rushing in since 2018
  3. Carson would easily be leading the team this year if he hadn't missed 4 games....which you've conveniently ignored

Pivot.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You should host parties, I bet you're a real hoot!

Anyone can have a football opinion; that's not the problem.

Ronald's issue is that he literally makes up "facts" to support his opinions.

Pressing him to corroborate those supposed "facts" is sport because I know he's completely making it up as he goes.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Pressing him to corroborate those supposed "facts" is sport because I know he's completely making it up as he goes.
Sport? Lol, oh boy.....:omg:
Ronnie's a good cat, no idea why you get so bent.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Fact: Chris Carson benefits mightily from the attention the defense has to pay to Russell Wilson
Fact: Russell Wilson is leading the Seahawks in rushing in 2020
Fact: Chris Carson has been in the league 1 year less than Zeke but Zeke has MORE THAN 3000 more yards rushing and 25 more rushing TDs in his career.
Fact: Chris Carson has missed 18 of a possible 58 games in his career due to injury .
Fact: Zeke has missed 0 games in his career due to injury.

But according to some internet blowhard they are "basically the same back.."

Fact: I'm not inclined to take the opinion of anyone who espouses this belief seriously.

aria

Reaction score
"Formal and informal fallacies?" What the hell is that? Is that how you rationalize making up crap that nobody ever said and then arguing with it? It was "implied?" No it was the voices in your head that said it.. Get help for that. Dude this is easily the most pointless drivel you've written here. If you don't understand what a "strawman" is then I'm afraid I can't help you. You clearly are going to continue this pattern of making up words no one has uttered then attributing them. That's not a game I'm interested in playing.. Go play with yourself.
Bwahahahahahaha...:lmao2:

Point proven, using terms you know nothing about. This is pure gold! Wooooo....thanks Ronnie, you never let me down.

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman, also sometimes straw dog[1][2]) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the proper idea of argument under discussion was not addressed or properly refuted.[3] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

:laugh::laugh::lmao::lmao:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fact: Chris Carson benefits mightily from the attention the defense has to pay to Russell Wilson
Fact: Chris Carson has been in the league 1 year less than Zeke but Zeke has MORE THAN 3000 more yards rushing and 25 more rushing TDs in his career.
Fact: Chris Carson has missed 18 of a possible 58 games in his career due to injury .

Fact: I'm not inclined to take the opinion of anyone who espouses this belief seriously.
Elliott has also played with injuries, specifically multiple lower leg injuries. It's not a lazy excuse when it's a factual event. But it's a starting point to bash him for allegedly slowing down. My God, do fans realize the carries he's had?
And also, when the team doesn't run 20 times, we're most likely NOT going to win with Dalton throwing the ball. 10 carries isn't realistic.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

FACTS: Nothing you just blathered about has anything to do with your original bunk claim which you admitted you were wrong about, loool.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Pollard does well in relief. He doesn't have Zeke's body. Give him 20 plus carries, and he'll break.
The rotation works for them and the Cowboys.
Don't mess with that which works.
I don't see the system working as long as Zeke turns in 3.2 ypc games.
As per Pollard "he'll break," you mean he'll break a long one or break down with so many carries??

Hollah, and brings me a dollah!