Zeke: Court Vacates Injunction and Dismisses Case ***merged***

Alohawg1

Reaction score
On a lighter note, this made me lol

DL9z7XGWAAAazhs

:lmao:

Reaction score
SCOTUS here we come......have no idea if an option but I'm game! lol

That was light speed action for the machine, which I find interesting.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSsyDIWjsbZJySl2DPk8HnOnlCvP5SPt_V3UEFnNjyidZaK-QAbg

CCBoy

Reaction score
...Despite his case being struck down by the appeals court, Elliott has some legal life left, albeit not what his team was hoping for. Based on the court’s decision, he can seek a proper jurisdiction and re-file his lawsuit in the Southern District of New York. That’s the same turf where the case of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady crashed and burned in 2016, despite a ferocious effort by players union bulldog litigator Jeffrey Kessler.

It’s the worst-case scenario for Elliott and makes it far likelier his case will fail quickly. It’s also the last legal avenue available if he takes it. Based on past cases, the battleground is both friendly to the NFL and has the precedent of striking down Brady’s case, which was also challenging the league’s disciplinary process based on challenging points under the collective-bargaining agreement.

The ruling also means Elliott is far likelier to serve a portion – or the entirety – of the NFL’s six-game suspension. With his injunction struck down, the league has already indicated that Goodell has the latitude to enforce the suspension immediately, meaning Elliott could start serving his suspension as soon as this week. It also means that the case filed by the Cowboys running back, which accuses the league of conspiring to twist its investigation to support a suspension, is far less likely to be heard...

https://sports.yahoo.com/ruling-eze...d-cowboys-rb-204833263.html?.tsrc=new_fauxdal

ksadler1

Reaction score
Football is spiraling down the drain this season. This doesn't even seem like that big of a deal anymore.

Bottom line here is this; until Zeke grows up and quits acting like a dumb arse, his time in the NFL is going to be suspension after suspension. I realize this is a lot bigger than Zeke, but he doesn't help things.....

erod

Reaction score
This played out about as badly as it could have for this season: Zeke has to serve 6 & Dallas plays under .500 with him. Bonus: next year softer schedule and high draft pick. The way this week has gone we might have a top-10 pick if we can’t escape the funk.

2018 schedule will be....

AWAY: Carolina, Atlanta, Houston, Indy, New York, Washington, Philly, team TBD
HOME: Jacksonville, New Orleans, Tampa, Tennessee, New York, Washington, Philly, team TBD

Reaction score
I think he means this process where the players have no recourse because the courts are are setup to favor the NFL under the current CBA.

The new CBA needs to somehow force a change in this process. Maybe mediation.

I don't know if there is a way to force the jurisdiction issue in the CBA but if there is, I would demand that as a player.

Ultimately, the players should insist on creating an "independent" discipline organization that is managed by both the NFL and NFLPA.
For what it's worth (not much), I predict they will come up with something that models the current NBA system.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
That's what I meant. That's just the world going forward.
Yup.

I’m a millennial, the coveted demographic for all things money and ratings. You lose my crowd, you lose, NFL

Doing this ****, you’re gonna lose my demographic, thus lose a huge chunk of change going forward.

My demographic will change the league. Keep messing with our sport, Goodell

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
For what it's worth (not much), I predict they will come up with something that models the current NBA system.

Hope they do. Commish can only suspend for on-field stuff. Everything else is done through a truly independent arbitrator.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
This played out about as badly as it could have for this season: Zeke has to serve 6 & Dallas plays under .500 with him. Bonus: next year softer schedule and high draft pick. The way this week has gone we might have a top-10 pick if we can’t escape the funk.

What about the man's reputation? Zeke says he's being accused of something he didn't do.

coogrfan

Reaction score
This is going to be one of many items that will affect the downfall of the NFL. It shows big business has power over the average person and laws and logic do not hold true for big business and the elite.

Yeah...because that's a new thing. :rolleyes:

I get that we're not thrilled, but today's ruling is not unreasonable in and of itself.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
So.... how’s the greatest team draft in NFL history looking now.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Like I said before, Zeke is NOT going to win this in the end, it's time to serve the six games and move on and put it behind you....