Zeke Elliott expendable?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Foles isn't elite, but won a SB because his d showed up all thru that playoff run.
I wouldn’t consider him elite either but he rose to the occasion in playoffs playing at an elite level and MVP level in SB with that defense.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Oh yeah, replacing the best RB in the league would be very easy. There are 100s if Zekes out there. Was E.Smith easily replaced? W. Payton? A.Peterson?

Zeke isn't on any of their level. You're talking about 3 legendary backs. Also, two of them are from different decades and last I checked, Peterson never got a ring.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Of course but he deserves credit for taking advantage of it. Not all QB’s can on the biggest stages.

Hard to call the Super Bowl MVP a bus driver.

So non elite qb's can be successful with an elite defense. Dak just needs his d and Zeke to also show up in the playoffs. That's all I was saying. Peace.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So non elite qb's can be successful with an elite defense. Dak just needs his d and Zeke to also show up in the playoffs. That's all I was saying. Peace.
Well yea, but converting 1 of 10 on 3rd down wasn’t doing his part either.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
i really like the way Stephen and JJ are running the salary cap these days . I think they finally realize the importance of a stout defense to win championships, and avoiding monster contracts on one or two super stars. The Patriots blue print basically .
Zeke is a top tier RB , but Stephen is not going to spend silly , Gurley like money, on a RB. It is well documented that the RB position is the easiest to replace and rookie RBs can contribute immediately . Look at the cowboys after Demarco Murray departed.

If i were Stephen i would go after a quality RB in round 3 or 4 . Rodney Anderson from Oklahoma will probably be available. That guy is a beast and would be a steal . Brice Love /Stanford is another .
They know the number one recipe for success is being strong up the middle.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
He also said they gonna pick up his 5th year option.

SJ talks alot to keep everybody guessing.

Yes and they did pick up his option and will also spend “silly” money on Zeke when they are ready, just as he said specifically.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yes and they did pick up his option and will also spend “silly” money on Zeke when they are ready, just as he said specifically.

Hey, i didnt want to bash your beloved Zeke.

Just told you that you should not overestimate SJs comments.

And when did they actually pick up the option ?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hey, i didnt want to bash your beloved Zeke.

Just told you that you should not overestimate SJs comments.

And when did they actually pick up option ?

Stephen informed the media at the pre-draft presser that they will be picking up Zeke’s 5th year option, no need to overestimate anything.

Your bashing Zeke comment really is meaningless to me to be honest.

Stephen has been specific with reference to Zeke, no need to question the man when he has been explicit with these particular comments, there is nothing to overestimate or doubt here as he was specific and on record with the media.

If you choose to doubt him we shall revisit this matter when it actually happens.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Stephen informed the media at the pre-draft presser that they will be picking up Zeke’s 5th year option, no need to overestimate anything.

Your bashing Zeke comment really is meaningless to me to be honest.

Stephen has been specific with reference to Zeke, no need to question the man when he has been explicit with these particular comments, there is nothing to overestimate or doubt here as he was specific and on record with the media.

Thats what i wanted to know. They DID NOT pick up his option until now.

Second is i did not bash Zeke. Thats how you want to interpret my post.

You seem to have a reading/understanding problem do you ?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Thats what i wanted to know. They DID NOT pick up his option until now.

Second is i did not bash Zeke. Thats how you want to interpret my post.

You seem to have a reading/understanding problem do you ?

Personal attack is a logical fallacy, I reject your last line.

I never said you bashing Zeke, I said your line about you saying that you hate to bash Zeke, that is meaningless to me.

Yes, they plan to pick up his fifth year option, just like he said.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke isn't on any of their level. You're talking about 3 legendary backs. Also, two of them are from different decades and last I checked, Peterson never got a ring.

Zeke is a great back who was #1 in rush yards in two of his first three years. We won't know if he's "legendary" just like Emmitt Smith after three years. You just can't fairly judge a runner after three years, but he looks pretty damn good thus far!

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
All players are eventually expendable.

I would keep a careful eye on Zeke's expiry date. He plays like Marion Barber and leads with his head.

He is going to get a second contract, but if I were McClay I would have a quick exit clause, and be looking for the next bell cow if he begins to erode.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Not to sound harsh, just looking at it from a business standpoint, exercise his 5th yr option, see what kind of season he has, then tag him......he would have 6 season under his belt...with his style of running he'll start going down soon after is my prediction...let him walk, take the 3rd comp pick.

Long term contracts on RB's don't usually work out well.