Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jon Machota‏Verified account @jonmachota 20m20 minutes ago

Ezekiel Elliott on what he's working on heading into his second season

C_V1urrU0AA0v9a.jpg

Big D

Reaction score
He could have had 2,000 yards as a rookie if our head coach stood up to pee.
I thought it was strange that there was the effort to rest him as if we were going to hitch our wagons to him in the playoffs and once there the resting seemed to continue. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity that he blew for the kid. I understand it's team over individual accomplishments but I'd be willing to bet if Jimmy Johnson were the coach Zeke would have that record firmly in hand.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I thought it was strange that there was the effort to rest him as if we were going to hitch our wagons to him in the playoffs and once there the resting seemed to continue. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity that he blew for the kid. I understand it's team over individual accomplishments but I'd be willing to bet if Jimmy Johnson were the coach Zeke would have that record firmly in hand.
We didn't rest him in the playoffs.

He got 23 touches in a game at went down 3 scores early. That showed a commitment to riding him.

Dwight

Reaction score
So glad America's Team drafted Zeke last year.

Zeke's gaming winning run against the Squealers last season was just awesome.

I still think about that last run over and over.

Looking forward to another productive season from him.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
The benefit of having a lockerroom full of RKG's. Wit had a tremendous impact.

Not trying to knock Dak when I say this, but he really did come to the perfect situation.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He coached scared. You saw it with Zeke and you saw it with the vacation he gave the team in the season finale.

It's not about individual accomplishment. You have to use your talent to maximize the success of the team. Jimmy Johnson would have never even considered taking Emmitt Smith off the field on 3rd downs and one series a half. It's gutless, safe space, 2017 thinking.

It's why I'll never, ever defend the ginger again. Even if he's being unfairly criticized. He proved to me last year he's a spineless, gutless fraud.

Eric Dickerson still holds that record because of one man. Jason Garrett. And the thinking that went behind that also led the Cowboys to being one and done in the playoffs. It's why they started slow, why they fell behind, why they came up short.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
The benefit of having a lockerroom full of RKG's. Wit had a tremendous impact.

Not trying to knock Dak when I say this, but he really did come to the perfect situation.
Yeah especially when you consider the sorry excuse for an oline and talent he had to play behind at Mississippi and yet accomplished so much
It's too bad all those qbs that we had play in 2015 didn't have the same good circumstances ;)

Last edited:

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Yeah especially when you consider the sorry excuse for an oline and talent he had to play behind at Mississippi and yet accomplished so much
It's too bad all those qbs that we had play in 2015 didn't have the same good circumstances ;)
I knew someone would get defensive. :thumbup:

Aaaand, I just realized I posted these in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson didn't play Emmitt in a meaningless end of season game against the Bears. Instead, Curvin Richards got to play and fumbled Twice.

Dallas won. Richards was cut. :laugh:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke loves to party, but he also loves to work.

2k yards might be attainable if he actually has to play all 16 games next year

yimyammer

Reaction score

don't know about the record part but I can't imagine any scenario where Zeke is sitting on the sidelines as many times as he did in that playoff game...that really shook my confidence in the coaches

yimyammer

Reaction score
Perhaps, but as much as we rested him I expected more. Maybe he should've had all the touches they were forcing to Butler as well.

I agree, even if they didn't plan to run him on a given play, would the defense fear the threat of Zeke or Dunbar more?

Dunbar in at the end of that game seems impossible to justify but I'm no x & o expert

Daillest88

Reaction score
He coached scared. You saw it with Zeke and you saw it with the vacation he gave the team in the season finale.

It's not about individual accomplishment. You have to use your talent to maximize the success of the team. Jimmy Johnson would have never even considered taking Emmitt Smith off the field on 3rd downs and one series a half. It's gutless, safe space, 2017 thinking.

It's why I'll never, ever defend the ginger again. Even if he's being unfairly criticized. He proved to me last year he's a spineless, gutless fraud.

Eric Dickerson still holds that record because of one man. Jason Garrett. And the thinking that went behind that also led the Cowboys to being one and done in the playoffs. It's why they started slow, why they fell behind, why they came up short.

Taking Zeke out on 3rd down really pissed me off this year. In the first eagles game we didn't even use him when we were in the red zone in the first half

Last edited: