Twitter: Zeke Elliott on what he wants to improve in 2017

Plankton

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson didn't play Emmitt in a meaningless end of season game against the Bears. Instead, Curvin Richards got to play and fumbled Twice.

Dallas won. Richards was cut. :laugh:

Emmitt Smith played in the first three quarters of the game, and won the season rushing title on a 31 yard touchdown run. He rushed 20 times for 131 yards.

Richards didn't play until late in the third.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Zeke wasn't there and no way can you compare Dmac to him...not even worth the letters to type it...Zeke by himself is the difference..
Difference in what ? Now obviously I would not say anything negative on Zeke as he is an elite rb, no need to even say that. I just wonder what you mean by "sole reason" ? You mean why 2016 didn't look like 2015?
Well that to me is a huge dis on Dak and If that is what you are saying, then I would think you would be the ONLY one saying that. If you are not saying that, then my apologies.

Everson24

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson didn't play Emmitt in a meaningless end of season game against the Bears. Instead, Curvin Richards got to play and fumbled Twice.

Dallas won. Richards was cut. :laugh:
Actually, Emmitt did play in that game and Richards came in only after a big lead was established.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doubt it. He would need to have just shy of 400 carries to accomplish that using last year's ypc as a frame of reference.
Then why would you doubt it? He was on pace most of the year last season and didn't even have one of those crazy 250-300 yard games.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Gotta love zeke. Kid just wants to make an impact on every run and help his team accomplish the ultimate goal. NCAA champion and super bowl MVP sound good for zeke

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Difference in what ? Now obviously I would not say anything negative on Zeke as he is an elite rb, no need to even say that. I just wonder what you mean by "sole reason" ? You mean why 2016 didn't look like 2015?
Well that to me is a huge dis on Dak and If that is what you are saying, then I would think you would be the ONLY one saying that. If you are not saying that, then my apologies.
You implied the same team was in tact with the different QBs in 2015.

Proof

Reaction score
For the season, Elliott had 23 more carries more than any running back in the league. The notion we should have loaded him up even more reaks of ignorance.

half the marquee rb's in the league last year were either hurt, suspended or made up the difference in carries with catches. The rest were platoons.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
You implied the same team was in tact with the different QBs in 2015.
OK I don't think we are far apart.
I will be brave and say that if either Zeke or Dak would of stepped into that 2015 season they would of been whole lot more successful than their counterpart on the team in 2015, but together well we seen what that becomes in 2016

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Disagree on 3 and less than 2 on the first drive ....you ride the guy you rested and the reason you were there in the first place...you don't throw a 10 yard slant...from there the game unraveled...we don't need to debate this I understand and respect you have a different opinion....I just have a different one..
Not using him on a play isn't the same as not riding him. If you give Zeke the ball on 3rd and 2 every time the play becomes less successful. Don't get me wrong Zeke was great against stacked boxes but so too was our short passing gaming with chain movers in Beasley and Witten.

Had the play been successful we are never talking about it again and instead you're complaining about some other play in hindsight.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Getting hurt over a joke a stranger makes on the interwebz - a joke not aimed at you personally - is pretty sad. Just saying.
Define hurt? I'm not homosexual. I am not losing sleep over this. It also didn't take up a lot ofy personal time to respond. I mentioned it was a joke in poor taste. Because it was.

You may find it funny. I don't. And silence is tacit support.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
OK I don't think we are far apart.
I will be brave and say that if either Zeke or Dak would of stepped into that 2015 season they would of been whole lot more successful than their counterpart on the team in 2015, but together well we seen what that becomes in 2016
Zeke w/o question. Dak not so sure esp with Dez out the whole year basically.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Not using him on a play isn't the same as not riding him. If you give Zeke the ball on 3rd and 2 every time the play becomes less successful. Don't get me wrong Zeke was great against stacked boxes but so too was our short passing gaming with chain movers in Beasley and Witten.

Had the play been successful we are never talking about it again and instead you're complaining about some other play in hindsight.
Nope not complaining...pointing out the fact. You can add the coaching staff not being prepared as well. Like I said we have two different opinions on the matter.