Twitter: Zeke Elliott on what he wants to improve in 2017

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Zeke loves to party, but he also loves to work.

2k yards might be attainable if he actually has to play all 16 games next year

Doubt it. He would need to have just shy of 400 carries to accomplish that using last year's ypc as a frame of reference.

Macnalty

Reaction score
So glad America's Team drafted Zeke last year.

Zeke's gaming winning run against the Squealers last season was just awesome.

I still think about that last run over and over.

Looking forward to another productive season from him.

This picture of Ben and the Offensive Coordinator watching Zeke do his thing never fails to put a smile on my face.

eV9wXxt.jpg

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I am excited for Zeke this season and the whole team taking a step forward... I really think he brought a new life to this team with a visible confidence we haven't had in a long time.. The energy on offense is polarizing....

T-RO

Reaction score
Perhaps, but as much as we rested him I expected more. Maybe he should've had all the touches they were forcing to Butler as well.

We punted twice the whole damn game plus the 1 turnover. One of those punts came because of that screwball penalty refs conjured up on Butler. I'd say the offense was just fine.

Zeke averaged a very productive 5.7 yards per rush. But the passing game was more productive, at 8 yards per play.

T-RO

Reaction score
For the season, Elliott had 23 more carries more than any running back in the league. The notion we should have loaded him up even more reaks of ignorance.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I was very disappointed that he got that little touches in the playoffs, and I do mean in the passing game also. I was looking forward to him getting more come playoff time, and it just didn't happen. I don't care if we were behind, he should've gotten more touches in the passing game which is why I actually enjoy this post.

Second, I was actually thinking about this the other day, I was sooooo tired of him getting tackled by the last line of defense, usually a safety. I'm very happy to hear that he sees that cause to me, other than the staff getting him more involved in the passing game, thats the thing that needs to improve the most. Also its the biggest hole in his game that he can actually improve on himself without the staff.

It took only two games for him to adjust at the line of scrimmage, but at the second level he never was really able to adjust at all, he would just run right into them. Almost like he was just excited to be there and forgot everything else. Several of his runs could've been alot longer with better play at the second level by Zeke.

I'm actually really excited to hear that he recognizes it, I can sleep happy now.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
He coached scared. You saw it with Zeke and you saw it with the vacation he gave the team in the season finale.

It's not about individual accomplishment. You have to use your talent to maximize the success of the team. Jimmy Johnson would have never even considered taking Emmitt Smith off the field on 3rd downs and one series a half. It's gutless, safe space, 2017 thinking.

It's why I'll never, ever defend the ginger again. Even if he's being unfairly criticized. He proved to me last year he's a spineless, gutless fraud.

Eric Dickerson still holds that record because of one man. Jason Garrett. And the thinking that went behind that also led the Cowboys to being one and done in the playoffs. It's why they started slow, why they fell behind, why they came up short.
http://i459.***BLOCKED***/albums/qq317/RynieRynie/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20170509-030001_zpsylayp5wh.jpg

fishspill

Reaction score
For the season, Elliott had 23 more carries more than any running back in the league. The notion we should have loaded him up even more reaks of ignorance.
It could say more about how the players are utilized than anything, but Zeke is significantly out snapped by Johnson, Bell, and Murray. He gets the carries no doubt. I'd rather he be out there more if only to do other things or threaten the defense.

Maybe I'm a fool but David Johnson taking 250 more snaps in a season than Zeke seems wrong.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
We didn't rest him in the playoffs.

He got 23 touches in a game at went down 3 scores early. That showed a commitment to riding him.
Disagree on 3 and less than 2 on the first drive ....you ride the guy you rested and the reason you were there in the first place...you don't throw a 10 yard slant...from there the game unraveled...we don't need to debate this I understand and respect you have a different opinion....I just have a different one..

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Yeah especially when you consider the sorry excuse for an oline and talent he had to play behind at Mississippi and yet accomplished so much
It's too bad all those qbs that we had play in 2015 didn't have the same good circumstances ;)
Zeke wasn't there and no way can you compare Dmac to him...not even worth the letters to type it...Zeke by himself is the difference..

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Can we quit with the "children's game" description when we refer to sports? These are not "children's games", they are grown man games also played by kids.