Zeke for Clowney

jsb357

Reaction score
I don't like the Zeke is going about this but...

NO CLOWNEY...

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
They don't. By all reports they offered him a deal that would make him "Top 5" at is position even though he would have signed the most recent deal.

That's as good a giveaway as possible about their views on his relative talent.

Or that is negotiation tactics and has nothing to do with what they think about his skill set. Which is more likely than your theory by a long shot.

Fact is I have followed you for a while, and mostly you are very accurate with your assessments. But your value of a running back is like that country song Achy Breaky Heart. No matter where you'd go you'd hear the same song over and over.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Many Cowboys fans say yes.

Texans obviously say no though.
So, the Cowboys, who have a run oriented offense, would give up perhaps the best RB in the NFL because they don’t feel they can afford him, AND throw in a mid round draft pick to boot, in exchange for a guy who has less time remaining on his current contract than Zeke, who won't sign a franchise tag, who has in the past been questioned for taking too many plays off and who will cost even more than Zeke would and therefore be less affordable ....

I’m missing the logic.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So, the Cowboys, who have a run oriented offense, would give up perhaps the best RB in the NFL because they don’t feel they can afford him, AND throw in a mid round draft pick to boot, in exchange for a guy who has less time remaining on his current contract than Zeke, who won't sign a franchise tag, who has in the past been questioned for taking too many plays off and who will cost even more than Zeke would and therefore be less affordable ....

I’m missing the logic.

This isn't about what the Cowboys would do. You said Cowboys fans.

The Cowboys are a run oriented team, and they would continue to run the ball. That wouldn't change.

I guess you are missing the point.

Zeke isn't looking to play without an extension, amount of years left does not matter at that point. So scratch that.

The point here is trading a elite RB who will cost $15M+ a year and a mid round pick for a elite edge rusher who will play on the tag this year then likely cost $20M after. And the difference in positional output between an elite RB and elite edge is way more than $5M. Hope that clears it up.

And LMAO off at "has been questioned to take plays off in the past" hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahah

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just trying to help you but if you are so in love with your own opinion then go with god and have a good day.

Go away you are just being a moronic troll now.
I thought you said you were out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Go away you are just being a moronic troll now.
I thought you said you were out.
Now you are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Go love your own opinion and stop letting me live rent-free in your head. :muttley:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Zeke and a mid round pick for Clowney. Who says no?
Me.
Clowney is lazy. I've said ever since he refused to play for Bama and opted for South Carolina that he didn't want to work hard.
He has extreme talent, but he doesn't play up to it because he's lazy. You're playing opposite J.J. Watt, and you can't register double digit sacks?
And he's injury prone too?
Uh, no.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now you are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Go love your own opinion and stop letting me live rent-free in your head. :muttley:

Then stop responding when there is no need to respond.
And you were never in my head, I do not allow such crap. :laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don't disagree but NO WAY Dallas would pay two DEs over $100M. Houston won't even do it and they already have Clowney with Watt.
the question is if Clowney is all that...if he is, then paying 40 M total for DEs, vs. 35+ for a DE and RB....what's better for the team...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People don't want to pay Zeke because of what a moron he is. Nothing to do with on field production. Why is it so difficult for some of you to comprehend that?

shame-finger.jpg

slick325

Reaction score
the question is if Clowney is all that...if he is, then paying 40 M total for DEs, vs. 35+ for a DE and RB....what's better for the team...

For a run 1st team...the DE/RB combo until the $40M man is good enough to carry the whole load. No way I do RB by committee unless the QB is ready to be Mahomes.

If I had Mahomes, then, I'd gladly have Jerry pay Tank and Watt over $100M each since teams would be passing to catch up.