News: Zeke Granted a Temporary Restraining Order **merged**

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
My best guess is probably until our season has turned around and we are in a win and you’re in situation.

In the back of your mind, you have to think the league would just love to stick it to us with a playoff run on the line. Part of me wants to just concede but fight on. We have little room for error.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with Zeke’s intentions to fight for his innocence. I just wish the team didn’t have to pay such a heavy price. In fact, I would argue that it has become such a distraction, that his career in Dallas may be ruined.

Respectfully disagree. Good teams can overcome. The Pats went 12-4 with all the Brady legal issues (plastered all over the media) in 2015 which went on for an entire year. Then went 3-1 without him with to begin last season. The team still has to play as a unit despite one single player's issues.

chagus

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. Good teams can overcome. The Pats went 12-4 with all the Brady legal issues (plastered all over the media) in 2015 which went on for an entire year. Then went 3-1 without him with to begin last season. The team still has to play as a unit despite one single player's issues.
I agree with this. Its the mark of a well COACHED team.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
With all due respect, you're wrong. Zeke will serve the 6 games per the CBA, it's just a matter of when. Once all the appeals are exhausted, he'll miss 6 games.
I think you are still believing that this article 46 will take precedence in this case, but in reality 3 judges have already questioned the fundamental fairness of Zeke's case. This last judge flat out said the NFL is mistaken if they believe that the results of Brady's case gave them absolute power to disregard fairness. I predict Zeke will prevail here personally.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Judge Fallia will hear the PI when she returns from vacation. She is an Obama appointee so you would think she is pro union.

Zeke might actually have a chance here.
I’d argue also pro for injecting her opinion and instituting fairness over letter of the law with no interpretation. Also, siding with individuals over corporations.

Last edited:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm to the point of just wanting to let Zeke serve the suspension and get it over with. Its going to be hard for him to focus with this hanging over his head and watch him get suspended at the tail end of the season when we are making a playoff push.

On the other hand, I'm for fighting it since the nfl hasn't come out with any real evidence to show he is guilty and he would be in a situation where he could face a lifetime ban for something he didn't do.
If he is innocent and with everything he has admitted to and everything we have read I personally believe he is...you fight to the death to clear your name as a man vs this allegation. Personally I don't think this whole court crap is weighing on him as much as the allegation. If you don't think this allegation has already effected how others perceive him and treat him you would be sorely mistaken. Zeke isn't the reason this team is 2-3 or this situation is the reason he is off to a bad start. I posted in the tweet takes last week this OL is the worst in football at allowing contact before the line of scrimmage on run plays...worst. I don't care who you are if there are 2 or more defenders waiting for you after you get the handoff you aren't going to go very far. Sorry...back to my point...I stated this several months ago and I will stick by it regardless of the outcome. If he is innocent then you fight until you can no longer fight. His employment status and who he works for is irrelevant.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
i wouldn't be so sure about that, the next step is to argue for the preliminary injunction in front of Judge Fallia, who is rumored to be a liberal / democratic leaning judge (not great for the NFL)

i think he has a good chance of playing the rest of the season

i've never got the reasoning that because she leans left it would be good for zeke. if anything, she's more likely want him punished for what in her mind is probable DV. i don't think she'll be good for him.

HanD

Reaction score
i've never got the reasoning that because she leans left it would be good for zeke. if anything, she's more likely want him punished for what in her mind is probable DV. i don't think she'll be good for him.

VERY generally speaking, liberal judges tend to favor labor unions and conservative judges tend to favor management is what i've been reading, but i haven't even slept at a holiday inn express recently.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think you are still believing that this article 46 will take precedence in this case, but in reality 3 judges have already questioned the fundamental fairness of Zeke's case. This last judge flat out said the NFL is mistaken if they believe that the results of Brady's case gave them absolute power to disregard fairness. I predict Zeke will prevail here personally.

I agree, the issue of fundamental fairness makes this a whole different case.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
VERY generally speaking, liberal judges tend to favor labor unions and conservative judges tend to favor management is what i've been reading, but i haven't even slept at a holiday inn express recently.

yeah, totally get that a liberal judge will rule against a corp. vs. union. but also will rule in favor of accuser of DV vs. accused. not that this is ruling "for the accuser," but it essentially is. will be interesting.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

Yea well the Pats have one of the greatest HCs of all time and the Cowboys have...well...they have talking head that is still learning how to coach.

Garrett had a chance to prove his worth in 2015 and failed miserably.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score

True and Qb is much more difficult to replace.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
There is a time one must fight. I saw a comment made by someone yesterday (not on this board). He referenced Elliott as an "animal." Of course, this is the Internet and a great many folks write a great many stupid things. But this is a fight worth whatever trouble and money it costs. Two people know whether Elliott is guilty -- he and his accuser. Virtually ever scintilla of evidence supports Elliott. Surely we are not at the point at which any one of us is comfortable with justice meted merely on the basis of accusation.

Roger Goodell has proven himself hypocritical and craven in his pursuit of league image. He has also proven himself incompetent. But we have contributed to this obscene circus. We reference "The Shield" as if the NFL were some noble, righteous institution above any other business. It is merely a business that produces a product we enjoy. We have allowed the NFL to take on an image far beyond its being. And in doing so we have allowed the conversation to become muddled.

Elliott is far from perfect. I am far from perfect. But he is a young man being branded as abhorrent over a specific circumstance when there is scant evidence of his guilt. We do not say that because a man has failed to pay a credit card he must then be tried for murder. We do not assume that a person has told the truth merely because of gender, color, religion or occupation. We weigh the evidence.

If Elliott is innocent of these accusations, as the evidence clearly suggests, better the Cowboys lose every game for three seasons than that he be forced to wear a scarlet letter for the rest of his life. Our entertainment doesn't trump his responsibility to himself and his family to protect his reputation.

Zeke Elliott could squat on The Shield and take a dump and he would not have soiled it as much as it's been soiled by the Goodell regime and the owners who have enabled this power-hungry egomaniac in pursuit of the almighty dollar.