News: Zeke Granted a Temporary Restraining Order **merged**

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Zeke will get his PI, the real threat is when the NFL appeals the ruling to the 2nd circuit.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I don’t disagree with Zeke’s intentions to fight for his innocence. I just wish the team didn’t have to pay such a heavy price. In fact, I would argue that it has become such a distraction, that his career in Dallas may be ruined. I’m sure I stand on an island on this, but if I were the Cowboys organization, I would consider trading him. Not just because of this issue, but the accumulation of issues that Zeke has had during his time in Dallas. For being such a difference maker last year, he’s making a difference of a different kind this season. Yes I do believe that Zeke’s problems have become a team distraction and this is contributing to the 2-3 record.
You'd not even get a 1st for him at this point. He's worth more to Dallas than any other team in the league. You double down and hope he get's his head on right.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Maybe- but I would fight it as well if I were him. This was a railroad job from day one and if he/his team has the opportunity to litigate this in a courtroom I believe he has a real shot at winning. This is NOT the Brady case.
I agree, he has to fight it on a personal level, there is dichotomy between what is his right and the probable detrimental team impact of standing up for those rights, but it's irrelevant to Zeke.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is a time one must fight. I saw a comment made by someone yesterday (not on this board). He referenced Elliott as an "animal." Of course, this is the Internet and a great many folks write a great many stupid things. But this is a fight worth whatever trouble and money it costs. Two people know whether Elliott is guilty -- he and his accuser. Virtually ever scintilla of evidence supports Elliott. Surely we are not at the point at which any one of us is comfortable with justice meted merely on the basis of accusation.

Roger Goodell has proven himself hypocritical and craven in his pursuit of league image. He has also proven himself incompetent. But we have contributed to this obscene circus. We reference "The Shield" as if the NFL were some noble, righteous institution above any other business. It is merely a business that produces a product we enjoy. We have allowed the NFL to take on an image far beyond its being. And in doing so we have allowed the conversation to become muddled.

Elliott is far from perfect. I am far from perfect. But he is a young man being branded as abhorrent over a specific circumstance when there is scant evidence of his guilt. We do not say that because a man has failed to pay a credit card he must then be tried for murder. We do not assume that a person has told the truth merely because of gender, color, religion or occupation. We weigh the evidence.

If Elliott is innocent of these accusations, as the evidence clearly suggests, better the Cowboys lose every game for three seasons than that he be forced to wear a scarlet letter for the rest of his life. Our entertainment doesn't trump his responsibility to himself and his family to protect his reputation.

Zeke Elliott could squat on The Shield and take a dump and he would not have soiled it as much as it's been soiled by the Goodell regime and the owners who have enabled this power-hungry egomaniac in pursuit of the almighty dollar.
Exactly.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. Good teams can overcome. The Pats went 12-4 with all the Brady legal issues (plastered all over the media) in 2015 which went on for an entire year. Then went 3-1 without him with to begin last season. The team still has to play as a unit despite one single player's issues.

Fair enough. I’m willing to give Zeke the benefit of the doubt for the season. As someone else said, we are basically stuck with him for this season. But if the Cowboys end up with a losing record this season, I’m sure there will be questions about Zeke’s contribution to this.

I hope Zeke can turn it around and prove everybody wrong. That would be awesome!!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You'd not even get a 1st for him at this point. He's worth more to Dallas than any other team in the league. You double down and hope he get's his head on right.
I'd take a 2nd or 3rd for him right now if not for the dead money.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
what kind of insane kangaroo court would remand the case right back to the entity that intentionally suppressed evidence and testimony and acted unfairly in the first place?

that is complete insanity, the textbook definition as a matter of fact

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read.

I could say some judges are more likely to rule according to the law, and others are more likely to abdicate their duty and rule based on what they want, but this isn't the place to get into that.
It's not the place to get into it also largely because you're wrong in your characterization.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'd take a 2nd or 3rd for him right now if not for the dead money.
thank god for dead money........that is a terrible idea....... Simple Jack wouldn't make that trade

kSlhQOe7.jpg

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
There is a time one must fight. I saw a comment made by someone yesterday (not on this board). He referenced Elliott as an "animal." Of course, this is the Internet and a great many folks write a great many stupid things. But this is a fight worth whatever trouble and money it costs. Two people know whether Elliott is guilty -- he and his accuser. Virtually ever scintilla of evidence supports Elliott. Surely we are not at the point at which any one of us is comfortable with justice meted merely on the basis of accusation.

Roger Goodell has proven himself hypocritical and craven in his pursuit of league image. He has also proven himself incompetent. But we have contributed to this obscene circus. We reference "The Shield" as if the NFL were some noble, righteous institution above any other business. It is merely a business that produces a product we enjoy. We have allowed the NFL to take on an image far beyond its being. And in doing so we have allowed the conversation to become muddled.

Elliott is far from perfect. I am far from perfect. But he is a young man being branded as abhorrent over a specific circumstance when there is scant evidence of his guilt. We do not say that because a man has failed to pay a credit card he must then be tried for murder. We do not assume that a person has told the truth merely because of gender, color, religion or occupation. We weigh the evidence.

If Elliott is innocent of these accusations, as the evidence clearly suggests, better the Cowboys lose every game for three seasons than that he be forced to wear a scarlet letter for the rest of his life. Our entertainment doesn't trump his responsibility to himself and his family to protect his reputation.

Zeke Elliott could squat on The Shield and take a dump and he would not have soiled it as much as it's been soiled by the Goodell regime and the owners who have enabled this power-hungry egomaniac in pursuit of the almighty dollar.
Bingo.

:hammer:

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Nobody discussing how the nfl is reportedly trying to reach a settlement?

Jon machota

Sources: Ezekiel Elliott's team, NFL have discussed the possibility of a settlement p.d-news.co/lqez via @DavidMooreDMN