RELEASED Zeke has been released

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Bull was to your comment that it didn't matter if Zeke was the rushing leader. There's so much wrong with that statement it's not even worth discussing. If you don't like Zeke, never liked Zeke just say so, others have already said so, since the day he was drafted, nothing new if you're one of them.
It doesn't matter because RBs with the most carries usually have the most yards. Duh. It becomes even more likely when the leading rusher has 40+ carries on the RB behind them.

Are you suggesting Barkley's season wasn't better than Zeke's?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It doesn't matter because RBs with the most carries usually have the most yards. Duh. It becomes even more likely when the leading rusher has 40+ carries on the RB behind them.

Are you suggesting Barkley's season wasn't better than Zeke's?
As we all know (or should) stats are a general guideline to a player's performance and value. Both had good seasons, but Zeke is in the record books for most yards in the season, there's no asterisk because he had more carries.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
As we all know (or should) stats are a general guideline to a player's performance and value. Both had good seasons, but Zeke is in the record books for most yards in the season, there's no asterisk because he had more carries.
Zeke had 1,400 yards with 300+ carries and a whopping 6 TDs. It's not exactly a feat. If anything, 2018 was a down year for RBs with only about 5 getting over 1,000 yards. The next season, with Zeke having nearly the same amount of yards with similar amount of carries, he was 4th in rushing yards. It's simply not a very impressive stat. Looking at what Barkley did with his rushing attempts is more impressive.

There is rushing leaders and then there are rushing leaders. You have 2018 rushing leader Zeke and then you have Adrian Peterson's 2012 season, or much more recently, Derrick Henry's 2020 when he averaged 5.4 YPC, 17 TDs, and 2,027 yards on 378 carries.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There is rushing leaders and then there are rushing leaders

I repeat, there are no aseteriks in the record books for the rushing leader in a particular year.

So what if others have done better than Zeke in other years? Does that mean that only Eric Dickerson had a good year rushing, as he has the reccord for yards in a season? Or that only Emmitt was a great running back because he has more yards and rushing tds than any other running back?

You are entirely missing the point when I said that Zeke won the rushing title in 2018, it has nothing to do with other backs in the same or other years. Just tell me this, as far as the record books show, was Zeke the rushing champion (which is based on yards in the season) in 2018?

Yes or no, there is no other answer to the question. YES OR NO?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I repeat, there are no aseteriks in the record books for the rushing leader in a particular year.

So what if others have done better than Zeke in other years? Does that mean that only Eric Dickerson had a good year rushing, as he has the reccord for yards in a season? Or that only Emmitt was a great running back because he has more yards and rushing tds than any other running back?

You are entirely missing the point when I said that Zeke won the rushing title in 2018, it has nothing to do with other backs in the same or other years. Just tell me this, as far as the record books show, was Zeke the rushing champion (which is based on yards in the season) in 2018?

Yes or no, there is no other answer to the question. YES OR NO?
And I'm saying you are removing context from Zeke's "rushing yards leader" to prop him up - when given full context, it's simply not as impressive.

An RB with 300+ carries, 1,400 yards, and 6 TDs just isn't elite numbers. He was force fed despite showing signs of slowing down - you can look at his longest runs throughout the season, his burst was gone and it just got worse after that.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
And I'm saying you are removing context from Zeke's "rushing yards leader" to prop him up - when given full context, it's simply not as impressive.

An RB with 300+ carries, 1,400 yards, and 6 TDs just isn't elite numbers. He was force fed despite showing signs of slowing down - you can look at his longest runs throughout the season, his burst was gone and it just got worse after that.
So you can't answer a simple question, got it.