RELEASED Zeke has been released

quickccc

Reaction score
how about if he worked hard in off season and never lose it to begin with?
Once you lose it , it is hard to "get it back"
In 16 he could run down the line and turn the corner with his speed, then in 2017 he could no longer do that.
He had good time during offseason instead of working , so he faded away quickly
Do we fans really know how hard he did work in offseason in an effort to never lose it to begin with ?

Is ZKE supposed to report to us fans of his offseason regiment ?

Praxit

Reaction score
..just wow!. I think he did not want to take pay cut. What a moron.

Its obvious, he's not same back from few years ago.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Sorry dude, but Emmitt was a class act, warrior and the heart of a champion.

Zeke was not on his level, and not worthy of the same level of sadness to his departure.

Zeke put himself first, Emmit put the cowboys first, sad zeke is done but he did not earn anything close to what Emmit did.
Zeke is a class act as well. I don't get how one has the gull to tell some else how to feel about a player. It is like a stranger telling someone don't cry at the funeral cause that person was not that great. Really stupid IMO.

quickccc

Reaction score
how about if he worked hard in off season and never lose it to begin with?
Once you lose it , it is hard to "get it back"
In 16 he could run down the line and turn the corner with his speed, then in 2017 he could no longer do that.
He had good time during offseason instead of working , so he faded away quickly
Wasn't Zeke suspended 6 games in 2017 by Judge Dredd Goodell ..?

Didn't 2017 season included a game vs Niners with a homerun breakaway TD where he flew right by the Niners defense
off one of those patented RB screens that Linehan loved to use him with ?

After 2017 year, from what I understood, the Cowboys wanted him to bulk up more so that they could really place the big heavy load
on Zeke much more than ever .... running, receiving, blocking .. and even he himself said ate in the season how he was really sore.

And backup Rod Smith was so very useless that the club felt they could not afford to keep Zeke of the field.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wasn't Zeke suspended 6 games in 2017 by Judge Dredd Goodell ..?

Didn't 2017 season included a game vs Niners with a homerun breakaway TD where he flew right by the Niners defense
off one of those patented RB screens that Linehan loved to use him with ?

After 2017 year, from what I understood, the Cowboys wanted him to bulk up more so that they could really place the big heavy load
on Zeke much more than ever .... running, receiving, blocking .. and even he himself said ate in the season how he was really sore.

And backup Rod Smith was so very useless that the club felt they could not afford to keep Zeke of the field.
I dont remember , it is possible he still had enough speed to break one
the Cowboys wanted him to bulk up more.......... entirely possible, which is a mistake because he loses the speed with a bulk up.
Henry is one of the few big backs, that still has good speed. but I think he worked hard to have that speed, as big as he is.

I also think elliot was a victim of the soft culture on jerrys teams.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Zeke was a back who got force fed behind a great O-Line. Never understood the adoration for this guy. Knucklehead off the filed too.

Good riddance.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Zeke is a class act as well. I don't get how one has the gull to tell some else how to feel about a player. It is like a stranger telling someone don't cry at the funeral cause that person was not that great. Really stupid IMO.
Zeke was accused of assault and the had a video released of him drunk and forcefully blocking a woman who clearly did not want to sit there and argue with him while he could barely stand. Not to mention, he's had at least 2-3 incidents at clubs where multiple witnesses said he knocked out a DJ AND nearly got into a brawl if Dak wasn't there to calm him down.

Nothing about Zeke is a "class act" - he got himself suspended and helped hurt the team and lucky he didn't get another one.

scottsp

Reaction score
The FO said all the right things, as they tend to do with players/coaches they like. But they were always going to make this cut, as they should.

Zeke may have something left in the tank, but I doubt very seriously he’s going to command much in the market. Someone could get him on the cheap as a move for depth, which likely won’t happen until after the draft. Maybe closer to the summer.

I wish Zeke the best. Plenty of life to live after football. That said, I’m excited to be moving on.

One can only hope the team keeps Pollard on the one-year deal and avoids repeating the same mistake at this position.

erod

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if the market doesn't offer what he wants, that he ends up back here on a minimal deal.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post in this historic thread once again! I'm so happY!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Do we fans really know how hard he did work in offseason in an effort to never lose it to begin with ?

Is ZKE supposed to report to us fans of his offseason regiment ?
no and no.
But using logic and deduction you can see he didnt work hard in offseason. I also think he was smoking you know what,
which was bad in that he is an athlete.
I think that is why for awhile he had to have excessive rest on the sidelines.
Just all speculation on my part though.

Jipper

Reaction score
What makes zeke a "class act? I didn't see the same level of class behavior from him that I saw of emmit.

Also, this is a forum, people have opinions and i stated mine and completely disagree with the statement that zeke is a class act...chill out dude

quickccc

Reaction score
I dont remember , it is possible he still had enough speed to break one
the Cowboys wanted him to bulk up more.......... entirely possible, which is a mistake because he loses the speed with a bulk up.
Henry is one of the few big backs, that still has good speed. but I think he worked hard to have that speed, as big as he is.

I also think elliot was a victim of the soft culture on jerrys teams.
Henry was born and gifted with that speed. ..and he was always a bulky big back. ..

More so, he along with Adrian Peterson, Jerome Bettis and Ladanian Thomplinson were the only most recent
greats that took so much pounding but still manage to stay on a very high level for so very long.- despite their coaches forcing them to
be ground and pound bell cows.
AP tore his ACL and still manage to remarkably bounce back to elite form.
Frank Gore had both ACL knees but surprisingly he is among all time NFL leading rushers.

But we saw great backs such ZKE, Chris Johnson (4.24 speed) and Shady McCoy get flat beaten to a pulp, and quickly become
just a mere shell of themselves.

Athletes physical makeup varies.
But a great number of coaches tend to make RBs their security blanket and comfort zone and they
persist on pounding on them....even if it means flat wearing them out ..

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm sure some will say, take Dak with you. Hahaha

Man, these guys are doing such great shows now. It's awesome to see a network that cares about the quality of their coverage, unlike the Skip Bayless nonsense.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Sorry dude, but Emmitt was a class act, warrior and the heart of a champion.

Zeke was not on his level, and not worthy of the same level of sadness to his departure.

Zeke put himself first, Emmit put the cowboys first, sad zeke is done but he did not earn anything close to what Emmit did.
Smith put the team first when he held out for more money?

Who knew.....