Zeke has one more season in Dallas

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Transition him to FB. You'll overpay him next year in that role but then you resign him to a deal more in line with his role after that. You'd be extending his career and giving us the best FB in the league and a great duo in the backfield at the same time.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shame how folks can be ungrateful on this level sometimes.
Zeke has carried this team since 2016.
Defenses still have 1st priority is to stop ZEKE and dare Dak to beat them.
The dude is burnt and beat up and is unable to save our weak passing attack further.
We only win when Zeke has over 100 yards so verification of the above is confirmed.
Does anyone remember those 6 games we played without Zeke?
How our offense went 15 str8 Quarters of football without a 1 TD!!!
Yes, Zeke is done time to get a new HB to carry our inept Passing attack that no defense fears.

Gaede

Reaction score
Zeke really was smart to get that contract. Kudos to him. Seriously. That showed a lot of foresight and intelligence.

Cmac

Reaction score
makes me appreciate Emmitt even more. Emmitt was a great running back but more than anything his durability was what amazed me. They just don’t make them like that anymore, safe to say his record is safe.
Love Emmitt, but makes me appreciate the OL he ran behind. They still make them like that, if only our scouting department could do more than stack up per diem.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Zeke will be a on the roster next year, but he is no longer capable of being a lead back in the NFL. His body is failing from significant wear and tear during his Collegiate and Pro careers.

conner01

Reaction score
He was performing well before the PCL tear. Let’s wait and see how he trains/recovers in the off season
He was but we are talking about another year of wear before we have to make that decision assuming we don’t restructure him
We have no choice but restructure guys this off season but he’s one I would not do
Then it leaves you options because I too think his best years are behind him and I don’t won’t to be stuck with him 2-3 more years
He will be back next year as the starter but we do need to use pollard more

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Be prepared to see Dallas restructure his contract to get some cap relief. Of course this means Zeke will be around a few more years.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We always operate under the assumption that our players will come back next year and do even better. On a macro level the realty is that most NFL players will come back and do worse. Just look at this year as a micro level example. Zeke was showing us game after game that he could not get the job done. Did we care. No we didn't. We just kept doing the same thing game after game until it was all over.

Flamma

Reaction score

stinkface

Reaction score
I think he is gone. Cap hit be damned. You can't have that kind of production out of your lead back on a team that has to run the football to succeed. Look at his production since he signed the new contract. It ain't much. Bottom line is he hasn't come close to living up to the second contract. Running backs are out there without having to go high in the draft. Its the most interchangeable position in football. PS. Case in point the Running back (Barkley) with the Giant. What a waste of a high draft pick and another one that didn't live up to his contract. He will be gone this off season.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Pollard in a contract year next year and Zeke is tied to this team/Dak probably 2 more years.

Unless Zeke is injured worse than he was this year, you’re not going to see Pollard get more snaps than Zeke. Jerry is hellbent that Zeke will produce a HOF pace while on this team.

Sydla

Reaction score
He was performing well before the PCL tear. Let’s wait and see how he trains/recovers in the off season

Stop.

His cap hits going forward are obscene for a TB.

Unless he morphs into Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith/Bo Jackson genetic freak, he needs to go as soon as feasibly possible.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He was but we are talking about another year of wear before we have to make that decision assuming we don’t restructure him
We have no choice but restructure guys this off season but he’s one I would not do
Then it leaves you options because I too think his best years are behind him and I don’t won’t to be stuck with him 2-3 more years
He will be back next year as the starter but we do need to use pollard more[/QUOTE]

No question......Love Zeke, but the speed, quickness Pollard brings is way too obvious. You can see the pace of the offense changes when he's in the game.

Sydla

Reaction score
we can cut him and eat the money to teach us lesson dont ever pay a non generational rb a second contract....now we can pay Pollard second one because he is so good and little wear and tear playing behind Zeke

elevate Rico Dowdle and we will have best tandom in league bar none...plus get one in draft...then hire a dude that can scheme up like shanahan where you cant stop the run no matter how hard you try and then

Dak throw darts to our receivers.....we will win a lot of games...then when playoffs come....all we can hope for is we fired the crummy coaches and got good ones to get us over hump....we can never get over hump

its so embarrassing

They can’t cut him because making him a pre-June 1 cut would require us to eat even more dead money and we are already over the cap.

A June 1 cut would result in zero cap savings.

Sydla

Reaction score
Shame how folks can be ungrateful on this level sometimes.
Zeke has carried this team since 2016.
Defenses still have 1st priority is to stop ZEKE and dare Dak to beat them.
The dude is burnt and beat up and is unable to save our weak passing attack further.
We only win when Zeke has over 100 yards so verification of the above is confirmed.
Does anyone remember those 6 games we played without Zeke?
How our offense went 15 str8 Quarters of football without a 1 TD!!!
Yes, Zeke is done time to get a new HB to carry our inept Passing attack that no defense fears.

So I am confused. We should keep Elliott? Am I missing some sarcasm?

Sydla

Reaction score
I think he is gone. Cap hit be damned. You can't have that kind of production out of your lead back on a team that has to run the football to succeed. Look at his production since he signed the new contract. It ain't much. Bottom line is he hasn't come close to living up to the second contract. Running backs are out there without having to go high in the draft. Its the most interchangeable position in football. PS. Case in point the Running back (Barkley) with the Giant. What a waste of a high draft pick and another one that didn't live up to his contract. He will be gone this off season.

Again the Cowboys are already 13 million OVER THE CAP.

Cutting him per-June 1 would require us to eat more dead money causing us to be around 30 million over the cap. You could make him a June 1 cut which results in zero net cap savings.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Again the Cowboys are already 13 million OVER THE CAP.

Cutting him per-June 1 would require us to eat more dead money causing us to be around 30 million over the cap. You could make him a June 1 cut which results in zero net cap savings.
Looks to me as if it's only doable under a post June 1 trade.

The salary of 12.4 million is already guaranteed.

You'd probably have to attach pick 24 to entice a rebuilding team to take him on.

There's no other way....but fret not....all those workout videos are coming, and Jerry will put his ridiculous spin on it.

I've never seen a contract with such an awful structure. Absolutely uncuttable for four years.

For a RUNNING BACK.

We should probably all be a little less surprised when this team can't get it done considering who runs it.