Zeke has one more season in Dallas

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Can't cut him yet. Cap hit is too big. Feature Tony Pollard next season and have Zeke the change of pace back.

I'll say this. Zeke, on his end was brilliant for holding out to get his contract. Had he played on the current contract at the time, he would have never gotten another big contract like he did in Dallas. Kudos to him but it hurt Dallas in the long run.
Everybody who has a pulse knows this needs to happen, and anybody who has been a Cowboys fan since JJ bought the team knows it will also never happen

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’ll have to fall apart next season to be cut. I think most people on this team (including coaches) have two more seasons to prove their worth. 2024 off-season could be a bloodbath if we don’t see some playoff wins soon.

stinkface

Reaction score
Again the Cowboys are already 13 million OVER THE CAP.

Cutting him per-June 1 would require us to eat more dead money causing us to be around 30 million over the cap. You could make him a June 1 cut which results in zero net cap savings.
Did not realize it was that crazy. Well, we sound like we are screwed in that case.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Signing Zeke and Dak are examples of Jerry’smismanagement of the team and his desperate need to win a Super Bowl each year for 26 years.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
Zeke was a terrible pick (Ramsey was the obvious pick there) and giving him a fat contract was doubling down on the mistake (and ignoring the lesson Gurley's contract taught the league). The offensive line was stacked in 2016 and they didn't need a RB. Heck, they had zero QB play the season before and McFadden still ran for over 1,000 yards behind that line (averaging 4.6 YPC).

Sydla

Reaction score
Prepare yourself for this, folks.

They could restructure Elliott's contract, kicking more money into the future with the hope that either Elliott finds himself again (LOL) or the cap explodes and they can absorb the ridiculous cap hits Elliott will have 2-3 years from now.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You guys must be forgetting how cute it was when Zeke popped out of the kettle. That is worth decades of misery right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Can't cut him yet. Cap hit is too big. Feature Tony Pollard next season and have Zeke the change of pace back.

I'll say this. Zeke, on his end was brilliant for holding out to get his contract. Had he played on the current contract at the time, he would have never gotten another big contract like he did in Dallas. Kudos to him but it hurt Dallas in the long run.
I agree. I think Zeke is pretty much done. too slow. and he needs to put on about 10-15 pounds and become a fullback. he can block really well and he can get some short yardage as a full back

CCBoy

Reaction score
Worn down, inept, flash -in-the-pan, all panicking fan terms for this player. Zeke Ellis has to be given a stronger role that will remain shared with Pollard. Money will influence this decision. He'll be back. Fan griping or not.

Ken

Reaction score

I would cut him and draft someone in the draft that we really like. I don't care about the money, he isn't going to give us enough and is a huge reason for offensive struggles.

But if they don't cut him, i hope they at least relegate him to backup...still need to draft someone.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Love Emmitt, but makes me appreciate the OL he ran behind. They still make them like that, if only our scouting department could do more than stack up per diem.

Larry Allen, Erik Williams, Nate Newton, Mark Stepnoski, Kevin Gogan… we are a long way from that kind of line.

Cmac

Reaction score
Larry Allen, Erik Williams, Nate Newton, Mark Stepnoski, Kevin Gogan… we are a long way from that kind of line.
I'm tearing up visualizing the late great Reggie White (with Green Bay) whine to the Ref that Big E is holding, only to hear......."No Reggie, he blocking you."

6b16c888e7dbd1126bc96f8762dc8afb.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Sadly we know that Zeke will still be featured. But the truth is that he shouldnt even play. We need to draft a new young stud and pair him with Pollard. We can pretty much piss away another season if Zeke is heading up the run game.