Zeke & Henry comparison thus far

Sydla

Reaction score
Guys who don't want to play aren't guys like Zeke that pick up blitzing LBs better than almost any RB in the league. They also don't carry the ball 20 times a game in the NFL so guys like Aaron Donald can tackle them. Zeke's issue Monday is that he fumbled twice for the first time in his five year career. But that isn't about wanting to play.

He's fumbled more than any TB since 2018.

You guys overrate Elliott. He's a good back. That's about it.

Sydla

Reaction score
As TENN is just now finding out, Henry cannot run inside. He needs a runway to get going. If not for his incredible open field running(Best I've ever seen), Henry would not be starting.

OK. The guy who ran for 1500 yards wouldn't be starting if he wasn't a good open field runner.

Sydla

Reaction score
That theory is bunk.

He has just four (4) career runs of 40+ yards and three of those came in 2016.

This isn't a new thing.

And just use your damn eyes. Watch Kamara or McCaffery or Henry or Barkley or a few other guys and just look at how explosive they are relative to Elliott. Elliott is a grind it out TB. Other than his rookie year, he's never shown the kind of home run ability these other guys show. Shoot, watch Pollard run and he looks quicker, faster, more explosive (note Elliott fan boys, I am not saying Pollard should start or is better).

Now I am not saying Elliott is a bad TB. He's still a good TB but people trying to argue this guy is the elite of the elite and we were justified in paying him such a massive contract are letting their Cowboys fandom get in the way of rational thought.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You’re talking about hitting Homeruns in football I know it’s a reference...but no. Zeke doesn’t need to hit a “homerun” in every other game for me to believe he is a good player. Just doesn’t work that way for me.
No, he doesn't need a big play every other game (if that is a better way to state it). The problem is he hasn't had a big play in years. That part of his game has been completely missing.

blumayne38

Reaction score
No, he doesn't need a big play every other game (if that is a better way to state it). The problem is he hasn't had a big play in years. That part of his game has been completely missing.
It has been missing, and his play has been more then horrible. But I still don’t think I’d trade zeke over anyone. I’m actually looking forward to seeing him bounce back if he does...this year. I still think zeke is a really good player that you can build a team around. Just my opinion though. A lot of people think otherwise.

blumayne38

Reaction score
And just use your damn eyes. Watch Kamara or McCaffery or Henry or Barkley or a few other guys and just look at how explosive they are relative to Elliott. Elliott is a grind it out TB. Other than his rookie year, he's never shown the kind of home run ability these other guys show. Shoot, watch Pollard run and he looks quicker, faster, more explosive (note Elliott fan boys, I am not saying Pollard should start or is better).

Now I am not saying Elliott is a bad TB. He's still a good TB but people trying to argue this guy is the elite of the elite and we were justified in paying him such a massive contract are letting their Cowboys fandom get in the way of rational thought.
Pollard runs in fresh legs every time he touches the field. Zeke is a every down back.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
As TENN is just now finding out, Henry cannot run inside. He needs a runway to get going. If not for his incredible open field running(Best I've ever seen), Henry would not be starting.
Look at this play. He gets hit 2-3 yards behind line of scrimmage, bounces off, makes Carr miss 3 yards past the line of scrimmage and then is off to the races. This isn’t needing runway to get going. He created his own runway to turn a loss into a 66 yard run.

Sydla

Reaction score
Pollard runs in fresh legs every time he touches the field. Zeke is a every down back.

Elliott doesn't show that kind of burst early in games either. And guys like McCaffery are every down backs too and they are more explosive.

Elliott isn't an elite back. He's a good, grind it out TB. That's it.

blueblood70

Reaction score

im not going into tear down Henry to make case for Zeke, its not necessary they both are very good backs. There are more then one actually the top 6 backs can all make case for the best..

Its od dour own fans tear down Zeke to try and make case that zeke was mistake and always end up with egg on their face..

zeke has nearly an identical YOC as henry with nearly 300 carries more in the same time span, that nearly a years more carries and nearly identical YPC ,more tds, and more recurving yards, more receiving tds, a better blocker, and still holdup ie never missed game due to injury..

of course zekes numbers have went down , KM changed to pass first pass happy offense , the OL is and has been going down the last 3 seasons and we are playing from behind now all 6 games..Zekes on the field now on about 80% of the snaps compared to 60% because hes being used so much for blocking, the way KM calls plays Zekes been turned into a FB..

if fans are blind to it , well im sorry ill defense him..

the fumbles are unacceptable and hes taken ownership and working to fix it..

I still dont get the constant hate and trollig every chance they get..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooooo, you wanna play w/ some stats, hey? OK.

Before this game, in 4 games Henry was 101/376. That's 3.7 YPC.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo, you been watching Henry waiting for him fiiiiiinally not to suck? I mean, seriously, Henry has not been good this year. That means you're willing to sacrifice 4 games for one great game?
LOL right henry doesnt suk but they were waiting for big game to once again go trolling...

blueblood70

Reaction score
The guy doesnt want to play.

He wants to smoke weed and be a celebrity.

He has no pride in his game whatsoever and is still immature.

He got paid and that's that. Wrong personality to draft. The culture here didnt help. He isnt alone.

His stupid feed me crap after one decent run is ridiculous already....and it embarrasses me as a fan.
thats the biggest piece of trash BS narrative ever.. you are tool as fan and just hate on your own player every chance you get.. sad really..
trash fan

mcmvp

Reaction score
Why don’t you post carries as well? They kind of have something to do with it.

Seriously.

Zeke literally has 500 more touches than Henry so far. Zeke was great, but Henry will last longer. Zeke will hit a wall. It's fine to rely heavily on a RB that you draft that high...it's just insane to give that player a second contract.

aria

Reaction score
How about all career stats and averages?

Career YPC

Zeke: 4.58
Henry: 4.76

Career TD

Zeke: 45
Henry: 44

Career receptions

Zeke: 221
Henry: 65

Career receiving yards

Zeke: 1823
Henry: 662

I think this argument is stupid, because it's apples to oranges, but when you factor in receiving, Zeke absolutely takes a dump on Henry. Henry has been better the last two seasons, but it's not even remotely fair to judge Zeke based on this season. He's running behind undrafted free agents and other hand-me-down linemen.

Ive never understood why so many fans go out of their way to take a dump on players for teams they're supposedly fans of. You'd all rather be right, than root for the Cowboys. Is it any wonder Jerry would rather be right than win. You're all cut from the same cloth.

I also love this typical "what have you done for me lately" BS. Where was Henry when Zeke was dominating the league? Henry has had 1.5 good years and you're all busy with both hands in your pants heavy petting at the thought.

I'm more convinced every day that this team doesn't have any real fans. It has people drawn to the hype and circus--drama queens who are only here to piss and moan and pine for other players and teams. Leave! Go root for someone else. My God it's ridiculous around here.
Again, you have completely failed to mention attempts and carries. If zeke carries the ball 200 times next season with a 5 ypc average and Henry carries it 400 times with a 2 ypc average does that mean zeke is the better RB?

I guess Barkley is clearly the better receiver because he caught more balls and had more passes thrown his way, right?

kskboys

Reaction score
Look at this play. He gets hit 2-3 yards behind line of scrimmage, bounces off, makes Carr miss 3 yards past the line of scrimmage and then is off to the races. This isn’t needing runway to get going. He created his own runway to turn a loss into a 66 yard run.

There's 1.

Watch a TENN game. You'll clearly see what I'm talking about. And this is a known trait of his, not some big secret.

Sydla

Reaction score
There's 1.

Watch a TENN game. You'll clearly see what I'm talking about. And this is a known trait of his, not some big secret.

Really? Got proof of this in the form of analysts saying this?

And at least Henry can get going, even if he needs a "runway". Elliott can't do that. He's just an average footed, methodical back at this point.

kskboys

Reaction score
Really? Got proof of this in the form of analysts saying this?

And at least Henry can get going, even if he needs a "runway". Elliott can't do that. He's just an average footed, methodical back at this point.
Henry is a media favorite. The media analysts won't say it.

It was in his scouting reports, which is what caused him to fall to the 2nd. Also caused his YPC in college to be relatively low.

Honestly, Sydla, watch a TENN game, it's really obvious.

Sydla

Reaction score
Henry is a media favorite. The media analysts won't say it.

It was in his scouting reports, which is what caused him to fall to the 2nd. Also caused his YPC in college to be relatively low.

Honestly, Sydla, watch a TENN game, it's really obvious.

OK, so what's your point? He's not an explosive back like say Kamara or Barkley.

But neither is Elliott at this point. And frankly, Elliott can't rip off a 94 yard TD run like Henry did either.

So where you going with this? The reality is Henry is more effective now than Elliott, costs less money and was acquired with less draft capital.

You Elliott boys are really struggling to admit reality here............. Elliott is not a great back. He's a good back at this point and we are clearly overpaying for a TB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seriously.

Zeke literally has 500 more touches than Henry so far. Zeke was great, but Henry will last longer. Zeke will hit a wall. It's fine to rely heavily on a RB that you draft that high...it's just insane to give that player a second contract.
literally making pro-zeke fans point for us..nearly 400 more carries and yet with that many carries over the same time frame Zekes got career 4.6 YPC avg and henry 4.8

seriously you know how hard it is to keep an average close to the same with 400 more caries, typically averages go down get worse with volume..its nearly identical , zeke has 3 times the receiving yards, 1 more td, 6 more receiving tds, a better blocker etc

he never hurt also part of his worth..

Zekes on the field 80% of the snaps this year vs 60% meaning they are over suing the player as blocking style FB whos also running behind a line no where near 2016 where henry ha snow got line very close to it with a new run philosophy based Offense like we had 2016-2018 and we switched to pass happy KM Boise state offense and are playing from 14-17 points down all the time..kind of hard to run and be efficient at it with these circumstances yet hes holding his own..

no need for the constant hate and trolling making comps that are worthless because they arent sharing snaps on the same team for real comp..Henrys good, zekes good, chubs good, CM is good , Kamara's good, cooks good..yes its ok to have more then one great back playing in the same era, its done all the time..

BTW on Zekes contract the first 2 years hes not been the highest paid RB in the league, hes second..others have got paid , other have got picked high in drafts, zeke one of the ones that still holding his own despite detractors..

give it a rest, hes wearing the star and outside of the recent fumbles, hes doing his job..

Sydla

Reaction score
give it a rest, hes wearing the star and outside of the recent fumbles, hes doing his job..

Well technically his job is to be one of the one to three best TBs in football considering we are paying him the most money for the position.

He's not one of the three best TBs in football.