Video: Zeke holding out? "Trade him" says Cowherd

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Cowherd says anything and everything that's on the hotplate and he thinks he's the smartest man in the room because of it.
Even though he gets so much wrong...

It's a weird thing, feeling you're super-smart because you can open your mouth.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Pay him AFTER his contract is up. Teach these young men to honor their word and commitments. Allowing these delusional kids to break agreements further stunts their maturity.
You gotta teach these kids! I remember the good old days...

giphy.gif

cern

Reaction score
Extend zeke. Prorate the extension with his current deal. Give him the guaranteed money and divide it over several years to lessen the cap hit. This will work best if done soon. I'm sure Stephen is working on it. Dak's new deal can be spread out over a longer time as qb's are less prone to injury. Imo, cooper will be the most difficult deal to iron out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He makes a compelling case.

Two questions:
  1. He says the "Vikings haven't missed the playoffs", who did they play this year, because I missed it?
  2. He keeps talking about "getting this haul" from some team. Please let me know both the haul you think you're getting and the team you're getting it from?
Who is the GM so secure in his job that he will offer up this "haul", then make Zeke the league's highest paid running back, all while clearly having no fear of future suspensions?

Who is that guy?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've said all along that if we can get a 1st rounder for him then trade him. If not then just keep him.

I think we gotta get more then just a first round pick for him but I think we can Catch. Look, if he wants to sit the season and play it that way and we got a decent offer, I'd trade him too. I think he's a great player but I don't see him as a guy who might be here producing at a high level for a really long time. I don't think he's E. Smith.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Jones' will pay Zeke and I feel it will be a mistake in the midterm to long run. I love EZ and fully recognize the value of his contribution to the team, but the Cowboys have to start exploiting the trade value of some of their young stars and keep churning the roster. A first round pick for Zeke is no brainer and someone will pony that up in a heartbeat. Pick up a good, veteran back and platoon him with the new rook or another young player.

Just can't pay a RB Gurley money. If Zeke will take $30M over the next three years and be happy with it, I get that done today.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I've said all along that if we can get a 1st rounder for him then trade him. If not then just keep him.

Zeke Should get paid, in order to do that OL needs to restructure their contracts.
Dak will take a slightly team friendly deal that will help sign Cooper.

#Teamwork.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
This will end up costing you more.
Perhaps so. If it works out better signing him now to an extension then I hope they do it. I just get irritated when I see how people can't just honor their commitments. It is like that quality is all but gone.