Video: Zeke holding out? "Trade him" says Cowherd

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
QB position is not a strength, IMO. We have Dak but we have nothing else. Dak goes down, all that talent goes down with him because we will be a team with one of the most talented rosters in the NFL, easily, but we will still be sitting home.

Coaching is also a weakness. Dak could stay healthy, have a great year, the Defense could be lights out again, Zeke could lead the NFL in rushing again and Cooper could pick right up where he left off and we could still go home early. Coaching is, IMO, this teams biggest weakness and it's not close to me.

JMO

Dak is such a secondary thought for me when it comes to decisions about Zeke. The coaches too.

I like Dak but this big money talk is just foolish. If we get rid of Zeke then that's even more reason to not give him big money.

The question for me is.. Can we win a championship with Garrett coaching this thing? Probably not.. Is Zeke going to be another wasted career? Probably.

So just trade him for high compensation if you can get it.

The cherry on top of all of this is he gets in trouble every offseason. He's only a pro on the field and he's a knucklehead walking around Vegas publicly arguing with some chick that has no pants on after he has DV allegations against him.

Zeke is a great player on my favorite team. He's never won me over as a fan and i'm fine with trading him for a haul.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dak is such a secondary thought for me when it comes to decisions about Zeke. The coaches too.

I like Dak but this big money talk is just foolish. If we get rid of Zeke then that's even more reason to not give him big money.

The question for me is.. Can we win a championship with Garrett coaching this thing? Probably not.. Is Zeke going to be another wasted career? Probably.

So just trade him for high compensation if you can get it.

The cherry on top of all of this is he gets in trouble every offseason. He's only a pro on the field and he's a knucklehead walking around Vegas publicly arguing with some chick that has no pants on after he has DV allegations against him.

Zeke is a great player on my favorite team. He's never won me over as a fan and i'm fine with trading him for a haul.

I understand. I was just commenting on the strengths/weakness' of our team for 2019, as I see them.

As for Zeke, if he does hold out and it creates problems, my stance has not changed. If the situation gets to that point and we get a very attractive offer, I would give real consideration to a trade as well. The guy is a great, great talent but there are other things that cause concern, as mentioned above. It would have to be a really good offer though.

GMO415

Reaction score
I do not believe the EzE party is stupid enough to let him hold out after two years.

If he does, get two 1st roundersf him.

dfense

Reaction score
Zeke's strengths....

Durability
Power running

Zeke's negatives.....

average ypc 18th in the league
self awareness. off-field issues...again
wants big money for average ypc
had as many TD's as the QB.
as many fumbles as TD's
has mileage piling up fast.
takes big hits because of his lack of shiftiness.

Demarco Murray was used up at 1600 carries. Zeke is pushing 900 already.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There you go resorting to using terms like "troll" and "hater". If you think I'm blind towards Daks positive traits you are at least equally blind to his negative.

FYI wins are a team stat, and pro bowls appearances are worthless especially when you get in as an alternate.

It's obvious the Cowboys are taking a step back to reassess Dak and their options in relation to his future.

bubububububububutt………….wawawawawawawins don't count!!!!!

And

papapapapapro bowls dodododododont count!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Not to a troll like you? Because if they did, you would like silly :flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I find myself deeply concerned.

Flashback to three seasons ago and the team's quarterback position. An illogical mass hysteria formed around the belief replacing one quarterback for another quarterback, for any length of time, would destroy both team "chemistry" (magic word) and potential team's success.

Take the tricked out Delorean back to the future. Proposals are being batted around that the front office should consider trading Elliott, who is the league's top running back and amazing offensive weapon (he hauled in 77 freaking passes last year alone). Certainly, Elliott will begin declining at some point but the fall off will not happen in 2019.

So. We have Elliott, who is an essential 'irreplaceable' component of the offense, getting the 'must trade' talk treatment. Why am I hearing crickets? Where are the IT WILL DESTROY TEAM CHEMISTRY howls of disagreement?

It is way too quiet. It is like... the same illogical principle is not repeating itself. Troubling. Very troubling.
Simple answer would be it's not as illogical as you seem to think it is.

Skillit

Reaction score
Look guy: I just wanted an excuse to use that gif.
Otherwise I don't really care that much about all this rigmarole about Zeke.
Whatever happens will happen.

Edit: that's a beautiful dog in that avi...

Lol, right on, brother.
Keep on keep’n On.

Jipper

Reaction score
Easier said then done...if Zeke holds out like Emmitt did..were in trouble...Daks gonna be Overpaid..leaving little to none for Zeke,Jaylon, Byron and Amari...were gonna lose 1 or 2

I don’t care....Emmit was not under contract....zeke is....big difference

These young guys have to play within the cba or renegotiate