Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStarDawg

Reaction score
Why the heck would we give him the money for games he was suspended...that ain’t happening. If he were to ultimately win, he’d have to sue the NFL for lost wages; Dallas wouldn’t be responsible.
Agreed! Makes no sense!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but if your own investigators find her not to be credible, it is certainly makes the NFL look bad if they didn't produce her
That's a good point! I had another line of text in my post but I removed it because I kept seeing how people would take it the wrong way. It basically said that by her not being made available to the defense, that should at least create question as to the accuracy of her claims given the comments by the person who actually talked with her saying her story kept changing. However, I did not want to imply that an actual victim refusing to voluntarily testify would somehow invalidate her claims as a whole because many proven victims are afraid to testify for a variety reasons.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Why the heck would we give him the money for games he was suspended...that ain’t happening. If he were to ultimately win, he’d have to sue the NFL for lost wages; Dallas wouldn’t be responsible.
Well he wouldn't have to sue because that's kind of what this whole thing is about..... but as far as who actually would have to pay it is something we discussed a while back and nobody seemed to know for sure. Elliott's contract is with the Cowboys, not the NFL. I imagine the NFL would have to be the ones who paid the Cowboys for their damages but I really don't know if there is something in the ownership agreement that addresses this very point.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Chris Mortensen just said on Monday Night Countdown that a ruling is expected by Friday.

Wonder if that means Zeke is good for Sunday because of the unwritten rule about suspending a player after Tuesday? Zeke is technically suspended now so probanly not.

MrMavsMan

Reaction score
"I was wrong. "Today is the 30th and I do need to issue something today," Judge Failla just said. Kessler up for a rebuttal on Zeke's behalf"

Zordon

Reaction score
I know Cowboys fans are known for being a bit tepid at games, but we really need to make it difficult on this pos Goodell when he shows up at the draft next year. We've been screwed twice now by the league during championship contending seasons (Blandino). I'm sick of it. I'll also be done with Jerry if he doesn't get this bum out of here.

links18

Reaction score
As a judge, that should be irrelevant to the situation.

Should be. But two judges have already issued injunctions/restraining orders in this case on the same facts. If it comes back differently from this judge, what's the explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.