Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

superonyx

Reaction score
Trial judge has already decided she is unlikely to rule in Zeke's favor. He'll likely have to demonstrate Judge Fallia acted unreasonably to the Appeals Court. Its going to be tough, but not a lot to lose at this point.
It’s sickening that the nfl could even rush to court a sue Zeke the minute they announce his suspension...what are they even suing for? How is that even allowed to happen...they sued because they were worried he would sue them? How’s that a thing.

TWOK11

Reaction score
LOL

What is he going to do?

Seriously?

In the short term there's nothing he can do.

Going forward however, Goodell has now pissed off two of the three most powerful owners in his league. Robert Kraft would murder Goodell if he thought he could get away with it.

theanimal23

Reaction score
I always felt he should have just served it the first 6 games. We would have probably gone 2-4 or 3-3 anyways; especially that we did go 3-3 with him. I think we can still be in the wild card slot with him missing 6 games, but I rather him miss 6 games this year than last. It's already taken some toll on him and the team, along with horrible D this year and lots of questions -- chance we are better next year anyway and hopefully not blowing big leads while scoring 30 + points per game.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
In the short term there's nothing he can do.

Going forward however, Goodell has now pissed off two of the three most powerful owners in his league. Robert Kraft would murder Goodell if he thought he could get away with it.
He has had plenty of time to do it and they still hug when they see each other.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m sure both Jerry and Kraft are 2 of the owners wanting to get rid of him. Agree to disagree.

What is it with people thinking Goodell and Kraft aren’t the best of buds. Suspending Brady was the easiest path to get minimal punishment, while avoiding getting the book thrown at Bellichek and organization, like the Saints.

Kraft is the biggest proponent of Goodell in the whole league and is the reason he gets paid as much as he does. They went to Israel together this summer and he’s back in the owners booth. Goodell has to avoid publicly the Patriot fans, not Kraft.

Kraft was among Ted Kennedy’s best friend and Goodell is the son of the right hand man of the Kennedy’s back in the day.

Goodell destroyed the Spygate tapes and did everything to cover it up. It was Ted who got involved when Spectre wasn’t backing down on Spygate.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ert-kraft-are-still-bffs-despite-deflategate/

RoboQB

Reaction score
Okay, here's the CZ branded version ..

2017-elliott-injunction-tshirt2.png
The brand is definitely cool. Instead of the thread mention, you could put the words
IN... THE... 'ZONE.
Maybe move the brand to the back, between the shoulders.
Just a thought for board donations.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Good luck. This offensive design is not built for that. Nor is he equipped.

He's done it for a half several times, we'll see if he can do it for a game. He'll need to be in the form he showed against Baltimore, Wasington and GB last year though.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
You think Morris can give us 100 and avg 5 yards a carry, something Zeke has done once this year (averaged 5 YPC)? You're in for a very rude awakening, pal.

Morris doesn't have to replace Zeke. He just has to be effective enough to keep the defense honest. If Zeke's production is a prerequisite for Dallas to win, the team just isn't as good as they need to be in order to compete. There are teams who can stop the run, then what? 31 teams in the NFL don't have Zeke. Some have better records, and some have worse. If a team is going to lose a single player, as long as it isn't a high-quality QB, that team should remain competitive.

Pittsburgh went 4-2 without La'Veon between 2015 and 2016. Lost by 7 to New England and got blown out by an average Philly team.

As Jason would say, "next man up". If they can't get it done, then Jason needs to be the next man down. Tired of the excuses. The list of coaches who have had better QB situations since Jason joined the team is damn small, and nearly all of them have won a Superbowl. Jason is still working on the process to a championship game.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Dream on.

In his eyes, Elliott did not get a fair shake.

Dagnabbit.
I get it. The Texans discussed walking out on Sunday and forfeiting the game. Maybe Zeke's team can threaten the same. Can you imagine the ratings hit? Jerry or the players need to force Rogers firing.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You think Morris can give us 100 and avg 5 yards a carry, something Zeke has done once this year (averaged 5 YPC)? You're in for a very rude awakening, pal.

against a bad chiefs defense on a short week after a very physical game.

I think the cowboys will run the ball just fine sunday. As for the eagles game I dont think we will run it as well without zeke.

We will have to win a shootout with KC & Atlanta. Somehow find a way to be productive on offense against philly without giving up big plays on defense.

This team can win with morris and mcfadden carrying the ball in the short term but it will have to be shootouts. We need to win these next two home games.

Pal.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry Jones can’t even get a holding call against an OL playing his defense, the NFL calls penalties like that bogus huddle one last year in the playoffs, overruled a Dez catch, watched Tong Romo take plenty of illegal hits with no calls, while the Patriots get to call WRs ineligible and eligible at the last second before the snap, you can’t touch Brady and the Steelers get SBs against Seattle on BS..

As far as I’m concerned, Jerry is too nice..

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I get it. The Texans discussed walking out on Sunday and forfeiting the game. Maybe Zeke's team can threaten the same. Can you imagine the ratings hit? Jerry or the players need to force Rogers firing.

but jerry was the guy that stood up to the players at the union and gave a big dramatic speech essentially threatening what the owners would do to them if they didnt agree or keep negotiating...i.e. agree to the owners terms.

He helped create the problem with goodell and really has no leg to stand on in complaining.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I don’t see the plan changing all that much. They are who they are. While one of the most complete backs in football is out, I fully expect them to line up and pound the ball via committee. If Prescott’s role changes to that of a 40-45 attempt per game passer, they will lose more often than not.

Saddle up behind this oline, they sure as hell invested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.