Zeke is garbage time Zeke

Pokes12

Reaction score
He honestly does look slower and more hesitant and as a result, the defense is closing in on him faster.

Look, I love Zeke and even bought a Zeke jersey, but I cant pretend to not notice a difference.

Zeke has one single carry over 20 yards for the season..…...27 yards to be exact...….I honestly expect more from highest paid RB in NFL.
How many RBs are better than Zeke?

Let's have a contest to see who can name those that are better. I will start the list:

Saquon Barkley

Pokes12

Reaction score
Zeke averaged a crisp 5.2 YPC and even punched in a TD, for the "Zeke never scores TDs" crowd (what did I say all offseason about positive regression?). He actually had a very good game, he just didn't get fed because of game flow.

Then again, people were *****ing about Cooper last night and he went 11/226/1, so I'm just going to assume this forum will never be happy about anything. Really starting to get sick of this board tbh.

If you are sick of this Board, Skippy then leave. This team deserves credit when it plays well and criticism when it does not. That is the world of meritocracy. You know, when people who get paid millions of dollars to play a game play it poorly, they deserve a bit of criticism. It is not un-American.

Cmac

Reaction score
My criticism goes back to 2017 when he was noticeably slower than his rookie year. He also put up a whopping 4.1 YPC in which I said was unacceptable for a 4th overall pick. I had argument after argument with people who kept demanding that Zeke was a generational talent, home run hitter and the only reason he didn't perform well was Dak sucks and stacked boxes. In 2018, he showed that he was capable of doing more than 4.1 YPC against stacked boxes. showing my criticism that he needed to perform better wasn't off base.

He has still yet to hit a rushing home run or demonstrate his top end speed he demonstrated as a rookie. This is even verifiable through the NFL Next Gen stats top runners list. More and more people are now in agreement with this observation.

None of my criticisms are off base, except to those who get offended by any critcism whatsoever. He's a great player but not that dynamic home run hitter he was billed up to be by his diehard fans.
Wow....Zeke has led the league in rushing 2 out of 3 years, and with the missed 6 games he led in Yds per game Avg.....I'm blown away. What else would he have to do, besides not get suspended? So we transition to simply a vendetta....ok. Man!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Wow....Zeke has led the league in rushing 2 out of 3 years, and with the missed 6 games he led in Yds per game Avg.....I'm blown away. What else would he have to do, besides not get suspended? So we transition to simply a vendetta....ok. Man!
What does that have to do with any of my criticisms? This is the exact reasons why these debates keep lingering on. It's real simple to just acknowledge "yeah, he's not that same home run hitter".

Let me show you how easy it is. Yes, Zeke led the league in rushing. I said he was a great back already. Apparently that isn't good enough, though.

aria

Reaction score
How many RBs are better than Zeke?

Let's have a contest to see who can name those that are better. I will start the list:

Saquon Barkley
Last time I checked there were 8 doing better than him this year and I guarantee none of them have played 4 of the 10 worst rush defenses in the league and got shut down by the best run defense he’s seen who are ranked at 16.

To continue the list...McCaffrey

Cmac

Reaction score
What does that have to do with any of my criticisms? This is the exact reasons why these debates keep lingering on. It's real simple to just acknowledge "yeah, he's not that same home run hitter".

Let me show you how easy it is. Yes, Zeke led the league in rushing. I said he was a great back already. Apparently that isn't good enough, though.

Let me see.....you're a Michigan Fan?
man-taking-notes-notepad-macbook-1200x630.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
You nailed it, buddy. Nice chatting with you, Cowboys fan.

Same here....all good. All fun. Nothing personal. Great attitude. Keep posting. Nice chatting with you too, Cowboys fan! My man!!

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Big fan of Zeke the player but it is obvious he doesn’t have same burst. Not the first time it has happened to a Dallas Cowboys rb! He has made some impressive short runs where he has carried defenders but I think his bullish style of running(taking a toll on his body)and weight gain(muscle included) has slowed him. I believed he should should get paid like a top back but not at the time since he had 2 years left and part of me asks do you want to invest that much in a rb? Also I believe the NFL has gotten use to our slow-developing deliberate line up 9 yards behind the line rushing scheme.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm a huge Zeke fan.. but no way he was worth the contract.. BUT to suggest he was at fault for the GB game is delusional.. the guy literally gashed that first drive.. then we got behind.. started tossing the ball and he never really had the chance to dominate. Even then he made a huge clutch catch and drove in a pounding TD to drag us into the game.

The problem with paying your RB so much is you really need a good QB to take some pressure off the box. Right now they scheme for zeke.. literally 100% schemed to shut him out of the game.. and until Dak finds a way to be half decent.. or we get a new QB that is decent.. then Zeke will struggle.

Having said that.. if we run him all game.. he will put up 100+ yards a game easy.. but I still don't think any RB is worth those dollars.

Nice post. Agree with everything. It's okay to still see Zeke as effective albeit a step slower, because he is. But not at the contract he was given. I'm a fan too, just not at that price like you said.

I was not a fan of the Lawrence contract and skeptical of his consistency especially after getting paid.

The QB comments you made tying them into Zekes performance were spot on but that's it's own discussion on this board.

And like Philmonroe said, I guess it's not the oline fault at all if Zeke does poorly but if Dak does, it surely is. Double standards at its finest.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Actually Zeke was on his way to a MONSTER day. He looked terrific until Austin held unnecessarily and the game got away from us.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Actually Zeke was on his way to a MONSTER day. He looked terrific until Austin held unnecessarily and the game got away from us.

I personally would like to see Pollard in Austin’s role some of the time. Use him and Zeke together.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
5 games in and the only difference he’s made that has been significant was fumbling the ball. The first 3 games Pollard had a better ypc and had 100+ yard against Miami himself. Money well spent Jerry!

Funny thing is, if Zeke was still holding out all of his supporters would be yelling that we never would have lost to GB or New Orleans if he was playing. Can you imagine the outrage if Zeke was sitting out and Pollard had 1.9 ypc and a critical fumble? But it was Zeke so nothing was his fault.

Just like his haters finding every petty reason to criticize.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And Pollard only had .4 yards less per carry IIRC. Take away Zeke’s garbage yards at the end of the first half and they probably would have been tied or maybe Pollard would have had even more like he has in the previous games.

Ok, your arguments are so preschool. What did you expect Zeke to do with the ball, fall down? No, you run, and whatever yards he achieves, so be it. Why hold that against him? God forbid if Pollard ever gets a ticket.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My criticism goes back to 2017 when he was noticeably slower than his rookie year. He also put up a whopping 4.1 YPC in which I said was unacceptable for a 4th overall pick. I had argument after argument with people who kept demanding that Zeke was a generational talent, home run hitter and the only reason he didn't perform well was Dak sucks and stacked boxes. In 2018, he showed that he was capable of doing more than 4.1 YPC against stacked boxes. showing my criticism that he needed to perform better wasn't off base.

He has still yet to hit a rushing home run or demonstrate his top end speed he demonstrated as a rookie. This is even verifiable through the NFL Next Gen stats top runners list. More and more people are now in agreement with this observation.

None of my criticisms are off base, except to those who get offended by any critcism whatsoever. He's a great player but not that dynamic home run hitter he was billed up to be by his diehard fans.

Many agree that he does not show home run tendencies anymore, but why do you feel the need to ride him so hard? His lethargic play is frustrating to me, but I do not race to the forum to talk about his looks, lifestyle, misgivings, or money. I, as a fan discuss his play on the field. You may not be guilty, but many are; over and over again.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
but many are; over and over again.
I agree. It makes Zeke just like Romo, Dak, Heath, Lawrence, Jaylon, and a host of other players that are harped in over and over and over and over. Can even throw in Garrett and Jerry. It’s the same dead horses being beaten.