Zeke is garbage time Zeke

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm a huge Zeke fan.. but no way he was worth the contract.. BUT to suggest he was at fault for the GB game is delusional.. the guy literally gashed that first drive.. then we got behind.. started tossing the ball and he never really had the chance to dominate. Even then he made a huge clutch catch and drove in a pounding TD to drag us into the game.

The problem with paying your RB so much is you really need a good QB to take some pressure off the box. Right now they scheme for zeke.. literally 100% schemed to shut him out of the game.. and until Dak finds a way to be half decent.. or we get a new QB that is decent.. then Zeke will struggle.

Having said that.. if we run him all game.. he will put up 100+ yards a game easy.. but I still don't think any RB is worth those dollars.
no team is afraid of Zeke anymore.

stinkface

Reaction score
Zeke didn't cost us this game in the least. Our defense sucked and our QB threw INT's. That's the issue. This is like blaming the weather on the guy who forgot the umbrella.

Cmac

Reaction score
Holding true to form......Zeke you are the 2019 Fall Guy with this fanbase. You will be reminded of your pockets, while dismissal will be the norm for Dak, JWitt returning to start, SLee taking a roster spot for declined play, ABrown getting dragged all over the place, anointing of Pollard so early (like PR Switzer), the embarrassing coaching efforts, the spotty kicker, the predictable play-calling, the continued tenure of JG, etc. etc.....DLawrence running a close 2nd.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Holding true to form......Zeke you are the 2019 Fall Guy with this fanbase. You will be reminded of your pockets, while dismissal will be the norm for Dak, JWitt returning to start, SLee taking a roster spot for declined play, ABrown getting dragged all over the place, anointing of Pollard so early (like PR Switzer), the embarrassing coaching efforts, the spotty kicker, the predictable play-calling, the continued tenure of JG, etc. etc.....DLawrence running a close 2nd.

Zeke held out with two years left. So if you’re going to do that you better produce. Last two games haven’t been very good. Plus we haven’t forgotten about that pathetic performance in the playoffs.

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke held out with two years left. So if you’re going to do that you better produce. Last two games haven’t been very good. Plus we haven’t forgotten about that pathetic performance in the playoffs.

The questions would be.....are you blaming Zeke (or any RB) when the blocking breaks down....trying to figure why the OL problems don't accompany Zeke during the bad moments, yet the OL has generally gotten high praise (One of the best in the league as the pundits say). What does Zeke have to do......run around ala Barry Sanders/Sajuan now? I ain't never seen a great/good RB without some kind of blocking, even with 8 man fronts. Can you get more objective that wanting Zeke to play under market value?

….never heard him say anything negative about the OL play or coaching.

uvaballa

Reaction score
The questions would be.....are you blaming Zeke (or any RB) when the blocking breaks down....trying to figure why the OL problems don't accompany Zeke during the bad moments, yet the OL has generally gotten high praise (One of the best in the league as the pundits say). What does Zeke have to do......run around ala Barry Sanders/Sajuan now? I ain't never seen a great/good RB without some kind of blocking, even with 8 man fronts. Can you get more objective that wanting Zeke to play under market value?

….never heard him say anything negative about the OL play or coaching.

No more excuses. The oline isn’t blocking well for Dak either but he’s still shares blame. If he needs huge holes to run through every down they shouldn’t have paid him because any RB can do that. Why can’t he run around the corner like Jones did Byron or make LBs and safeties miss like we’ve seen other RBs do the Cowboys? Time to do more than just run through holes and lower shoulder on defenders.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No more excuses. The oline isn’t blocking well for Dak either but he’s still shares blame. If he needs huge holes to run through every down they shouldn’t have paid him because any RB can do that. Why can’t he run around the corner like Jones did Byron or make LBs and safeties miss like we’ve seen other RBs do the Cowboys? Time to do more than just run through holes and lower shoulder on defenders.
Pollard made a safety miss against Miami. It was the reason his long run of the day was 28 and Zeke's was only 18. They had huge holes to run through.

Cmac

Reaction score

?????

Answer #1 about running around BJones…….because he ain't playing his own team. You don't think he would chew that team up if he had switched jerseys? Granted, he hasn't become a slasher simply because you want him to.

Answer #2.....you don't think Dak wasn't rattled....slingin' off back foot all day, deer in headlights look to the coverage despite the Texas Tech stats, pocket presence compared to ARod's was very different for the worse.

Answer #3....Dak does share the blame.....says the same thing after each loss or questionable performance...."We"..."We will get better". "We will improve".....not "I".

Cmac

Reaction score
Pollard made a safety miss against Miami. It was the reason his long run of the day was 28 and Zeke's was only 18. They had huge holes to run through.

JG should start Pollard against the Jets.....this week. Let's see. You cherry picking. Even the Jets DL would be laughing.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
?????
Answer #3....Dak does share the blame.....says the same thing after each loss or questionable performance...."We"..."We will get better". "We will improve".....not "I".
After this loss:

“I had three interceptions and a loss -- I don’t care how many yards I had,” Prescott said. “I don’t care what career-high I had. None of that matters. “

Prescott’s first interception bounced of the hands and chest of Amari Cooper. On the third, Prescott felt the intended receiver, Michael Gallup, was the victim of pass interference. However, Prescott admits he had “no business” throwing the second interception.

“I pride myself in taking care of the ball,” said Prescott, who threw fewer interceptions in his first 50 NFL starts than any quarterback in history. “When you get back in the locker room and you have a game like this, it’s not a good feeling. I promise you I’ll get better because of this.”

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...ise-ill-get-better-dallas-cowboys/3904094002/

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
JG should start Pollard against the Jets.....this week. Let's see. You cherry picking. Even the Jets DL would be laughing.
Did he make the safety miss or not? Wasn't that the point I was addressing?

aria

Reaction score
The GB game isn’t as much about being the fall guy as it is Pollard could have done the same thing and would have probably scored on the play Zeke was too slow to get around the end in the red zone.

New Orleans, he should have done better for being one of the highest paid backs.

uvaballa

Reaction score
?????

Answer #1 about running around BJones…….because he ain't playing his own team. You don't think he would chew that team up if he had switched jerseys? Granted, he hasn't become a slasher simply because you want him to.

Answer #2.....you don't think Dak wasn't rattled....slingin' off back foot all day, deer in headlights look to the coverage despite the Texas Tech stats, pocket presence compared to ARod's was very different for the worse.

Zeke has played against worst players and can’t make guys miss consistently. Packers run D is as bad as the Cowboys.

I’m saying Dak was getting hit due to some bad blocking and holding onto the ball. But he can’t use that as an excuse like you use every time Zeke plays like crap. Overpaying him is going to come back to hunt the team. They should of held out and went with the rookie.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Our fan base is as dumb as most people say. I am convinced!

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke has played against worst players and can’t make guys miss consistently. Packers run D is as bad as the Cowboys.

I’m saying Dak was getting hit due to some bad blocking and holding onto the ball. But he can’t use that as an excuse like you use every time Zeke plays like crap. Overpaying him is going to come back to hunt the team. They should of held out and went with the rookie.
….no excuse for Zeke.....I'm just wondering why his pay allows you to dismiss it for him. You in the man's pockets again....for the wrong reason.

Cmac

Reaction score
Did he make the safety miss or not? Wasn't that the point I was addressing?
We talking one play.....ala Allen Iverson....We talking one play, not a game, one play. We in here talking one play.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We talking one play.....ala Allen Iverson....We talking one play, not a game, one play. We in here talking one play.
Yes, we are. I think people are wanting Zeke to give them those plays too. I mean, he is the best RB in the league who doesn't need practice, right? We're talking about practice, man. Practice. Zeke don't need no practice.

Cmac

Reaction score
After this loss:

“I had three interceptions and a loss -- I don’t care how many yards I had,” Prescott said. “I don’t care what career-high I had. None of that matters. “

Prescott’s first interception bounced of the hands and chest of Amari Cooper. On the third, Prescott felt the intended receiver, Michael Gallup, was the victim of pass interference. However, Prescott admits he had “no business” throwing the second interception.

“I pride myself in taking care of the ball,” said Prescott, who threw fewer interceptions in his first 50 NFL starts than any quarterback in history. “When you get back in the locker room and you have a game like this, it’s not a good feeling. I promise you I’ll get better because of this.”

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...ise-ill-get-better-dallas-cowboys/3904094002/

Okaaaaay. Since Pollard comes up frequently about Zeke.....I'm running Cooper Rush Fan Club President now.