Zeke is garbage time Zeke

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t think you watched the game.

His first 2 carries were both for 12 yards, his best run of the night was called back for holding. We never committed to the run because of the score. He also had probably the most clutch catch of the day to keep us in the game.

The story of yesterday offensively was sloppy football and lack of execution. Blaming a guy just because he makes a lot of money is bogus.
He was breaking off 10 yard runs early and often
I wonder what games some people watch
The run game wasn’t the problem
The turn overs just like last week killed us

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
All good...just some sarcasm....can't convince you...and I can't be convinced....BTW....were you around during Emmitt's hold out?
What can't you convince me of? I'm pretty specific on my criticisms of any player.

And, yes, I was around during Emmitt's "hold out". He wasn't under contract at the time. I don't even have a problem with Zeke's holdout, nor his contract. He did what he thought he needed to do.

aria

Reaction score
i beg your pardon sir , the cowboys are very afraid of zeke .

a little hold out , and the scandals begin ... the sky falls ... the world apocalypse begins (for this team) .
5 games in and the only difference he’s made that has been significant was fumbling the ball. The first 3 games Pollard had a better ypc and had 100+ yard against Miami himself. Money well spent Jerry!

Funny thing is, if Zeke was still holding out all of his supporters would be yelling that we never would have lost to GB or New Orleans if he was playing. Can you imagine the outrage if Zeke was sitting out and Pollard had 1.9 ypc and a critical fumble? But it was Zeke so nothing was his fault.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Funny thing is, if Zeke was still holding out all of his supporters would be yelling that we never would have lost to GB or New Orleans if he was playing. Can you imagine the outrage if Zeke was sitting out and Pollard had 1.9 ypc and a critical fumble?
This is, without a doubt, spot on. That is exactly what would have happened.

aria

Reaction score
He was breaking off 10 yard runs early and often
I wonder what games some people watch
The run game wasn’t the problem
The turn overs just like last week killed us
And Pollard only had .4 yards less per carry IIRC. Take away Zeke’s garbage yards at the end of the first half and they probably would have been tied or maybe Pollard would have had even more like he has in the previous games.

uvaballa

Reaction score
….no excuse for Zeke.....I'm just wondering why his pay allows you to dismiss it for him. You in the man's pockets again....for the wrong reason.
It wasn’t his pay it’s because he sat out. If you’re going to do that then you better ball when the team signs you.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The entire offense has been terrible for the past 2 weeks aside from the garbage time stats of this last game. QB throwing picks, RB averaging about 3 ypc, Wrs dropping passes...the whole thing has been a dumpster fire. Nobody gets a pass.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Its called learning for the future so you dont make the same mistake twice.

So you can understand what I am saying more clearly, you take what you learned in the Green Bay game about throwing into double coverage and getting picked and apply it to the remaining 11 games left on the schedule. So when we play Jets next Sunday, if you see Cobb getting molested 20 yards down field, you check it down instead.

Learning from mistakes, its a really great concept bro;)
So easy to say all that after the fact. You aren't expounding any wisdom what so ever like you think you are. Everyone watches tape and tries to correct mistakes. But please, proceed with your motley fool act. lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
only EE haters true trolls doesnt understand hes still a great player..its an odd year and the offense has lost its way..period end of it for me..

seriously he was seldom used the first 3 games, he could have went wild against all 3 of those teams and built up his stats but did he complain, NO …. he simply let them work his way back in and get the nuances of K offense..

the Saints game our line especially in run game got beat up , the defenders lived in the backfield, thats an outlier and then you have GB game where the score goes 17-0 quick and 31-3 ,cant hardly get running game going when you get into pass mode quickly..

Zeke is fine will be fine and hes just in the mix in a confused mistake prone offense and it will get back on track.. he has nothing to prove and will by years end be as productive as the past., maybe not in total yards but his YPC etc and impact on defenses all still real..

dont try and goad me into a big debate , IDC.. trolls think this is Zeke issue, its team issue..

thats all I have for this really stupid thread..BYE TROLLS

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Boy what wouldnt I do for an Rb like McCaffery. That dudes a true football player. Zeke got his money and he’s on the decline. Looks like a shell of himself already.

I'm curious, what would you do? McCaffery, is playing great, but the TEAM is unified, aggressive, and focused. All this, without their starting QB. Their coach has them ready to play win or lose.

The Cowboys looks unsure, soft unfocused, bewildered, etc. Even in their victories, there were moments of inconsistencies that better opponents would capitalize on. Now, we are seeing the results.

fifaguy

Reaction score
I am actually starting to feel bad for Garrett. I believe he will lose the locker room this year for the first time since becoming a head coach. Half the team skips practice on Wednesday and Thursday because they are veterans with bad backs. Also known as guys who got paid. Everyone in the room is making more money than Garrett now. He has lost all control and the "veteran leadership" that could have otherwise help people accountable is non existent.

Why does that make you feel bad for him? He's a puppet that should have been let go a long time ago.

fansince68

Reaction score
You do realize that Zeke only gets the ball when we give it to him. Zekes average against the Packers was better than 5 yards per carry.

Cmac

Reaction score
It wasn’t his pay it’s because he sat out. If you’re going to do that then you better ball when the team signs you.
…..hence Zeke 2019 Fall Guy like I've been writing all along.....forget all the obvious issues with this team.

Cmac

Reaction score
What can't you convince me of? I'm pretty specific on my criticisms of any player.

And, yes, I was around during Emmitt's "hold out". He wasn't under contract at the time. I don't even have a problem with Zeke's holdout, nor his contract. He did what he thought he needed to do.
…...seem your criticism is lacking validity though....very rose-colored. Let me ask.....how did you feel about Witt "quitting" AFTER the draft last year for money?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
…...seem your criticism is lacking validity though....very rose-colored. Let me ask.....how did you feel about Witt "quitting" AFTER the draft last year for money?
What criticism is lacking validity?

As for Jason Witten, I refer to him as Jason Quitten and Mr. One Yard Short.

Cmac

Reaction score
What criticism is lacking validity?

As for Jason Witten, I refer to him as Jason Quitten and Mr. One Yard Short.
Ok on the Witten question.....on the other hand....Zeke we expect you to be a slasher, run through imaginary holes that ain't there, avoid people that have already infiltrated the LOS as you get the ball, on the predictable play, keep being open in the flat though your QB no longer looks your way when that might be better, because he is Slingin' Dak now...…..and because you held out....you are the 2019 Fall Guy. I got it Aviano90....I really do. All good.

aria

Reaction score
You do realize that Zeke only gets the ball when we give it to him. Zekes average against the Packers was better than 5 yards per carry.
Yeah, a whopping .4 yards better than Pollard and that’s largely due to the yards and longer runs he racked up in the final few minutes of garbage time in the first half when GB was playing soft.

Mind you, Zeke has faced one run defense not ranked in the bottom 10 of the league (Miami is dead last and Washington is 28th) other than that stingy NO run defense that is ranked at a whopping 16th in which Zeke got 1.9 ypc. And really, the only reason they jumped up so much was probably from shutting Zeke down because they were in the 20’s before that.

Last edited:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It was blatant stat padding. If you didn't watch the game, you might think Zeke played well. What the stats don't show you is how he played when the game was actually competitive.

The game wasn't competitive after about the 9:00 mark of the first quarter. LOL

Hard for me to slam a running back for "disappearing" when we only gave him 12 carries

I'd actually like to see us run him 25-30 times vs the Jets

IMO that would give us a much better sample to analyze his intensity/effort.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ok on the Witten question.....on the other hand....Zeke we expect you to be a slasher, run through imaginary holes that ain't there, avoid people that have already infiltrated the LOS as you get the ball, on the predictable play, keep being open in the flat though your QB no longer looks your way when that might be better, because he is Slingin' Dak now...…..and because you held out....you are the 2019 Fall Guy. I got it Aviano90....I really do. All good.
My criticism goes back to 2017 when he was noticeably slower than his rookie year. He also put up a whopping 4.1 YPC in which I said was unacceptable for a 4th overall pick. I had argument after argument with people who kept demanding that Zeke was a generational talent, home run hitter and the only reason he didn't perform well was Dak sucks and stacked boxes. In 2018, he showed that he was capable of doing more than 4.1 YPC against stacked boxes. showing my criticism that he needed to perform better wasn't off base.

He has still yet to hit a rushing home run or demonstrate his top end speed he demonstrated as a rookie. This is even verifiable through the NFL Next Gen stats top runners list. More and more people are now in agreement with this observation.

None of my criticisms are off base, except to those who get offended by any critcism whatsoever. He's a great player but not that dynamic home run hitter he was billed up to be by his diehard fans.