Zeke is going to have a monster, MVP type season!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Looney won’t cut it. Can’t sugar coat it. At some point your homerish defense of every player has to stop.

Trust me, I don't favor every player on this roster, have you seen my Jaylon Smith/Cooper posts? Looney is what he is, more of a backup player, who has the ability to spot start if needed. The longer he has the play, the more issues will arise. The team hasn't given him the keys at the position, he is just there as insurance if these young prospects need some time to develop.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Trust me, I don't favor every player on this roster, have you seen my Jaylon Smith/Cooper posts? Looney is what he is, more of a backup player, who has the ability to spot start if needed. The longer he has the play, the more issues will arise. The team hasn't given him the keys at the position, he is just there as insurance if these young prospects need some time to develop.

You know Cooper said he has never dealt with the type of injury he had the 2nd half of last season correct?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You know Cooper said he has never dealt with the type of injury he had the 2nd half of last season correct?

His mental toughness has been questioned since his Oakland days. He would totally disappear at times. The same can be said in his Cowboy career. Yes, he showed physical toughness last season playing the majority of the year hurt, but if he wants to be an elite #1 WR, he must show up far more consistent then he has.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
His mental toughness has been questioned since his Oakland days. He would totally disappear at times. The same can be said in his Cowboy career. Yes, he showed physical toughness last season playing the majority of the year hurt, but if he wants to be an elite #1 WR, he must show up far more consistent then he has.

Cooper himself said that he needs to work on his concentration.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I really hope he can find more consistency on the road. Him playing more in the slot should only benefit him.

If you take the last 8 games of 2018 and the first 8 of 2019 you have a full 16 games where he played great overall. Look at those numbers and it gives you a good idea.

I think he was something like 1400 yards and 12 TD's. Those are elite numbers. Now can he put it together for an entire season?

Personally I think we let him walk in two years and stick with Lamb and Gallup.

Praxit

Reaction score
MVP -"Zeke"
giphy.gif

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If you take the last 8 games of 2018 and the first 8 of 2019 you have a full 16 games where he played great overall. Look at those numbers and it gives you a good idea.

I think he was something like 1400 yards and 12 TD's. Those are elite numbers. Now can he put it together for an entire season?

Personally I think we let him walk in two years and stick with Lamb and Gallup.

They are going to let it play it out. If Cooper becomes more consistent and proves he is a legitimate #1 WR, he isn't going anywhere. We all think Lamb is going to be a great player on this level, but he hasn't played one snap, many highly touted receivers in the past have failed to make an impact. Gallup is another player who needs to continue to get better, especially catching the football. If they prove to be productive, they will all be apart of the future, but the team has some flexibility if the latter does occur.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They are going to let it play it out. If Cooper becomes more consistent and proves he is a legitimate #1 WR, he isn't going anywhere. We all think Lamb is going to be a great player on this level, but he hasn't played one snap, many highly touted receivers in the past have failed to make an impact. Gallup is another player who needs to continue to get better, especially catching the football. If they prove to be productive, they will all be apart of the future, but the team has some flexibility if the latter does occur.

Cooper has already proven he is a #1. Elite? Not there yet. Lamb will be a stud, book it. If your analysis is different or you cant tell...….….say so. Gallup is already better than where he was drafted and is a pleasant surprise. Cooper and Gallup have already proven to be productive.

Lamb will be the #1 receiver probably by some point next season. Only question is whether they resign Gallup or keep Cooper. I think it will all depend on how much Gallup wants to resign. If they are winning SB's then maybe they keep all 3, but doubtful.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cooper has already proven he is a #1. Elite? Not there yet. Lamb will be a stud, book it. If your analysis is different or you cant tell...….….say so. Gallup is already better than where he was drafted and is a pleasant surprise. Cooper and Gallup have already proven to be productive.

Lamb will be the #1 receiver probably by some point next season. Only question is whether they resign Gallup or keep Cooper. I think it will all depend on how much Gallup wants to resign. If they are winning SB's then maybe they keep all 3, but doubtful.

-The team has an out in Cooper's contract after 2 seasons. He will be given the time to see if he can indeed become an elite, #1 WR.
-Cannot just assume Lamb is going to set the league on fire. Everything points to that, but until he proves it on this level, he still is an unknown.
-All likelyhood, if all three produce, team is not going to be able to keep all of them. You would think Cooper would be the fall guy due to his contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
-The team has an out in Cooper's contract after 2 seasons. He will be given the time to see if he can indeed become an elite, #1 WR.
-Cannot just assume Lamb is going to set the league on fire. Everything points to that, but until he proves it on this level, he still is an unknown.
-All likelyhood, if all three produce, team is not going to be able to keep all of them. You would think Cooper would be the fall guy due to his contract.

Stop telling me I cant say that Lamb is going to be a stud. LOL

LAMB WILL BE A STUD!!!!!!! HE WILL PROVE IT!!!!!

If that bothers you or you have doubts then good for you.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Most of the best rbs in history produced some of their biggest seasons in their mid 20s. Everything we've seen from Zeke early on suggests we're seeing an elite runner in his prime. Funny to me we're talking about 1800 yards from scrimmage and a 14td season being a dissapointing one. I just think we can boost his effectivness further by reducing some of the time on the field but not change his workload when on.

Facts!! Even Emmitt had his best season at 26.