Zeke is going to have a monster, MVP type season!

aria

Reaction score
I don;t give up when people ignore a legitimate question. Or when I get stupid replies like yours. It's my opinion you are trying to de-legitimize what the o'line means to a QB. OF COURSE a QB need his receivers. He also needs a good RB as a blocker, outlet/safety valve...and just to hand off so he can get some rest, while RB gets good yards (as in the leading the league in rushing? ) . Aikman was said to have one of the best o-lines in NFL history.

O line being good blockers .....is "apples to oranges" for you. They are only good at run blocking. Dak does the rest of it himself. Mkay.

Look, I'm no Dak hater. I dare you to find something that legitimate says "hate". What I been doing is attempting to keep it "real". I'm not gonna just let people with Anti-Dak Derangement Syndrome have their way.

Dak benefits by a good (not perfect) O-line every bit as much as Zeke does. Any QB benefits by a good o-line. Simple...end of story.

First of all, this thread has nothing to do with the QB and you’re trying to bait me into a conversation that I have little interest in. You mine as well have asked me what my favorite color is.

Once again, you’re out of your element and have no idea what you’re talking about. You think run blocking and pass blocking are the same? I’m sick of doing your research for you but I’ll tell you this...last year the O line was ranked 2nd overall in both pass and run blocking. The year before run blocking was 8th and pass blocking was 28th, you find the rest if you want to figure it out. So no, Dak doesn’t benefit every bit as much as Zeke.

Do you even watch football or have you ever played? Saying a QB benefits every bit as much as RB because the O line is good at run blocking is one of the most ignorant statements I’ve read here.

I never bashed Dak yet here you are trying to imply I did, take your Dak support to the Dak threads and find someone there to start your crusade against, this has nothing to do with him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who has he gotten killed? And since I favor a RB by committee that wont be such a big deal if he gets injured.

The day he wants 15 million, I will have two young guys in place to take over.

I haven't watched him much for the ginats...so.

But I did watch him at Penn Sate. Just not a stout blocker then and I doubt it's changed now.

You might use your FB on YOUR own personal team but it isn't what we do here. Zeke plays more FB than our "FB". Reality check.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

But I did watch him at Penn Sate. Just not a stout blocker then and I doubt it's changed now.

You might use your FB on YOUR own personal team but it isn't what we do here. Zeke plays more FB than our "FB". Reality check.

Ok so let Barkley play RB and Zeke can play FB. I can live with a few whiffed blocks if it means more 40 yard TD's. And by the way, I have seen zeke miss plenty of blocks. Saw him quit on a pick also.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all, this thread has nothing to do with the QB and you’re trying to bait me into a conversation that I have little interest in. You mine as well have asked me what my favorite color is.

Once again, you’re out of your element and have no idea what you’re talking about. You think run blocking and pass blocking are the same? I’m sick of doing your research for you but I’ll tell you this...last year the O line was ranked 2nd overall in both pass and run blocking. The year before run blocking was 8th and pass blocking was 28th, you find the rest if you want to figure it out. So no, Dak doesn’t benefit every bit as much as Zeke.

Do you even watch football or have you ever played? Saying a QB benefits every bit as much as RB because the O line is good at run blocking is one of the most ignorant statements I’ve read here.

I never bashed Dak yet here you are trying to imply I did, take your Dak support to the Dak threads and find someone there to start your crusade against, this has nothing to do with him.

I think you are trying to break it down WAY to much for this type of conversation. If you think I am implying that O lione does nothign different from pass to run block...you;ve just been making things up in your head.

I am SIMPLY talking about effectiveness. Someone said (heck I can;t even remember who it was now) said Zeke benefits by the good oline. I asked that shouldn't Dak ALSO be considered to have benefited by a good oline? 3 #1 picks?

The answer is YES...the young QB certainly HAS benefited by a "good" oline. And a #1 stud RB too.

Now suddenly I am in argument with YOU about schemes. You are right....ridiculous. But I'm just wasting a bit of time before I have to go grocery shop[ping. Not trolling...not even any bait.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok so let Barkley play RB and Zeke can play FB. I can live with a few whiffed blocks if it means more 40 yard TD's. And by the way, I have seen zeke miss plenty of blocks. Saw him quit on a pick also.

LOL...whiffed blocks?. Because every single blocker ever makes every single block.

Source? I suppose we could find the same guy who did the "zeke has bad hands" see what he's got? :)

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Sorry but I doubt it'll happen based on the habits that he's had ever since his college days. When a RB is very young, he can get away with it but after that, it's up the individual to work harder than ever, as time catches up with him. I haven't seen that from Zeke in the past several years. He's in steady decline. Maybe there's an outside chance he'll snap back but he hasn't shown that inclination for some time now. I hope you're right but I sure wouldn't bet on it. Zeke hasn't been respectful enough of his body and it shows in ways that can't be denied.

Is all up to him, he will ultimately determine how good he can become.

aria

Reaction score
I think you are trying to break it down WAY to much for this type of conversation. If you think I am implying that O lione does nothign different from pass to run block...you;ve just been making things up in your head.

I am SIMPLY talking about effectiveness. Someone said (heck I can;t even remember who it was now) said Zeke benefits by the good oline. I asked that shouldn't Dak ALSO be considered to have benefited by a good oline? 3 #1 picks?

The answer is YES...the young QB certainly HAS benefited by a "good" oline. And a #1 stud RB too.

Now suddenly I am in argument with YOU about schemes. You are right....ridiculous. But I'm just wasting a bit of time before I have to go grocery shop[ping. Not trolling...not even any bait.
Of course they both benefit from “good” O lines but I’m telling you that statistically the pass blocking hasn’t been nearly as good as the run blocking for most of their careers. Therefore, no, Dak hasn’t benefited nearly as much as zeke from the O line.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course they both benefit from “good” O lines but I’m telling you that statistically the pass blocking hasn’t been nearly as good as the run blocking for most of their careers. Therefore, no, Dak hasn’t benefited nearly as much as zeke from the O line.

So..since you have such attention to detail, and want to really break down OTHER people's comments...... What are your sources? Exactly how much less as he benefited?

How are you defining "run blocking good" versus "pass blocking bad". How do you even make a stat about run blocking? Pass blocking.....okay I get that. You COULD make some correlation about "hurries" and "sacks"...if you take out stupidity by the QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Never heard someone tell me they like their RB because he is a great blocker. Its a nice feature, but way down on the list.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We may have the opposite in house with Pollard, who is more of a specialty, big play back.

Really like the combo of those two. But Pollard needs many more touches for us to really get the proper use out of him. However, paying Zeke 15 million is still a waste.

starfan1

Reaction score
HA! Guess what Zekes worth wherever a team drafted him and whatever he got paid..NOW WHAT?! too much irony in your argument? hes not the only RB in recent years that fans CLAIM shouldnt be picked high that went top 5 or 10..its still happening..

go back to your hole accusing other fans who have different opinion from your they dont know football..I know football and daks not worth anything over 30 regardless of position or market.. hes an above average QB whom I like but know a lot about football but football BUSINESS is a different animal. it will change because players already are clamoring about the imbalance in pay scales for QBs who arent even close to contributing production like an a elite CB, DE, DT, or WR..etc

theres only maybe 5 qbs in a given era that can lay claim to that kind of deal and Daks not one of them and soon the NFL will have to fix that because that would not set a trending market because like the other positions, you get paid by your production not by grabbing onto the coattails of the better players above you to raise the pay scale.... Dak is not a game changing type qb, he does NOT win games on his own and is simply a good QB wanting elite money..

football fans know this just because its whats been happening the NFl and owners can reverse that trend..many rookie qbs and 2nd year players are starting way sooner and playing pretty well, just like dak, hes not alone and no longer should the average to good qb be getting paid like their elite counter[part, let them walk and move to up next before you give 20% of your cap to a QB whos not specials, thats like 28 qbs and daks one of them.. I like him hes for sure an NFL starter, he can be a franchise guy but hes not élite and shouldnt get the kind of money dumb owners have paid the Cousins, carrs, and others..those are mistakes that can be corrected..
Lol what’s that about haters gonna hate?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Really like the combo of those two. But Pollard needs many more touches for us to really get the proper use out of him. However, paying Zeke 15 million is still a waste.

They almost had no choice not to. The offense prior to last season was built around their strong rushing attack, everything was dependent on it; opening up the offense to keeping their weak defense fresh. He is still young, durable and productive. You would think an experienced coach will be able to put him in better positions to succeed and know how to use a player like Pollard's skill set. The Saints Offense wasn't the same after Ingram departed, the Cowboys could have a similar duo if not better.

plasticman

Reaction score
Zeke should have an MVP season, he's getting paid to where the expectation is that he be in contention for it.

I would be far happier if he had a Super Bowl MVP season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They almost had no choice not to. The offense prior to last season was built around their strong rushing attack, everything was dependent on it; opening up the offense to keeping their weak defense fresh. He is still young, durable and productive. You would think an experienced coach will be able to put him in better positions to succeed and know how to use a player like Pollard's skill set. The Saints Offense wasn't the same after Ingram departed, the Cowboys could have a similar duo if not better.

Always have a choice. And if they felt they didn't, then it was their own fault. This is more of Garrett and his stupidity. Cooper Rush was our backup, didn't address RB until last year in the 4th round.

But I am glad you mentioned Ingram. He signed for something around 6 million. Give me Pollard and Ingram and another 9 or 10 million in cap space all day.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It really amazes me that what I consider a professional organization makes obvious mistakes like this.
Just a fan sitting on a couch says hell no don't burn the pick on a RB,, you don't do that in this league, but we did, and then of course the Giants had to follow our lead with Barkley,, the dogs that they are.. Mara.. your a joke.
This has been debated on this forum since Zeke was drafted, and its much like the Dak debate,, those that support will never understand the other the side, and vise versa.
There is a proper build model that has to be enforced, especially now that unqualifying QBs demand a large portion of your cap.
Mistakes have been made, Jerry has made a few.
Is he finally smart enough to not make another huge cap blunder?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Always have a choice. And if they felt they didn't, then it was their own fault. This is more of Garrett and his stupidity. Cooper Rush was our backup, didn't address RB until last year in the 4th round.

But I am glad you mentioned Ingram. He signed for something around 6 million. Give me Pollard and Ingram and another 9 or 10 million in cap space all day.

It's the nature of the beast. When you take a RB high in the draft, you are making an long-term investment with the player. If they are productive, they will always receive that 2nd contract. Yes, it would be far more cost effective having a running back by committee, but the other side is, it not as good as an elite running back, either. Ingram is a solid back, but he is no where near the player Zeke has been. The team's biggest strength still lies within their OL and the ability to run the football. Having a better passing offense will only open up the running game more.

aria

Reaction score
So..since you have such attention to detail, and want to really break down OTHER people's comments...... What are your sources? Exactly how much less as he benefited?

How are you defining "run blocking good" versus "pass blocking bad". How do you even make a stat about run blocking? Pass blocking.....okay I get that. You COULD make some correlation about "hurries" and "sacks"...if you take out stupidity by the QB.
Football outsiders, look it up yourself. I could provide a link but like I said earlier, I’m sick of doing your research for you and this thread has nothing to do with Dak.

When you see me comment about what I think about Dak then feel free to ask your questions, until then I’m not playing your little games but I’m sure theres hundreds, if not thousands, of people who you can argue with about your opinions of him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's the nature of the beast. When you take a RB high in the draft, you are making an long-term investment with the player. If they are productive, they will always receive that 2nd contract. Yes, it would be far more cost effective having a running back by committee, but the other side is, it not as good as an elite running back, either. Ingram is a solid back, but he is no where near the player Zeke has been. The team's biggest strength still lies within their OL and the ability to run the football. Having a better passing offense will only open up the running game more.

Yep...…………...that's why I wouldn't take a RB high.

But I don't agree that running is the strength. Clearly I see the passing game as the strength of the team now.

Oline is strong, but these young guy have to step up.