Zeke is going to have a monster, MVP type season!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke isn’t getting mauled in the backfield by the entire d line almost every play like Barkley. Put him behind that line and I would bet good money he would have had some sort of injury by now.

If we say this is true (I would say it is)...then should we not say the same thing for Dak? What if we put Dak behind the same line?

aria

Reaction score
If we say this is true (I would say it is)...then should we not say the same thing for Dak? What if we put Dak behind the same line?
Lol...you won’t give up, I’ve only had one sip of wine but I’ll indulge you.

I mostly keep my nose out of the Dak threads because I’m basically neutral on him. Although, I wouldn’t say it’s the same for Dak because you simply can’t compare a RB vs a QB, it’s apples and oranges. Zeke is 90% dependent on the O line, as every RB is, and RB is also one of the easiest positions to transition to and play from college to the NFL.

Whereas QB is not only very reliant on the O line but the receivers, TE’s and RB but it’s also one of the hardest positions to learn and adjust to from college to pro. There’s also much more to process in a short amount of time along with reading defenses, calling audibles, etc. Zeke essentially just grabs the ball and runs behind a great O line with plenty of room. Also, the pass blocking isn’t nearly as good as the run blocking. Again, apples to oranges.

starfan1

Reaction score
:lmao2:hater be hatin
thats a joke of list some cant stay helathy and thats a fact Michel is overrated as they come done squat with NE, Cook cant stay helathy and that makes him unreliable;, Bell disappeared years ago and isnt even in the picture until he proves otherwise..

Jacobs is too new and TBD for me..

yes barkley and McCaffery are more explosive and that doesnt make them BETTER..Barkley already missed time in his short career as he did in college....

I would have put Chubb in that list and take 3 of the others off.. realty and facts are what they are and EE is still élite regardless of some hater opinions..hes game planned for and is a full 3 down back that can catch..he doesnt need to be AS explosive Emmitt smith was NOT considered explosive like his counterpart in Sanders, neither was considered better then the other they were both great in their own way.. BTW sanders didnt have line and look at what he did, the excuse to the others needed our line, blah hahahahahhah..

Henrys finally had a great year lets see how he continues but hes good in his own way..

lastly Kamara not better then zeke hes a change of pace back that proved last year without Ingram hes not as great when the full time starter..Backs are different and can all be good to great in their own way and durability is HUGE factor and zeke does it ALL with durability..
You didnt say anything about durability and yes its important. perhaps these folks wouldn't be hurt if their line was as good as ours is and was. honestly I forgot about Chubb add another to the list of RB's that would perform as well or better behind our line.So Ill revise and say their are probably 7-10 backs IF HEALTHY that would perform just as well. Heck Im not convinced our back up wouldnt. That said I am a zeke supporter on Sunday. He just wasnt worth #4 pick or his ridiculous contract extension.

Ask Giants fans about Barkley's blocking. He had a very poor 2nd season dealing with an early injury.
Mc/Kamara/Michael are all specialty type of backs, not workhorse runners. Let's see how their little frames will hold up.
Cook cannot stay healthy
Bell is way past his prime
Really saying a rookie is better then Zeke-please
Henry is the only legitimate back I would right now put ahead of Zeke

Zeke has never missed a start due to injury, he has put up elite production since he arrived in the NFL.

You are going to see Zeke get worse from now on I bet his body from all the carries will give in. Its a statistical fact. Seee above for my reply to the rest of yours.

honestly this whole debate about Zeke or Dak and which ones more valuable is just garbage. We fans cut down 1 in order to prop up the other and its wrong.The 2 can coexist in fact that both need each other. I would have rather had Henry during the draft. That being said Ill support both on Sunday

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
-It's fair to argue about his lose of explosiveness.
-I live in NY, Barkley isn't a run up the tackles type of runner. He has big play abilities, but he's very hit or miss.
-After what Henry did in the playoffs, I would put him ahead of everyone else, including Zeke at this moment.
-Zeke is clearly on the first tier of running backs, having a 1,300 yard season is still terrific. With more opportunities in the pass game expected, he should become even more of a weapon.

I don't put Zeke in that first tier. And Barkley has been running behind one of the worst lines in football. Gives him some holes up the middle and he will do fine. Zeke gets his yards because he gets a lot of carries. 1300 yards means little when you get 300 carries. Really just means you are durable. For all his carries he has a low amount of 20 yard runs, 40 yard runs, long TD's and TD's overall. And he rarely dominates games.

Stats were quite clear that showed when Zeke gets 8 carries or more in the first quarter, the other team gets the lead.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the man has any pride in himself whatsoever. Yes I agree he should have a great season because we all know he’s more than capable And I’m not talking about numbers statistics. I’m talking about first downs touchdowns. Because that’s where I think he excels the best

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only if our passing game becomes formidable!
Imagine what Zeke could add to our offense if the defense had to deal with a strong arm back there?
Mama mia we would be unstoppable!!

Sad. And I thought you understood the game of football after all these years. You just don’t give credit where it’s due do you

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sad. And I thought you understood the game of football after all these years. You just don’t give credit where it’s due do you

Go watch Dak fail in the red-zone again and again and dream what could have been.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
You didnt say anything about durability and yes its important. perhaps these folks wouldn't be hurt if their line was as good as ours is and was. honestly I forgot about Chubb add another to the list of RB's that would perform as well or better behind our line.So Ill revise and say their are probably 7-10 backs IF HEALTHY that would perform just as well. Heck Im not convinced our back up wouldnt. That said I am a zeke supporter on Sunday. He just wasnt worth #4 pick or his ridiculous contract extension.

You are going to see Zeke get worse from now on I bet his body from all the carries will give in. Its a statistical fact. Seee above for my reply to the rest of yours.

honestly this whole debate about Zeke or Dak and which ones more valuable is just garbage. We fans cut down 1 in order to prop up the other and its wrong.The 2 can coexist in fact that both need each other. I would have rather had Henry during the draft. That being said Ill support both on Sunday
disagree...seems like fulltime job for you arguing dak vs zeke.. I can tell you this Dak is NOIT worth 2.5 times more then zeke..thats a fact..

fansince68

Reaction score
Zeke in my opinion, is without a doubt the team's best player. Highly productive, highly durable (never missed a game due to an injury). Opposing teams game plan to shut him down.

Last year was the first season, he legitimately lost the rushing title, finishing with over 1,300 yards and 12 td's. Many will argue his holdout affected his play early on, no matter, it will fuel his motivation for this upcoming season.

Zeke is the most balance RB in the entire league, he doesn't have a weakness on the field, but he has been vastly underused as a receiver by the former coaching staff. We have seen what he can do in space and he is deadly on screens passes. MM and is WCO will incorporate Zeke far more in the team's passing game. We are going to finally see the Zeke Elliot at his full potential. He has a LaDanian Tomlinson type of ceiling as an all-around back. The return of the zbs and a new RB coach who oversaw Gurley's success in it, will only help Zeke get better. In my opinion, he is going to have a monster season!!

I am a huge Zeke fan. Let's not forget, we lost our all pro center, we are not settled at RG yet. Add to the formula of the annual injuries of Tyron Smith. Not sure why that equates to a monster year for Zeke.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, if Zeke gets 200 carries for 900 yards this year, I'll take it. We have too much talent in the passing game to just keep pounding it with him.

starfan1

Reaction score
disagree...seems like fulltime job for you arguing dak vs zeke.. I can tell you this Dak is NOIT worth 2.5 times more then zeke..thats a fact..
QB by nature if position is worth much more than a RB. If you knew football you’d understand that . I’m not arguing Dak vs Zeke if you read my posts instead of cherry picking a few here and there you’d know that.

I don’t think Dak is worth what he’s going to get but I felt that way about zeke and DLaw as well.

that said the oline has been the engine that has made the cowboys roar imo.

our offense has playmakers but the line enables them to make the plays.

and yes zeke is for sure not my favorite cowboy. But neither is Dak

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Most of the best rbs in history produced some of their biggest seasons in their mid 20s. Everything we've seen from Zeke early on suggests we're seeing an elite runner in his prime. Funny to me we're talking about 1800 yards from scrimmage and a 14td season being a dissapointing one. I just think we can boost his effectivness further by reducing some of the time on the field but not change his workload when on.

JBS

Reaction score
Zeke has declined since his big pay day. I don't see him having an MVP season. Nor do I think he's "the team's best player". There's no such thing unless one player is the "best" at all positions.
This makes no sense

Rodgers in his prime was never the best player on the packers?

Brees? Brady? Donald?

You are wrong

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I am a huge Zeke fan. Let's not forget, we lost our all pro center, we are not settled at RG yet. Add to the formula of the annual injuries of Tyron Smith. Not sure why that equates to a monster year for Zeke.

Zeke has put up elite rushing numbers since he has arrived, even the year in which Frederick missed. He is expected to become more of a factor in the passing game is why I think he is going to have a monster season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don't put Zeke in that first tier. And Barkley has been running behind one of the worst lines in football. Gives him some holes up the middle and he will do fine. Zeke gets his yards because he gets a lot of carries. 1300 yards means little when you get 300 carries. Really just means you are durable. For all his carries he has a low amount of 20 yard runs, 40 yard runs, long TD's and TD's overall. And he rarely dominates games.

Stats were quite clear that showed when Zeke gets 8 carries or more in the first quarter, the other team gets the lead.

Just like Zeke, Barkley wasn't as explosive last season, even when he returned after his ankle injury. It took him several games to look like his old self. All we can do is to speculate, but at just 24 years old I don't think a player just loses all his explosion this quickly, running backs start to fade closer to the age of 30. Could be a injury, could of changed his body to protect himself more, but I think Zeke still has great production years ahead of him. There have been several games throughout his career in which he has dominated. Teams looking to stop the Cowboy Offense game plan to make Dak beat them. The Minnesota game comes to mind last season. With an improved passing attack and more involved in the pass game, Zeke can potentially have his best season.

I have watched Barkley a lot, seen most of his games on the NFL Level and have family who went to Penn State. He is an unbelievable talent, but there are some minor weaknesses apart of his game. He is not an insider the tackle grinder, not overly physical, but more of a home run back always looking to make the big play. Struggles as a pass protector. He is a modern version of Barry Sanders. A lot of negative plays, with 1-2 big plays every game. Giants will field a better line this upcoming season, it is his litmus test if he will become that workhorse back.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Zeke has never missed a game due to injury, he is the most durable back out there. Considering his physical style, that's very impressive. He has a track record of production, which not many can match. Let's see a Chubb do it again and for a few seasons. Everyone was talking about how great Kamara was 2 years ago, he has never had a 1k rushing year and struggled with durability last season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I agree that Barkley is hit or miss but behind that line how is he supposed to be consistent? With his big play ability I think he would have thrived much more behind the Cowboys line than Zeke. When Barkley has the space zeke has on a lot of plays he makes things happen, zeke lost that after his rookie year.

...and yes, I will concede the ewok has been a better blocker.

Let's be honest, the Cowboy OL has been good, but not great for a few seasons. The Giants have had their struggles, but this year their line should be much improved. It will be interesting to see how he performs, will he become a work horse back or more of a specialty type? What I mean is, kind of like the McC/Kamara's who are big plays guys, but aren't high volume runners.

With the move to the wco and bringing back the zone blocking scheme, it is realistic to think Zeke can match Todd Gurley's numbers playing in a similar scheme. Over 1,300 yards rushing and 700 yards receiving with a ton of TD's.