Twitter: Zeke lawyers file for stay on suspension

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
It sickens me how some here treat Zeke like a piece of meat. "If he is not important to the game then I don't care what happens to him."
Yup .. it’s society really ... unless it is them personally then it doesn’t matter .. in this case many fans just want him to play or take his medicine and move on ?!!? But if he doesn’t have the illness then why just take the medicine ?? It’s about his life , his rep , the fact he was accused of something that can stay with him for a lifetime and he needs to fight for him , not his team ... not us fans ...but him

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
He’s not going to win this lol. I agree with the fight part but it’s almost pointless

Reaction score
So Judge Failla ruled against him-- and he is now appealing to --- Judge Failla?!

Am I missing something?

He's asking Judge Faila to wait (or "stay") to issue her ruling against his injunction, so he can appeal to the 2nd circuit court of appeal. Normally, trial judges like Faila will stay their order out of deference to the review by the appellate court. I think Zeke might be able to buy a game with this. But he is not going to win the war IMO.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He’s not going to win this lol. I agree with the fight part but it’s almost pointless

So he should just quit? Sorry you wouldn’t quit until all avenues are exhausted. He has nothing to lose, and his continued fight whether he wins or loses shows he is innocent.

Not sure why that’s hard to understand.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think it’s over. Let’s just hope we’re still in it by the time he’s back

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
So he should just quit? Sorry you wouldn’t quit until all avenues are exhausted. He has nothing to lose, and his continued fight whether he wins or loses shows he is innocent.

Not sure why that’s hard to understand.

No but where does it end?

It can’t be constantly appealed, fought, lost, appealed, fought, lost, appealed.

Maybe it can to a point where the nfl just says fine, it’s 3 games but I doubt it. Just let it cost roger his job

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He's asking Judge Faila to wait (or "stay") to issue her ruling against his injunction, so he can appeal to the 2nd circuit court of appeal. Normally, trial judges like Faila will stay their order out of deference to the review by the appellate court. I think Zeke might be able to buy a game with this. But he is not going to win the war IMO.

As a matter of fact I think she is going to straight up deny this. It’s obvious her mind was made up way before hearing the arguments yesterday. Her snotty one-liners and who her husband is, I have no doubt about it

BHendri5

Reaction score
Keep fighting Zeke!!!! Because if you accept the games you will be seen as a woman beater. I have no issues with him fighting for his innocence. If they make him miss the games then fine, but keep fighting until you clear your name and recv your public apology

EST_1986

Reaction score
No but where does it end?

It can’t be constantly appealed, fought, lost, appealed, fought, lost, appealed.

Maybe it can to a point where the nfl just says fine, it’s 3 games but I doubt it. Just let it cost roger his job
its constantly being appealed fought lost, rinse and repeat now. Something will haven't to eventually break but I wouldn't say lay down and take being labeled a woman beater ever just because you're tired of it

Last edited:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
As I have said before .. it doesn’t matter what anyone here thinks, but Zeke and his legal team need to continue the fight until all avenues have been exhausted . This isn’t your life or mine .. it’s his and if he is innocent he should do what he has to do to fight for his name .. PERIOD

This isn't about his guilt or innocence....that's not the argument in court, the argument is about process to reach the league's conclusion, nothing more and since the NFLPA agreed to the collectively bargain agreement that gave Goodell the power to suspend players which was backed up by a Federal appeals court in the Brady case for suspending a player for conduct detrimental to the league, The league investigation concluded he more likely than not, a very low standard violated that policy so Zeke is going to serve 6 games, whether it's this year or next, regardless!!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Ok... thanks. Appreciate the explanation. Its getting to the point you need a law degree to be a Cowboys fan these days lol