Twitter: Zeke Looking Lean

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

How many yards do you expect from him this year?

I think we should avoid all the pre-season hype with pics and instagram/youtube videos of how great a player is.

I don't think this is a good way to evaluate a player's in season performance.

BTW, shouldn't it be minimum table stakes for every player to look their best before the season starts? Shouldn't your physical make up be at its prime? Before all the in-season wear and tear your body should look great from the offseason workouts.

I would be more interested in the videos of players who's bodies look like they didn't give a damn and didn't hit the weight room in the offseason. That would be a more telling insight on the player's upcoming performance and their mental attitude unless they were injured and restricted from working out.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this time last year we were talking about how lean he looked. This will be his last season with the Cowboys. Tony Dorsett played 11 seasons with the Cowboys and Emmitt played 13. It will only be 7 seasons for Zeke.
You don't remember he was on pace to start the year? Got injured at Minny game. Not the same since.

Stay healthy...and use him more than 4 carries a qtr. Cripes he should get 4 carries a series. Come on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we should avoid all the pre-season hype with pics and instagram/youtube videos of how great a player is.

I don't think this is a good way to evaluate a player's in season performance.

BTW, shouldn't it be minimum table stakes for every player to look their best before the season starts? Shouldn't your physical make up be at its prime? Before all the in-season wear and tear your body should look great from the offseason workouts.

I would be more interested in the videos of players who's bodies look like they didn't give a damn and didn't hit the weight room in the offseason. That would be a more telling insight on the player's upcoming performance and their mental attitude unless they were injured and restricted from working out.

"Evaluating"? Nobody is evaluating from this pic. Now...people ARE staying true to their agenda....demise is eminent apparently.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree.
Not productive...for several reasons. Imagine Emmitt getting 13 carries per game. He's look pedestrian too. These kinds of runners don;t start heating up unitl 13-15.

4 carries a qtr is absolutely ridiculous. We have Dak tripping over the centers feet on a delayed handoff (for the third straight time in a row). We have an OC that wants NCAA mountain west passing stats more than a fearsome NFL East run game.

Has production is not all on him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You don't remember he was on pace to start the year? Got injured at Minny game. Not the same since.

Stay healthy...and use him more than 4 carries a qtr. Cripes he should get 4 carries a series. Come on.

I remember the pace he was on but not only did he get injured the OL regressed. Neither him or Pollard was doing much at that point. It’s not like Zeke is getting any younger. His production this season will all come down to the OL and how well our defense plays. You can’t pound the ball all day if you’re playing from behind. Our passing game may not be as good this season so we may have to run the ball more but we also need to score points.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Except he had one of his best rushing games after the knee injury.

Yeah, he did and OL played good as well. He was still dealing with swelling and pain. He would then add the brace to give the knee more stability. Fact is he was injured and played through it and chances are he shouldn't have. I put that on coaches more so than the player, the player should always have the desire to go out and play the game even when you know you are not 100% as a player. Coaches job is to monitor that player and sit him if need be. Granted coaches do not want to do that which is why when it comes to things like Head injuries it is out of the control of the coach, the NFL and their staff control that and has protocol in place that they follow.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think Zeke stays thru '23. Just my guess since dead money is still 11 mill. Pollard we may be able to sign for 3-4 mill- hard to tell these days. We draft a RB according to the plan with Zeke in 23 or 24

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not productive...for several reasons. Imagine Emmitt getting 13 carries per game. He's look pedestrian too. These kinds of runners don;t start heating up unitl 13-15.

4 carries a qtr is absolutely ridiculous. We have Dak tripping over the centers feet on a delayed handoff (for the third straight time in a row). We have an OC that wants NCAA mountain west passing stats more than a fearsome NFL East run game.

Has production is not all on him.

He has 237 carries last season way down from 322 he had his rookie season. As for the OC under him Zeke still managed 301 carries in 2019. OC will run but he he is smart enough to know this is not ground chuck NFL, it is critical that we are productive running the ball not this 1 or 2 yard crap leaving us in 2nd or 3rd and long especially when you had weapons Dallas had on the outside. This is not the Emmitt Smith Cowboys of the 90's having said that in games where Zeke was being productive he got the ball he saw 19, 20 carries in a game but when you are playing and picking up 1.5 or 2 yards a carry and just continue to try and pound it you will find in todays league you will get behind quickly

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
My favorite is "Zeke looks like an Ewok" posts. It combines my 2 favorite things, Star Wars and the Cowboys.
jFPDyPoK_400x400.jpg

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He has 237 carries last season way down from 322 he had his rookie season. As for the OC under him Zeke still managed 301 carries in 2019. OC will run but he he is smart enough to know this is not ground chuck NFL, it is critical that we are productive running the ball not this 1 or 2 yard crap leaving us in 2nd or 3rd and long especially when you had weapons Dallas had on the outside. This is not the Emmitt Smith Cowboys of the 90's having said that in games where Zeke was being productive he got the ball he saw 19, 20 carries in a game but when you are playing and picking up 1.5 or 2 yards a carry and just continue to try and pound it you will find in todays league you will get behind quickly

The penalties got to stop also, hard to get a run game going when you start 50% of your drives with 1st and 20

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If the OL can be a top 5 run blocking unit Zeke will be fine for most of the year. If not then he will look old really quick.

The thing for me is when you know there is a mismatch with your C and the other team DT...why do we need to test "Shotgun dive 1" 16 times to prove it? Maybe just ask someone "Hey do you think thier DT will continue to manhandle our C" so they can say "Yup" and you can change the run call.

ESisback

Reaction score
The details are a supposed hurt and physically limited Zeke played in a meaningless games against the Eagles practice squad just to reach 1,000 yards when it the past a perfectly healthy Zeke sat out a meaningless game against the Eagles.

You wouldn't by this in your everyday life. You shouldn't by it just because it involves the Cowboys.
You don’t buy it simply BECAUSE it involves the Cowboys. You seem unhappy with every aspect of this team. Kinda like saying you love your wife, but hating everything she says or does. Makes no sense.