Twitter: Zeke Looking Lean

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Having already been restructured in the past, Zeke still has $30 million in dead money & can't be cut outright. Even making him a June-1st cut would only zero out this year, pushing dead money to 2023 & giving no relief to the 2022 cap.

Book this. Zeke will not be playing for this team under this existing contract in the 2023 season. He will almost certainly be cut &/or offered a new pay-cut deal. This guy is overrated/overpaid.
Just think if he could play with out his jersey, letting those tats fly, how intimidating that could be.
Cool Tats, just saying.
:thumbdown:
Ezekiel Elliott may have a couple more seasons as an NFL starting RB. But as the top paid RB in the league, his production cannot match his payday. And his body can no longer produce the kind of seasons he had early in his career.
:clap::hammer:

ESisback

Reaction score
You'll see this season that Zeke is washed.

Whether or not you chose to accept it is up to you.

1)I’ve already accepted the fact that he’s on the decline. Long ago.
2)I’ve said from day one he’s overpaid.
3)I expect 1200+ from him this year, which is pretty good.
4)I don’t feel flawed or embarrassed or apologetic in ANY way, just because I believe something different than you.
5)Wallow in misery and label it “keeping it real” all you want.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
6 straight games with 100 yards before everything spiraled out of control???

I need some clarification on that one.
They weren't producing like they were during the win streak. Turnovers, penalties, injures, play calling, bad luck...I don't know what all factored in, but they weren't performing the same.

Praxit

Reaction score
..you get the feeling Dallas football is more fun than sport? Most of these guys don't even consider it a job. Job mentality brings accountability. Kinda rare thing these days.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yep. It's about that time for the annual Zeke looks fit posts.

I can't wait for the day when we aren't overpaying at the TB position.

It doesn't seem to matter. For 4 years straight Dallas weren't paying the QB or TB position and they didn't do any better.

ESisback

Reaction score
You'll see this season that Zeke is washed.

Whether or not you chose to accept it is up to you.
Eventually, he WILL leave/quit/retire/get traded. What will you do? Do a Shannon Sharpe dance and scream “I tol’ you! I tol’ you!” Is that your fondest wish, to have your gridiron guruness “validated”? Does winning on the internet supersede Cowboy success?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Eventually, he WILL leave/quit/retire/get traded. What will you do? Do a Shannon Sharpe dance and scream “I tol’ you! I tol’ you!” Is that your fondest wish, to have your gridiron guruness “validated”? Does winning on the internet supersede Cowboy success?
It's not about "winning on the internet".

It's about living in reality and seeing the writing on the wall with certain things.

It's not that I want Zeke to be bad. It's just the nature of the position and the decline he's had every single year.

Just because he has a star on his helmet does not require us to be unrealistic about things.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yep. It's about that time for the annual Zeke looks fit posts.

I can't wait for the day when we aren't overpaying at the TB position.

I think a DLaw scenario will occur with Zeke. He knows Dallas is overpaying him right now and he won’t get anything on the open market. I don’t think he leaves, but instead he’ll agree to a heavily reworked deal after this year. Maybe incentive-ladened, maybe just a pay cut. But I can’t imagine him testing the waters thinking he can find a better scenario than with Jerry and Dak.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you prove Zeke isn't in good shape right now? Can you prove Zeke's body can no longer produce? He had 100 yards in six straight games before things spiraled out of control. Injures slow production and that's a fact.
I know. That's why I asked those questions.
:thumbup:
History and prior stats can certainly inform our opinions. It is certainly a fact that Zeke has had a ton of touches in the last nine years. History tells us that only a tiny number of RBs with that many total touches in his past will be able to produce at the same level they did earlier in their career.

That’s not proof. But it is relevant info fir an NFL RB with 6 years experience. And it’s certainly not “hate”. I would love to see Zeke have a great year. History says it’s unlikely.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
History and prior stats can certainly inform our opinions. It is certainly a fact that Zeke has had a ton of touches in the last nine years. History tells us that only a tiny number of RBs with that many total touches in his past will be able to produce at the same level they did earlier in their career.

That’s not proof. But it is relevant info fir an NFL RB with 6 years experience. And it’s certainly not “hate”. I would love to see Zeke have a great year. History says it’s unlikely.
History isn't saying it's unlikely, you are. The guts you mentioned, Emmitt and Walter, went from middle school to high school, then to college. Think of all the touches they had before making it into the NFL. You can't use one man's past to predict another man's future. It doesn't work that way. Zeke isn't those other guys and those other guys aren't Zeke. Time will tell the truth about Zeke. Not history.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has 237 carries last season way down from 322 he had his rookie season. As for the OC under him Zeke still managed 301 carries in 2019. OC will run but he he is smart enough to know this is not ground chuck NFL, it is critical that we are productive running the ball not this 1 or 2 yard crap leaving us in 2nd or 3rd and long especially when you had weapons Dallas had on the outside. This is not the Emmitt Smith Cowboys of the 90's having said that in games where Zeke was being productive he got the ball he saw 19, 20 carries in a game but when you are playing and picking up 1.5 or 2 yards a carry and just continue to try and pound it you will find in todays league you will get behind quickly

I get the exact number of carries isn't the most important. Although you HAVE to feed guys like Emmitt and Zeke. You just have to. It's how a feared pounding running game works. You have to give them the tools to do it. Didn;t WEmmitt have an awesome O-line? YES...of course he did. And coaches that knew how to build them and use them.

3 delay hand offs up the middle and a pitch is NOT a clever scheme.

Huge problem with not building a surprise and complex run scheme. We sit here and bicker if Tony or Zeke is better...when they SHOULD be a FREAK of a 1-2 punch one way or the other. For the longest time, Tony's carries when Zeke had to raise his hand. REALLY? That is your run game scheme? That's an insult to both of them.

I agree...you STILL have to pass...and LONG passes. That has never changed. I will forever stand by my statement 13 carries per for zeke is STUPID. FOUR CARRIES PER quarter? MADDENING!

Emmitt averaged 22+ his first 6 years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing for me is when you know there is a mismatch with your C and the other team DT...why do we need to test "Shotgun dive 1" 16 times to prove it? Maybe just ask someone "Hey do you think thier DT will continue to manhandle our C" so they can say "Yup" and you can change the run call.
Exactly.

"Everyone" says "Tony is better". Well Tony MOSTLY runs plays far from the center. Meanwhile these idiots keep running zeke up the middle then act like the run game isn't working.

Deliberate tactic to get those passing stats. IMO.