Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money

Verdict

Reaction score
Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money. He had that great play late in the 4th quarter to get down there close enough for the Coop to Coop TD but he was absent the entire game before that. The defense was balling out giving 100% the entire game and I didn’t see that from Zeke. The offense was giving 100% the entire game except for Zeke. Someone needs to put some smelling salts under his nose or give him a blanket party late one night on the road to wake his *** up. If we can get Zeke to play all out, then the limit is the Super Bowl.

I don’t understand the Zeke hate here. He is one of the best, and most impactful players on our team. I get that many did not want to see him get prematurely paid, but he is not doing a “Tank” job (pun intended).

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I missed out on a date with a lady coming to see me. I was watching the Cowboy game when I saw this play...I never answered the door.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t understand the Zeke hate here. He is one of the best, and most impactful players on our team. I get that many did not want to see him get prematurely paid, but he is not doing a “Tank” job (pun intended).
I love Zeke. Next to Dak, he's the part of the engine on the offense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke did do something that was a mistake, he needed too much $$$$$ which doesn't help the cause.at all.

You don't have to be a deep sea diver to know.....yep, deep! Ya don't have to stick your hand in a fire to know.....hot! So cool that silly/////you were never///BS,,,,ok? Seen a lot of football my man can talk Cowboys you and Jerry Jones have never heard of, trust me!

My song n' dance is you can win without spending high draft picks or big $$$$ on a RB, and that is very true. So what is your problem guy?

HUGE...Cowboy fan here, my first concerns are winning, real tired of losing, so not too cool paying RB's big $$$$$.
every one of our high paid stars are far overpaid..move on troll

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How many of those I listed did you see play? I get you are a huge Zeke fan but don't get carried away.

Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders
LT
Marshall Faulk
O,J,Simpson
Bo Jackson
Gale Sayers
Tony Dorsett
Eric Dickerson
Emmitt Smith
Marcus Allen
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
Jerome Bettis
Earl Campbell
Edgerrin James
Curtis Martin

So who on that list do you put Zeke above?

Zeke is already better in my view than Gore, Edge, Martin, Bettis and Allen.. If he manages to pass a bunch of them on the rushing list in today's pass happy league it will be a monumental achievement. I started being obsessed with football and running backs somewhere around 1966.. so I saw a LOT of the old timers play. I watched McCutcheon's record setting game .. I watched Greg Pruitt since in Sooner days. I call Lydell Mitchell and Terry Metcalf two of the first great pass catching backs. Watched them both a ton. I saw every running back play from about '66 on. Now I was 6 years old when I started watching them but I watched.. Obviously I didn't know what I was watching.. and I have had to rely on highlights and old game reels to reconcile my memory of what I watched.. but I did watch.
There is no delicate way to say this.. but numbers and achievements compiled before the league was fully integrated carry less weight with me. Running through a defense comprised mainly of slow white dudes was no great feat. Not that those old timers were not great for their time.. but their competition was at a much lower level for obvious reasons. We know that the early to mid-60's was when that really started to change because that's when society began to allow brothers to play in the NFL in greater numbers. Before that we both know NFL teams were "allowed" no more than 4 or 5 black players by and large. It is what it is..
By the way.. of all the great players on your lists.. only Marcus, Edge, Emmitt and Sweetness blocked as well as Zeke does..

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Not PFF. The link is posted several times in this thread. They stacked the box on all running plays only 17% of the time. You’re not a coach so wouldn’t know. I’m not a coach either so rely on the published stats.
Keep parroting that BS. It doesn't mean that it is correct

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Zeke is a football player. Durable, runs hard, blocks hard, is putting in extra work now, and a great teammate. I'm glad he's on the cowboys and he may just end up number 1 in rushing this year with Henry out lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Even if it was correct all it tells you is that our QBs are smart enough to audible out of running plays when the box is stacked..
Yes but still only 17% of actual running plays were against a stacked line.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yes but still only 17% of actual running plays were against a stacked line.

Again.. I watched the entire game and counted no less than 7 running plays against an 8 man front. That's 7 out of 24 so I will never agree with that 17% number.. Those people watched a different game than I did.. But I keep coming back to the point that running a large number of running plays against an 8 man front is stupid so the goal should be to keep it low. As such it should not be a criticism of the running back.. it should be a compliment of the QB. The other thing that gets lost is that there are times when a 6 or 7 man front is shown and the backers blitz the gaps leaving 8 and sometimes 9 guys attacking the line of scrimmage at the time of the snap. So while the alignment presnap might look like a light box.. a half second after the snap there are 8 guys running into the backfield. So it's kind of a stupid semantics argument really. Teams attack the line of scrimmage when Zeke is in the backfield. You can find plays where there are only 3 guys on the line of scrimmage presnap and then 4 linebackers and a safety all come flying in at the snap. The "stats" will call those plays a light box.. but in reality there was nothing of the kind.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Again.. I watched the entire game and counted no less than 7 running plays against an 8 man front. That's 7 out of 24 so I will never agree with that 17% number.. Those people watched a different game than I did.. But I keep coming back to the point that running a large number of running plays against an 8 man front is stupid so the goal should be to keep it low. As such it should not be a criticism of the running back.. it should be a compliment of the QB. The other thing that gets lost is that there are times when a 6 or 7 man front is shown and the backers blitz the gaps leaving 8 and sometimes 9 guys attacking the line of scrimmage at the time of the snap. So while the alignment presnap might look like a light box.. a half second after the snap there are 8 guys running into the backfield. So it's kind of a stupid semantics argument really. Teams attack the line of scrimmage when Zeke is in the backfield. You can find plays where there are only 3 guys on the line of scrimmage presnap and then 4 linebackers and a safety all come flying in at the snap. The "stats" will call those plays a light box.. but in reality there was nothing of the kind.
He's just going to keep repeating 17%.

"Squack! 17%, 17% Squack!"

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He's just going to keep repeating 17%.

"Squack! 17%, 17% Squack!"

Yeah I don't get the logic of leaning exclusively on stats.. We can all go back and watch the game and see with our own eyes how things played out. If I see a play were there are 4 down linemen and two linebackers in the middle but then a safety on the line of scrimmage just outside the tackle on one side and then another backer just outside the tight end what do I call that? Technically there are only 6 defenders "in the box" yet there are 6 men on the line with two men at LB. How is that scored by these bean counters? My money says they score that as a light box because it follows the narrow definition of what is in the box... and it's 100% incorrect..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is already better in my view than Gore, Edge, Martin, Bettis and Allen.. If he manages to pass a bunch of them on the rushing list in today's pass happy league it will be a monumental achievement. I started being obsessed with football and running backs somewhere around 1966.. so I saw a LOT of the old timers play. I watched McCutcheon's record setting game .. I watched Greg Pruitt since in Sooner days. I call Lydell Mitchell and Terry Metcalf two of the first great pass catching backs. Watched them both a ton. I saw every running back play from about '66 on. Now I was 6 years old when I started watching them but I watched.. Obviously I didn't know what I was watching.. and I have had to rely on highlights and old game reels to reconcile my memory of what I watched.. but I did watch.
There is no delicate way to say this.. but numbers and achievements compiled before the league was fully integrated carry less weight with me. Running through a defense comprised mainly of slow white dudes was no great feat. Not that those old timers were not great for their time.. but their competition was at a much lower level for obvious reasons. We know that the early to mid-60's was when that really started to change because that's when society began to allow brothers to play in the NFL in greater numbers. Before that we both know NFL teams were "allowed" no more than 4 or 5 black players by and large. It is what it is..
By the way.. of all the great players on your lists.. only Marcus, Edge, Emmitt and Sweetness blocked as well as Zeke does..
Oh my..haven;t heard Greg Pruitt's name in AGES. EVen in Buckeye land we knew who Pruitt was.

Old timer. :p

jnday

Reaction score
Zeke has returned to form this year and is playing very well. He deserved the criticism the last couple of years, but there should not be any complaints this year. You can take a look at this thread’s creator and it will explain a lot. He is always behind when it comes to recognizing problems with this team. He is a year or two late in seeing Zeke’s decline. He has failed to see that Zeke turned everything around this year and he is playing as good as any RB in the league.

RaZon

Reaction score
Quit being so negative. lol

Negative ...ah no, I simply keep it real I don't need a Cowboy the best QB, best RB, best D and on and on. Love my Cowboys long time love affair, seen um all, Pettis Norman, Frank Clarke, Amos Marsh, Jim Stiger, Eddie Lebaron etc. My football card binder of Cowboy cards a thing of beauty.
I just don't play this EVERYTHING must be Cowboys Cowboys, no Dak isn't the best QB, no Zeke isn't the best RB, so what they don't have to be they are still my team.

Check out those stars

front.jpg

9.5 sprinter at Oregon